Home Ready Room
Options

5* Citation help

Trying to decide who to give the 5th star to...... Borg queen, surak, t'kuvma, or Cornwell. Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first thought is NOT T'Kuvma :) . 3 stat cards get you more mileage IMO, especially with voyages.

The question then becomes what area of your roster needs improving the most and what aspects of the game are most important to you. I mainly focus on improving my voyage crew so would look at their voyage usefulness when trying to decide.

For overall voyage scores, Surak is 4th, Cornwell 6th, Queen 13th and T'Kuvma 130th. For myself I find I use Cornwell (great MED and DIP) on a lot of voyages followed by Queen and sometimes Surak depending on the featured skills.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Cornwell and Surak FFFE. Both are great. Cornwell is a bit more useful on voyages due to the med. My T'Kuvma is only at 2FFE, but is still my third best commsnd.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without knowing how your crew breaks down, I would probably recommend Surak. If you’re hurting for MED, go with Cornwell. If you’re hurting for more COM, it should be the Queen. Only if you are completely up *chocolate ganache* creek on COM and SEC should you consider T’Kuvma. I don’t regret putting a fifth star on him - he gets daily usage in either voyages or shuttles - but you have better options available.
  • Options
    SST - 9of7SST - 9of7 ✭✭✭
    Queen and T'Kuvma are also already in the portal pool. Getting their 5th star might be annoying lager on when you have them straight drop from merits or in an otherwise bad behold.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    SST - 9of7 wrote: »
    Queen and T'Kuvma are also already in the portal pool. Getting their 5th star might be annoying lager on when you have them straight drop from merits or in an otherwise bad behold.

Agreed.

I'd say Cornwell or Surak, personally. Surak's got the higher overall score but Cornwell's skill combo might be more useful.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely cite someone who is not yet in the portal. I have both Cornwell and Surak at 5 stars. I measure usefulness by Voyages. Cornwell is on more Voyages than Surak for me
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait and see what Bell Riots Bashir's stats are. If you 2* him right after getting the first copy, it will help you for the entire month of events. That's my plan anyway.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree ... possibly wait add a star to the new 5* Bashir on Thursday/Friday ... he'll be of use for the coming 4 weeks and starting off 2/5 is a great boost to later events (week 2 is Faction!)

Ever since I've been able to do so (Mirror Picard was the first... added a star in week 1 before we all got a free star in the mail when the event was completed) and have not had a single regret with him, Cornwell and Surak all at 5/5.

T'Kuvma, Borg Queen and Kortar get good milage as 4/5 ... all six are either on voyages or shuttles at all times.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone. You really can't go wrong with a FF/FE Cornwell or Surak. Pick the one who's stats are most needed in your crew.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    I’d say the Borg Queen or Surak. Both have good 3 stats. I know people have mentioned waiting to get the Queen in a portal pull or whatnot, but I would never count on that and instead just use a citation. Overall, my first choice would be the Queen, but it’s your crew.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say either Surak or Cornwell, depending on your needed skills. Both make it onto almost every voyage or shuttle I launch. I do tend to use Surak more often in the Gauntlet, though, if that is part of your consideration. LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say either Surak or Cornwell, depending on your needed skills. Both make it onto almost every voyage or shuttle I launch. I do tend to use Surak more often in the Gauntlet, though, if that is part of your consideration. LLAP

Good point. Surak is the better gauntleteer

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding an extra star (citation) doesn't impact their effectiveness in gauntlet, so that is irrelevant.

I agree with others saying to wait to see what Bashir's stats are. He may have the same top two skills as Cornwell (Med and Dip). But it might be more useful to add the extra star to him than Cornwell now so that you get more mileage out of him during this upcoming four-week mega event.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that Bashir's stats are out ... he is a copy of Cornwell regarding skills (MED/DIP/SEC), with a lower DIP base, but higher roll.

I'd say ... cite Bashir ... why?
    - He will be a ton of use the coming month.
    - He is an Augment and that is a tough Collection to get completed at present (two additions this weekend, Bashir and 3* Khan).
    - He counts for the Do No Harm collection (Cornwell doen't - she is part of the New Life & New Civ. collection).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Now that Bashir's stats are out ... he is a copy of Cornwell regarding skills (MED/DIP/SEC), with a lower DIP base, but higher roll.

I'd say ... cite Bashir ... why?
    - He will be a ton of use the coming month.
    - He is an Augment and that is a tough Collection to get completed at present (two additions this weekend, Bashir and 3* Khan).
    - He counts for the Do No Harm collection (Cornwell doen't - she is part of the New Life & New Civ. collection).

Ugh...here I was, prepared to leave Bashir at 4/5* for a few months while I worked on citing crew I really need but then you go and list all these sensible reasons to cite Bashir instead. :smile:

Then again, I’ve already gotten the last set of rewards for Do No Harm and even with Command Security Uniform Khan Bashir will only get me to 8/10 on The Eugenics Wars. Of course, who knows how many more 2/3/4* Augments we’ll get later this month that can help fill that collection. I only have 38,000ish honor anyway, I’ll have time to make a decision.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I don't think the portal will be updated any time soon so I would say it is best to work backwards:

1st Bashir
    2nd Surak
    3rd the one with the hairy chest.... oops no sorry wrong game..... Cornwell
    4th T'Kuvma (you may want to move him to 3rd if he is essential for you in arena)
    5th Borg Queen (unless you need CMD DIP move to 3rd) - NB she is great for voyages and shuttles However she is now in the portal so you run the risk of wasting (trying to think of a less strong word here) the honor you have saved up
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5c. would be as follows

1st Bashir
    2nd Cornwell (MED is much needed)
    3rd Surak (SCI beast)
    4th Borg Queen (CMD beast)
    5th T'kuvma (2 skill so not great for voyages, ugly card might be nice to fuse just to send him to the freezer)
    DB: Do Better