Home The Bridge

"Fair" Reward for the All Immortal Behold?

I only recently started playing this game and have read up on it through the wiki and forums. It's really come a long way since it released. By a long way, I mean it is much more player friendly than it was in 2016. Just having voyages alone makes it a better game.

The biggest problem I see with this game is the honour reward for dismissing purple and gold crew. I find it a little sad that advanced players are punished for having spent lots of money and time acquiring crew. I think those players should be rewarded and incentivized to spend. So here is my proposal.

I propose dismissed purple or gold crew give you the same amount of honour *unless* you have that crew immortalized. If you have that crew immortalized then you should get just under 1/2 the value of a citation, and if you get a triple Immortal Behold, half a citation (as a reward for having achieved such a feat!).

So here is my proposed breakdown for dismissing crew,

moonraker_airlock_370.jpg

Super Rare (Purple)

200 honour as it is now
8000 honour if the crew is immortalized
9000 honour if the crew was part of an all immortal behold

Legendary (Gold)

550 honour as it is now
22500 honour if the crew is immortalized
25000 honour if the crew was part of an all immortal behold

I think this will encourage players to keep all Legendaries and therefore buy more slots in order to do so. I also think more players will buy packs, even if they have 80% of the crew in the packs frozen because they will know at least some honour will come their way.

As players, we all have a MASSIVE "honour debt" as it is. DB giving us a little something more for the achievement of immortalization would be a respectful nod to advanced players and I bet it will result in greater slot and pack sales.

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The problem is the superrares would easily add up to a lot of honor.
    I do think some change is needed.
    A different problem. Is when we spend honor on a behold and the crew choices are all FF.
    Honor beholds need to be different. If the choice one gets are all FF then they should be rewarded with a citation of the same level. Maybe it also needs to be disabled if all choices are FF. To keep it from being abused. Not sure about that, maybe it would be a reward for FF all the choices.

But we all know there are problems still with the honor system. Just have not been able to give DB a solution. Mainly because of the way DB gives us crew without spending money. They also will end up as honor. Not talking about the ingame mail. More about event rewards and voyages.

Edit: seems more and more like we need a difference for crew we pay for with dil. or money when airlocked for honor.
  • dunnaghdunnagh ✭✭
    Indeed. I flushed 4 purples in the last days already (Voyage, Event community reward) which would add up to 4+8k=24k honor... That seems really a lot. The current pace is too slow, thats for sure. Between the 68 legendaries I have, I am missing 191 stars to make them all immortal, so a pace of "1 star per month" would keep me busy for about 16 years. And thats only if I dont get any additional legendaries in the meantime.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with 10% - 1800 for a SR and 5000 for a gold. Either way not going to happen any time soon as Erin has already stated that they are not revising them.

Quite easy not to spend on packs as they don't offer me anything anymore.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't happen. 8000 honor if your crew is immortalized would be to costly for DB. This is probably the #1 complaint currently (the honor structure) but as we know from the Q&A recently they don't see any reason to change it currently.

To me the better solution right now is for DB is to raise the % chance for pulling super rares and legendary characters. Even if you just double the chance it will make people happier has the pull rates will increase. It will probably even result in an increase in spending. It isn't my preferred solution but I just don't see anything else happening.
  • Not going too happens. Not because is 'too costly' or anything else. Is simply because the game was made to give you less as you spend more.
  • RikerWasNumber1RikerWasNumber1 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    OP....8,000 honor for 4* crew immortalized......22.5k honor for immortalized 5*s....wow...you certainly have a rich fantasy life.

v3dufv3djugq.jpg

• Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love these threads.

I love the ideas.

I love that the community takes time to socialize solutions to a problem.

I love this community.

That all being said, nothing is changing.

You'd have to prorate me for all the 550 honor airlocks due to an all-immortal behold.

That's *a lot* of honor to prorate.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love these threads.

I love the ideas.

I love that the community takes time to socialize solutions to a problem.

I love this community.

That all being said, nothing is changing.

You'd have to prorate me for all the 550 honor airlocks due to an all-immortal behold.

That's *a lot* of honor to prorate.

You could have said the same thing about honor in general. Hey I airlocked all these cards 2 months before honor existed and just got trainers, you need to prorate me some honor in exchange.

It would make some folks upset but something different would make things better overall and in the end.

Though I don't believe anything will change, because the lobes dictate that they don't.
  • Ok I'll give another crack at this thread because maybe some of you are unaware of how card collecting gambling games actually work and need to be set straight. OP your request for that much honor compensation for having a 4* or 5* already immortalized will NEVER happen. Seriously it will never ever happen ever. This is a card collecting gambling game. Part of the gamble aside from not getting the card you want is possibly getting duplicates. There is really no difference from getting a 1,2, or 3* card which you have already immortalized versus a 4 or 5* in terms of playing the game. You buy packs, you hope you get something new, and sometimes you win sometimes you lose. That's what gambling is a risk you might not get what you want. DB will not simply gift you that much honor for already having a 4* or 5* immortalized...that simply means you have played the game and are immortalizing cards and if you want new cards you need to gamble more. With your compensation standards players like me would be getting about 500k honor per week. It is a ludicrously optimistic fantasy to believe DB will pay any attention to this request.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have no way of trading my dupes to another player to get what I need. In card collecting You can usually get more than what the OP wants in trade value.

Edit: @RikerWasNumber1
    I usually am all set to write some thing similar to what you wrote. Then, I remember that in card collecting you can trade your duplicates. I usually then will switch to a comment about not being able to trade duplicates.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Honor beholds need to be different. If the choice one gets are all FF then they should be rewarded with a citation of the same level.

Or you could simply not buy the behold if the chances of getting one all FF are too high for your liking. Otherwise, yeah it would be great to pay 16,200 honor and get 18,000 back, but it's not going to happen.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    I have no way of trading my dupes to another player to get what I need. In card collecting You can usually get more than what the OP wants in trade value.

I usually am all set to write some thing similar to what you wrote. Then, I remember that in card collecting you can trade your duplicates. I usually then will switch to a comment about not being able to trade duplicates.

Trading will also never happen. People would make duplicate accounts and trade amongst fleetmates instead of buying more packs. Due to financial loss DB would never allow such a feature.
  • They could always find other ways to make money even with these new suggested features.

Trading will also never happen. People would make duplicate accounts and trade amongst fleetmates instead of buying more packs. Due to financial loss DB would never allow such a feature.

• guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭
    how about some crew trainers?
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    guest_7456 wrote: »

You must be new. Most players use their large surplus of trainers as (low-yield) replicator fuel. They wouldn't value any extras of those...
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »

You must be new. Most players use their large surplus of trainers as (low-yield) replicator fuel. They wouldn't value any extras of those...

Or, he is joking about the fact that crew trainers used to be all you got for them.
  • guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭

You must be new.

...perhaps you are the one who is new...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Honor beholds need to be different. If the choice one gets are all FF then they should be rewarded with a citation of the same level.

Or you could simply not buy the behold if the chances of getting one all FF are too high for your liking. Otherwise, yeah it would be great to pay 16,200 honor and get 18,000 back, but it's not going to happen.

You got that right. But they will gladly take 18000 honor for 200 honor when all your superrare choices are FF😉

I do not know if anybody actually does the honor superrare behold. They usually do the legendary behold. So I guess I should have said they will gladly take are 45000 honor for 550 honor.😉
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

You must be new.

...perhaps you are the one who is new...

Newer than many. Not new to ironic statements for humour, though - although they can be difficult to detect in anonymous text-only communication. :s Guess I should have clicked through to your profile...
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know if anybody actually does the honor superrare behold. They usually do the legendary behold. So I guess I should have said they will gladly take are 45000 honor for 550 honor.😉

I figured the 4* behold is more likely to be all FF than the 5* for most players.

But either way, buying the behold is a sucker's bet when more and more of the options are FF. Instead of expecting a citation if you lose the bet, the simpler thing to do is buy the citation.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Dralix wrote: »

I figured the 4* behold is more likely to be all FF than the 5* for most players.

But either way, buying the behold is a sucker's bet when more and more of the options are FF. Instead of expecting a citation if you lose the bet, the simpler thing to do is buy the citation.

Sorry I probably should have been more clear. Your comment was fine for what I was proposing. People would do superrare honor beholds.

My problem was with my comment. Very few people would get Superrare honor beholds the way it is now. So I had to switch to the legendary for the current honor behold.
  • I think a fair reward is one re-roll, ie a citation for an immortal behold in the honour hall. CS didn't agree with me.