Home The Bridge
Options

Stagnating Collections

First it should be noted that Wild West Uhura still isn't in the Wild West Collection.

Second there is no collections for super rares or legendaries. This makes no sense as there are collections for 1, 2, and 3* cards.

Third many of us have completed the majority of collections leaving them "maxed out". This is the same problem we have with achievements. The maxed out achievements for "Make scans from your ship 3/3" or "complete away team missions in episodes 10/10" have sat like that for months and months. These are minor yet very necessary updates and maintenance for the game that keeps players caring.

Comments

• Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    4* cryo collections are a must...
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed... I am down to a single collection to achieve bonus for (reasonably speaking, without spending many $$$ to level 10 or more Legendaries for just another 1% level up for one collection.)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some collections left, but many feel quite out of reach, as opposed to something I can actually work towards.

A 4* collection would be very appreciated, given how many of those I immortalise per month.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some collections left, but many feel quite out of reach, as opposed to something I can actually work towards.

I used to think that was a problem. Now I'm not so sure. I took one look at the Augment collection on release and figured it was out of reach. Now I expect to finish it by the end of the month. Some will be harder (ex Jury Rigger) but maybe not impossible.

More collections would still be cool.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I used to think that was a problem. Now I'm not so sure. I took one look at the Augment collection on release and figured it was out of reach. Now I expect to finish it by the end of the month. Some will be harder (ex Jury Rigger) but maybe not impossible.

Going into the event, I have 6 Augments. I already know I'll at LEAST get two more (Roga Danar + Hobo Bashir). Already doing better than the Romulan event.

As for the collections, I imagine anyone who has already close to maxing all of the current collections would be very close to maxing any new collection they would release. Enjoy your bonuses. It's a brand new feature, so I'd be very surprised if they expanded it significantly in the near term.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Going into the event, I have 6 Augments. I already know I'll at LEAST get two more (Roga Danar + Hobo Bashir). Already doing better than the Romulan event.

As for the collections, I imagine anyone who has already close to maxing all of the current collections would be very close to maxing any new collection they would release. Enjoy your bonuses. It's a brand new feature, so I'd be very surprised if they expanded it significantly in the near term.

From the "Q&A with Admiral Prince April '18", https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5164/q-a-with-admiral-prince-april-18#latest

"Will existing Collections be expanded and will more Collections added?
    Yes! We have a list of ideas for new collections, a list of ones that are almost ready to go, and a list of crew who are needed so we can get some collections added and others expanded. You will see both expansions of existing collections and new ones added in the future."

In other words, soon™.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

From the "Q&A with Admiral Prince April '18", https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5164/q-a-with-admiral-prince-april-18#latest

Yes! We have a list of ideas for new collections, a list of ones that are almost ready to go, and a list of crew who are needed so we can get some collections added and others expanded. You will see both expansions of existing collections and new ones added in the future."

In other words, soon™.

Yea, and in the first Q&A, they said they were looking at revamping event rewards only to play take-backs this past Q&A.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

In other words, soon™.

Yea, and in the first Q&A, they said they were looking at revamping event rewards only to play take-backs this past Q&A.

Oh, I agree with you, don't get me wrong. I would not expect to see them expand Collections or Achievements until after a new Episode/Distress Calls is introduced, which probably won't happen until late summer or early fall, right before Season 2 of DSC begins and we get yet another Disco-Mega.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

In other words, soon™.

That’s a good point. However, new collections should be easy enough to implement - revamping event rewards is probably not as simple as we all hope, because DB needs to figure out how to make them work for the players as well as for their own bottom line.

Collections require little more than an idea of what to base the collection on (super easy, given that we have no collections for Klingons or 4* crew, never mind any other traits that could be chosen) and to figure out what rewards make sense based on the number of collected crew (should be easy, if previous collections are used for guidance). I imagine there is a concern about how a massive dump of free chrons, dilithium, honor, and whatnot will affect spending, hence the ongoing delay in releasing more collections.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Season 2 of Discovery is tentatively scheduled for release during the first half of 2019... so I'm hoping you're not talking about (northern hemisphere) summer 2019?
  • Options
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Season 2 of Discovery is tentatively scheduled for release during the first half of 2019... so I'm hoping you're not talking about (northern hemisphere) summer 2019?

My mistake, I assumed it would be later this year (2018). Thanks for pointing that out! 🖖🏻