Home The Bridge
Options

Wonky Event pull...

edited May 2018 in The Bridge
So one of the 5 Shore leave Event pulls i did ended like this...
gapx7ufgj6ib.png
The first slot had one of the featured SRs, then i get a behold, took first star on Rasmussen. Then i get the blue crew, then I get a behold and get Ardra's last star...then i get a straight drop of Admiral Riker. Ive never gotten a straight drop of a legendary unless they are the featured legendary in the pack. And he wasnt even in the last slot...is it possible the server messed up to not give a behold (and i can choose a legendary crew of my choice from the loot table:smiley:??) Or is this an intended action?

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only two times I’ve seen a legendary straight drop is from a merit pull (finally got one after so many pulls) and from an event pack. Since Riker was not event crew I would say yes, that is not natural.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    The only two times I’ve seen a legendary straight drop is from a merit pull (finally got one after so many pulls) and from an event pack. Since Riker was not event crew I would say yes, that is not natural.

Ooh great!! Ive wanted Temoral Prisoner Chakotay for a while so i may be able to get him if this isnt natural.
  • Options
    I thought that other versions of the featured crew could drop straight from event packs. I don't know if I experienced it before, but I bought the Garak, Elim Garak offer & from my 5 portal pulls I got another copy of Garak as well as an Admiral Riker and a Kal-if-fee Kirk. Neither were part of a behold nor the final character in the pack. I didn't have either of them, so I guess I felt kinda lucky compared to some of my other recent pulls, but I have to admit I was hoping for a behold to add a star to someone I already had rather than collect someone new.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I've seen it happen before. Either way, I think submitting a ticket and trying to get your choice of a Legendary out of it is rather unjustifiable.

Well....what can i say...I REALLY WANT TEMPORAL PRISONER CHAKOTAY!! Edit: also why im posting here, i dont wanna send a ticket if this is an intended (but rare) function. But since @Banjo1012 said it isnt natural i did send a ticket. We will just see what the support rep has to say about it, unless @Shan beats them to it.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your ticket, but my take on this would be that your first slot result is the only promised result from the pack purchase. After that, you just got very lucky with non-featured RNG. I hope to be this lucky from a 10x pull someday...
  • Options
    Good luck with your ticket, but my take on this would be that your first slot result is the only promised result from the pack purchase. After that, you just got very lucky with non-featured RNG. I hope to be this lucky from a 10x pull someday...

Exactly...that guaranteed super rare was already given, so i should've gotten a behold instead of a straight drop.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I've seen it happen before. Either way, I think submitting a ticket and trying to get your choice of a Legendary out of it is rather unjustifiable.

Well....what can i say...I REALLY WANT TEMPORAL PRISONER CHAKOTAY!! Edit: also why im posting here, i dont wanna send a ticket if this is an intended (but rare) function. But since @Banjo1012 said it isnt natural i did send a ticket. We will just see what the support rep has to say about it, unless @Shan beats them to it.

I stick to it being unnatural and believe me, I’ve done ALOT of different pulls of ALL different types

• Options

I stick to it being unnatural and believe me, I’ve done ALOT of different pulls of ALL different types

So have i, and this has never happened, but isnt that wrong? i mean if you already got the featured crew, any extra 4 or 5 star crew should be from a behold
  • Options
    It’s pretty rare, though I think it happened recently to me as well... During the first year of release it was more common to get a straight legendary drop... It’s worth a ticket... worst they can say is no...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten straight legendaries before although it's been quite a while. There was a while there when it seemed like beholds were extra rare.
  • Options
    Obviously I can't stop anyone from opening a ticket (and despite what it may look like, I'm not trying to be your mom and telling you what to do or you won't get any dessert 🥧), but I'll just leave you with this thought: to be completely honest, I have to believe that the more players who submit frivolous CS tickets (which, in my opinion, this is), the more the response time is slowed down for those players who open tickets with actual, far more serious issues.

Hence why i have stopped sending tickets for smaller screwups. But i do think not getting a behold and getting a straight drop of a non-featured crew is wrong.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the Durango Troi event way back when I had 2 Commander Troi (Drunk Troi) drop in seperate packs, no behold. It’s pretty rare, but it does occasionally happen without the behold. I also believe, but it’s been ages, that Arachnia dropped no behold once for me, as well.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously I can't stop anyone from opening a ticket (and despite what it may look like, I'm not trying to be your mom and telling you what to do or you won't get any dessert 🥧), but I'll just leave you with this thought: to be completely honest, I have to believe that the more players who submit frivolous CS tickets (which, in my opinion, this is), the more the response time is slowed down for those players who open tickets with actual, far more serious issues.

I will go on record as saying I did not advise on a course of action, only commented that the result of his pull was in fact wonky
  • Options

I will go on record as saying I did not advise on a course of action, only commented that the result of his pull was in fact wonky

Duely noted Banjo, but think about it...what if DB did start to just drop legendary crew, no behold, all the time?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually not unusual. What happened is augment Riker was in the event pack as event bonus crew. It is not unusual at all in event packs to get other versions of the event crew. Also they usually are not in beholds.

But I do not think it hurts to ask. Between events is the slow time.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    This is actually not unusual. What happened is augment Riker was in the event pack as event bonus crew. It is not unusual at all in event packs to get other versions of the event crew. Also they usually are not in beholds.

Really? Because i think ive pulled over 200 event pulls and ive never had this happen...ever! It is wonky
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Really? Because i think I've pulled over 200 event pulls and ive never had this happen...ever! It is wonky
    It has happened to me before; Admiral Janeway dropped from a Janeway featured pack.
    Riker is pretty decent for the old Maverick/Gambler type Gauntlets.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is working as intended. All event packs have a rare chance of dropping other versions of featured crew. It is very rare, but has been that way for a very long time.
  • Options
    Well thank you all...didn't know but now i do. First time ever.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Duely noted Banjo, but think about it...what if DB did start to just drop legendary crew, no behold, all the time?

Yes that would be upsetting. Allow me to extend the record by saying you’re well within acceptable parameters for putting in a ticket. I would put one in myself were this me. In short, I support you doing so, however I did not suggest it. I know I ruffle some feathers here, intentionally I admit, but this one was not the intention

• Options
    edited May 2018

Hence why i have stopped sending tickets for smaller screwups. But i do think not getting a behold and getting a straight drop of a non-featured crew is wrong.

I know I'm new and all but am I totally missing something......why does it need to be a behold? I would be dancing up and down my kitchen if I had a legendary drop (behold or not) especially after the featured crew had alrdy landed..... I would think I was really lucky, and would celebrate me good fortune.
    To me, any legendary drop is awesome, not wrong.

Because normally you are supposed to get any extra legendaries/super rares after recieveing the guarenteed featured crew from the pull. That is just how it works, people are always annoyed about getting all immortilized/ff beholds, thankfully i didnt get a legendary character i have already ff. Still the fact remains that i dont do event pulls just for the featured crew but also for the chance to get some other useful crew from beholds, and the day DB says "hey, now in event pulls we are removing beholds, only straight drops will occure." my wallet is gonna close a lot more. Plus when i started i also would've been ecstatic to get a legendary, even if it wasnt a behold, but when youve sunk enough money to be VIP28 into this game and you get all ff/immortilized beholds regularly...you get the idea, the option of choice is quite nice. Now since i know that this isn't a bug but rather just a rare occurrence, I won't expect anything CS, and that's fine, but i had to be sure. For all i know when this happens you can get a crew member of the same report of your choice from the loot table just like when you get a behold with all 3 choices the same.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at wiki this was an event pack from March 16th-20th 2017.
    I was actually expecting it to be older but this may be old enough.
    When I opened packs and got the superrare in that first slot, I thought oh well nothing good this time. But then I got some beholds. I was surprised.

It may be that this is old enough not to be setup the way they are now.
    That is if nine drops do not yield anything put superrare or legendary ( depending on RNG) in first slot.
    I must admit you start thinking something is wrong.
    And then you got the non behold legendary.
    I can see how you would be thinking what is going on.

I still think it does not hurt to have them tell you it is working correctly and the old packs were random in drop order.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    I think @WaldoMag's proposed explanation sounds logical, even likely.
  • Options
    This is one I had in January. Torres was a straight drop and not a Begold, this was the best pull I ever had! p9injnud727y.png
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can’t get over the fact that “I got a legendary but I didn’t get to choose one off of a list of three possibilities” isn’t entitlement but being upset at having the chance at earning enough schematics to level up a ship taken away without warning *is* considered entitlement. Be happy with a legendary crew you didn’t have before, don’t clog up the CS staff with unnecessary tickets, and move on with your life. If this had happened to me I would have been ecstatic at getting a new legendary crew...some people.

I think both require a rather large sense of entitlement, personally. -shrug-
This discussion has been closed.