Home The Bridge
Options

Roga Danar does not have the veteran trait

Is it me or is that his main thing?

Maybe we're getting a version of him from before the Angosian war?
Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point. Of course, it is a small point since most players will never see him as he is not threshold. Still, something they should add for the next update.
  • Options
    Making him a veteran would also make it easier to complete the veteran collection.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping for a better Sec stat. But then, I'm just basing that on his old awesome CCG Sec stat so maybe not relevant here.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point. Of course, it is a small point since most players will never see him as he is not threshold. Still, something they should add for the next update.

Whether players see him or not is irrelevant.

His entire episode revolves around his veteran-hood. If this isn't fixed then I don't understand.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran would be nice but I'm much happier to see he's a Jury Rigger.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t get why he doesn’t have the augment trait.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sisko should get that Veteran trait too, if you ask me.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Why are things like this either/or when it should be both?
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both should get vet,
    Danae should be Augment.
    It was clever picking him for the event because he is an augmented angoshen and then they don't follow through with it in the traits so he's worthless for the rest of the mega event much like Amanda during the last one.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having two of the three characters from the event NOT be usable for the rest of the event is a bit disappointing.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Why are things like this either/or when it should be both?

1. Jury Rigger is best.
    2. Augment is next best.
    3. Veteran is last best.
    4. Happy?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan said in the event thread that him not having augment is correct. He’s an augment, but not an Augment. 🙄

Why did we have a vote for the mega? To get toons that fit neither of the voted on categories apparently.
  • Options
    Shan said in the event thread that him not having augment is correct. He’s an augment, but not an Augment. 🙄

Why did we have a vote for the mega? To get toons that fit neither of the voted on categories apparently.

In that case then, shouldn't Klingon Dukat not have the Klingon trait because he wasn't part of the Klingon "faction"? In fact, he was actively fighting against them.

*sigh*

If this is really a thing that's a problem, maybe add a new trait that's "augmented" and then keep the "Augment" faction trait separate.

After all, Bashir certainly wasn't part of the Augment faction and their cause, yet he has the trait.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭

In that case then, shouldn't Klingon Dukat not have the Klingon trait because he wasn't part of the Klingon "faction"? In fact, he was actively fighting against them.

*sigh*

If this is really a thing that's a problem, maybe add a new trait that's "augmented" and then keep the "Augment" faction trait separate.

After all, Bashir certainly wasn't part of the Augment faction and their cause, yet he has the trait.

wasn't he cosplaying as klingon or something?
  • Options
    guest_7456 wrote: »

*sigh*

wasn't he cosplaying as klingon or something?

Um no.

He was in command of a Klingon ship he had captured, and was wearing Klingon bling as trophies from the Klingons he had defeated.

He was not pretending to be a Klingon.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    There is a case that could be made for him not being augment. Every augment in the game so far is a genetically augmented human. If Danar gets it, should TOS Klingons? Should Silik? Vorta and Jem'Hadar? Keeping it as is is a defensible logic and for "plot" reasons it make sense why Danar would align with the human Augments.

Missing Veteran begs the question if anyone involved in traits had seen his episode. There is no reason he should be missing this trait.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roonis wrote: »
    There is a case that could be made for him not being augment. Every augment in the game so far is a genetically augmented human. If Danar gets it, should TOS Klingons? Should Silik? Vorta and Jem'Hadar? Keeping it as is is a defensible logic and for "plot" reasons it make sense why Danar would align with the human Augments.

Missing Veteran begs the question if anyone involved in traits had seen his episode. There is no reason he should be missing this trait.

In relation to this story he is literally (and I mean literally not figuratively) leading a rogue contingent of Augments--- and is essentially representing Augments in some fashion in this event.

If they wanna go that route, then write the event differently and make this guy part of a one off after the mega.
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Roonis wrote: »

In relation to this story he is literally (and I mean literally not figuratively) leading a rogue contingent of Augments--- and is essentially representing Augments in some fashion in this event.

If they wanna go that route, then write the event differently and make this guy part of a one off after the mega.

And that does not in any way change what I said, and again still makes sense why he would be working with the augments, even if you lock the trait to strictly Augmented Humans, his interests would still align. I'm citing it as a specific definition, not a faction. Im not even saying its the right decision to make, just that it is defensible as a decision, especially since it can open a vague rabit hole of what qualifies and what doesn't

Th larger point again being, Augment there could be a reason it isnt there intentionally, veteran is flat out someone screwed up.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Either the Augment trait is being both Human and Augmented, as it is now.
    Or it is the Augment faction
    The Misfits and Bashir are not the Augment faction.
    Do you really want Roga Danar, Marla McGivers, and maybe Arik Soong.
    To replace Bashirs in Eugenics collection?

The maybe on Arik Soong is because at the end of the episode he was no longer of that mind set.

Also I think Shan posted because he is not the Augment faction for Roga Danar. Boy this I getting muddy

I say leave the Augment Trait as is. But they made a mistake with Roga Danar being in a DS9 and Augment event.

They really have a broader term for Augment than the trait has for this event.

When we were all commenting on this before we new specifics.
    We were thinking more like Augments of any species. That would leave Soong and McGivers out as is now. But would include all the current ones with the trait as well as alien augments.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Since previous crew have been listed as both Human and Augment, non-human augmented crew should definitely get the Augment trait in addition to their own racial trait. So, I think Roga should certainly have Augment, as well as Veteran, and maybe Survivalist and Pilot too.

P.S. - If Roga Danar is not an Augment, then why the frack is he even in this mega-event? So he’s an augmented person who is not an Augment because he’s not in the Khan club or whatever, but that’s just a bit silly. If DB is going to use a character and then not make him an Augment and it’s not crew from DS9, then don’t use that character, because he doesn’t fit the criteria for the event.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since previous crew have been listed as both Human and Augment, non-human augmented crew should definitely get the Augment trait in addition to their own racial trait. So, I think Roga should certainly have Augment, as well as Veteran, and maybe Survivalist and Pilot too.

P.S. - If Roga Danar is not an Augment, then why the frack is he even in this mega-event? So he’s an augmented person who is not an Augment because he’s not in the Khan club or whatever, but that’s just a bit silly. If DB is going to use a character and then not make him an Augment and it’s not crew from DS9, then don’t use that character, because he doesn’t fit the criteria for the event.

I blame it on the temporal anomalies, since DB does seem to keep mixing characters from different ... oh, right, never mind. Carry on. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

I blame it on the temporal anomalies, since DB does seem to keep mixing characters from different ... oh, right, never mind. Carry on. 🖖🏻

But Agent Janeway is Section 31 because of the Alpha and Omega Event...!

*shakes fist at temporal anomalies** grumble grumble :D

(*DB trait dartboard obvs)