Home The Bridge

Bell Riots Bashir skills

So, apparently, Riots Bashir has the same skills set like Prisoner Cornwell - DIP 847 (242-487), SEC 585 (8-18) , MED 1195 (133-365).
He is not gauntlet best either and his FF/FE skills are very similar to Cornwell's 4/5 FE
Aside of traits, this almost seems like a crew slot waste..

What does the community thinks of it?

Comments

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get something almost like Cornwell except with the Physician trait. Which is actually a bigger deal than it sounds.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I don't mind but Sisko and Roga Dana are incredibly weak
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I get something almost like Cornwell except with the Physician trait. Which is actually a bigger deal than it sounds.
    That's what I was thinking. Always bugs me on Voyages that she doesn't fill that slot. Now Bashir will have it covered!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to get Darth Bashir, but I was hoping for different.
  • Physician trait and augment trait are more important to me than the weakness of his skills due to collections. I am excited to add at least 3 augments to my 6/10 collection and the last physician I need for 25/25 collection.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not regard a strong med base like that as a "waste". For my daily shuttle runs (and in Bashir events) he will have his use. Also many "characters" are simply varations of others in a "new dress".
  • Here's my problem. Bell Riots Bashir is basically a weaker Cornwell. And it wouldn't bother me, except we have Cornwell. Sure, the traits are good, but the proficiencies are terrible.
    Would it have killed them to go in a different direction? Maybe make his DIP primary?

That was exactly my point. Thanks for wording it much better than I did.

• S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashir should be better than Cornwell in every possible way.

Federation wouldn't lose against Klingons if Bashir was an admiral
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »

I guess he really wasn't THAT Augmented, lol.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I guess he really wasn't THAT Augmented, lol.

It's clear from the Discovery that Federation was operated by idiots.

They lost dozen Starbase and numerous shops by Klingon entering the Starbase cloaked and then self-destructing it.

It was so easy to prevent, just shot phasers and torpedos behind every ship which is entering the Starbase.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of that war in Discovery, a freaking therapist was running Starfleet. They only won because the Klingons literally turned around and went home!
  • pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    I find it a little disappointing compared to some of the other megas, but Bashir still has good stats for Voyages & a good Medical base for shuttles and galaxies (though they don't come up often in events...).

His traits don't really matter because (a) those profs aren't high enough even with crit bonuses in the Gauntlet and (b) for voyages matching a trait adds about a minute and a half.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you not remember when Bashir and his augment group did calculations and believed that the Federation was going to lose to the Dominion and Bashir tried to convince Starfleet to surrender?

Tbh they didn't have even enough data for their calculations like the existence of Section 31 and that founders are infected and so on...
    pbert wrote: »
    His traits don't really matter because (a) those profs aren't high enough even with crit bonuses in the Gauntlet and (b) for voyages matching a trait adds about a minute and a half.

I had two voyages last 7h59min this week.

That extra bit of anti-matter usually gives you can one extra chance at loot. Which is enough reason by itself to do it.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you not remember when Bashir and his augment group did calculations and believed that the Federation was going to lose to the Dominion and Bashir tried to convince Starfleet to surrender?

Tbh they didn't have even enough data for their calculations like the existence of Section 31 and that founders are infected and so on...

Had the founders even been infected?

Also that wasn't actually relevant at that point, Starfleet fought them back before the infection and Sec 31 stuff started to unfold.

What they failed to take into account was human spunk and stuff (cue: Picard humanity speech).

Bashir is brilliant and all, but that doesn't make him admiral-material. Admiral Sisko? Yeah he'd clean up.

Admiral Bashir would only possibly work if he was still having regular lunches with Garak where they could talk strategy.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also that wasn't actually relevant at that point, Starfleet fought them back before the infection and Sec 31 stuff started to unfold.

What they failed to take into account was human spunk and stuff (cue: Picard humanity speech).

Bashir is brilliant and all, but that doesn't make him admiral-material. Admiral Sisko? Yeah he'd clean up.

Admiral Bashir would only possibly work if he was still having regular lunches with Garak where they could talk strategy.

Yeah, section 31 infected founders in season 4.
    And it's a massive advantage basically the war was won at that moment.

It diverted most resources from the war effort into finding the cure and it spread terror and panic into Vortas.

Imagine how many Vortas were assigned on a cure project instead of conducting war operations.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

It diverted most resources from the war effort into finding the cure and it spread terror and panic into Vortas.

Imagine how many Vortas were assigned on a cure project instead of conducting war operations.

And my point is that the infection alone wasn't what won them the war, and at that exact point, from what I recall, Sisko et al were doing a lot of other things that helped beyond just the infection.

Sec 31 did not win the war. Sisko and the DS9 crew did. Sec 31 just helped a bit, and gave them grounds to negotiate on.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

And my point is that the infection alone wasn't what won them the war, and at that exact point, from what I recall, Sisko et al were doing a lot of other things that helped beyond just the infection.

Sec 31 did not win the war. Sisko and the DS9 crew did. Sec 31 just helped a bit, and gave them grounds to negotiate on.

When the female Changeling became infected and was stuck on Cardassia, she lost control of her composure and perspective. Their whole operation was becoming a mess.... the addition of the Breen undermined the Cardassians even more and the cracks in their shallow alliances only grew. If she hadn’t been infected by S31, she’d have retained focus.... she could’ve bided her time, built more ships, bred more Jemhadar.... but time was something she didn’t have... she was dying, as were her race... So, I’d say infecting the Founders was a pivotal moment in the war. Sure the DS9 crew, Klingons, and to a lesser extent the Romulans played a massive part, constantly chipping away.... but if it wasn’t for S31’s infection, the Dominion would’ve won the war by churning out more ships and soldiers than the Alpha Quadrant forces could muster.
  • Not sure if I’ll even want to use a citation on this Bashir. The worse offense is Danar though.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would a Sith Lord need diplomacy?

Most Sith lacked it completely, only Darth Sidious had diplomacy when he was pretending to be a nice guy. Once he donned his Sith cape, he was all evil and lightning and stuff.

He should really have had engineering (building Death Stars and other toys), or command ( "Apology accepted Captain Needa." ).
  • As missing out on Cornwell was the thing I regretted missing most during my hiatus from the game, I'm happy to get the next best thing.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    As missing out on Cornwell was the thing I regretted missing most during my hiatus from the game, I'm happy to get the next best thing.

Same boat.

Also, There are a finite number of skill combinations, Bashir is good on his own. If we compared every character to the last similar one, stat creep would accelerate beyond belief.
  • The traits, as usual, are the real deal. A 4/5* physician will be more than welcome.
  • While we're on rhe topic of Power Creep... Here's my 1/5FE Killy.
    sbccg8xel5m9.jpg
    And my 3/5FE Khan.
    vo963ka342ue.jpg
    With 3* he only beats her in security. He has more base, but she has better prof. Add 2 stars to her and she might beat him in all 3. Definately beats him in COM/ENG.
    Power creep rules!
  • Most 3* cards are more powerful than Bashir's security trait....I guess I like that because it's free and it should be weak as to avoid another gauntlet wall. Well done DB not just giving away things to non-paying players. Sincere kudos.
    While we're on rhe topic of Power Creep... Here's my 1/5FE Killy.

Khan 1040+(206–421) / 376+(140–288) / 1145+(72–143)
    Killy 1145+(207–450) / 567+(44–142) / 988+(105–206)

They're pretty close actually.