Home The Bridge
Options

Ship Packs

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone pulled one of these? Are they all/mostly event ships, or all random ships plus one guaranteed event ship. It seems like these **tsk tsk** if they are just 100 of one of the event ships.

Comments

• Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    This is the first time there has been an event specific ship pack. I haven't pulled one yet. I expect it to be all ship schemes with one slot from the event ships.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I somehow failed to take a screenshot, but it was 10 ship schematics. I had one Reliant drop and two (I believe) Mirandas.
  • Options
    Can people post the ship traits and abilities please?
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    Not d3bca0kq33im.png
    A good one
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I remember something about 1/3 ship drop. I guess rounded down. So a guarantee of three of the schematics being the mentioned ones.
    Also that 1/3 was for a x10 I believe. They should of had it 30%

I am thinking the video now.
    The blog where video is shows an example skirmish ship pack. On that the 1/3 is shown.

Looking at pack info, it says you are only guaranteed 100 of event ships.
    We need posting if anybody gets less than 3 sets for a times ten purchase.

Edit: I am reading the blog example wrong. It just means you are guaranteed to get one of the three event x100 schematic per a x10 pack.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a video to put on YouTube later.

Short story - I did 34 pulls: 7 from the $100 Sisko offer and 27 at 350 DIL a pop.

I have a level 4 Reliant.

Also, the thresholds gift exactly 575 Reliant schematics - which is great! But, the Reliant, like any 5* ship, does not unlock level 1 until 600 schematics. So.....yeah.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    16 pulls of 350 dil each. 7 from the $100 pack, rest from bonus dil (including the double your crew).... 500 schematics.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    This Sisko1
    You mentioned 500 schematics.

There are three event ships two are new.
    Do you have any idea how many total you got?

I was thinking 16 *300 at least. But 500 on one probably means only guarantee of 100 per x10 pack. Like info on pack says.

I would say that would have to be the case for you getting only 500 schematics of assuming Reliant.

Seeing the Blog showing an example Skirmish pack with 1/3 drop rate of event ships. Really disappointing we do not have the Skirmish pack like that.
    bqn8ozwpazza.png

Edit : I am reading this all wrong. They are stating you will get one event ship per a pack. It is just a strange way of showing it.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I have no idea how many schematics I had for the Defiant but this is my new total, for the 2 star ship, I maxed it at level 7 and have the total below left over. I also maxed the 2 star sphere and the andorian cruiser schematics dropped to get me to level 2 from 1. ozzf757x9ba0.png
    75l1d70lwtb0.png

I remember the last few pulls because I was close to the Reliant, the 2 star ship and Defiant schematics would drop in the 10x pack together. The main issue is these packs used to have 150 schematics drop at a time and not only 100.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    193hj7e66x0l.png
    Ya your drop definitely looks like only one event schematics was guaranteed.
    I seriously doubt you would have gotten 29 of the Defiant.

As I said disappointing, It tempted me when it looked like it might have 3 sets of event ship schematics per a x10 pack . But I did not do it because info said only one guaranteed. And info was correct.

Franks video should confirm this.

Edit: I am reading the blog skirmish pack wrong. That 1/3 just means you are guaranteed 1 of the three event ship schematic set per a pack.
  • Options
    I apologize, I get your question now. Yes only one of the 3 was guaranteed.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times I got two or three in the same pack. But again, at 100 a pop, and with a 33.3% chance, it would take a lot of money just to unlock it. I know I'll see a maxed one tomorrow during the event. That person will be labeled King Whale.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Frank I keep thinking the same way. This is not gauntlet or arena for that matter. We do not battle each other.

Though you might see one in arena😉

I just watched video again. The ships we battle do not have any crew.
    What I see in video is, the 5 ship battles, the ship you battle, the hull strength gets better for each battle.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind if you clear all the thresholds you get another 500 USS Reliant schems. So if you already have 100, you've got your ship. The Q now is how long will it take to climb the threshold ladder?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Reliant is cool but I was hoping for a Jem'Hadar Battle cruiser or something more DS9.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did say the Dominion Battlecruiser is coming in the last Q&A. Of course they didn’t say when.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing if Skirmishes work out, we can expect far more of those ships we've been asking for. Enterprise-E/A, Jem'Hadar Battlecruiser, all of the fun ones. Except the Delta Flyer...never the Delta Flyer.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    I'm guessing if Skirmishes work out, we can expect far more of those ships we've been asking for. Enterprise-E/A, Jem'Hadar Battlecruiser, all of the fun ones. Except the Delta Flyer...never the Delta Flyer.

You say that because you don't actually want the Delta Flier or you are using reverse psychology on DB?
  • Options
    I pulled a few. Miranda class now complete, no Reliant.
  • Options
    CMCM624CMCM624 ✭✭
    I pulled 7 of the packs. I ended up with a maxed Miranda, just unlocked Reliant and added 200 to the defiant. It is 175 to the level 2 reliant , but the last two draws were all Miranda that was maxed, so I gave up.
  • Options
    How many ship schematic does it take to fully upgrade a 5* ship?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many ship schematic does it take to fully upgrade a 5* ship?

600 to unlock (1/10)

2/10 +175
    3/10 +225
    4/10 +300
    5/10 +425
    6/10 +575
    7/10 +775
    8/10 +1050
    9/10 +1350
    10/10 +1800

7,275 to unlock and level to 10/10
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    And that is my problem with ship packs. If you want to get it to where the 575 threshold rewards will finish it. You are going to need 6700 more from packs.
    The drop rate of legendary schematics is one on the average per a pack. It looks like the drop of the event legendary is 1/3 of this or 1 in every three packs.

So guessing it will take 201 packs to get it to that level. Or 70350 dil.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    And that is my problem with ship packs. If you want to get it to where the 575 threshold rewards will finish it. You are going to need 6700 more from packs.
    The drop rate of legendary schematics is one on the average per a pack. It looks like the drop of the event legendary is 1/3 of this or 1 in every three packs.

So guessing it will take 201 packs to get it to that level. Or 70350 dil.

Insane!! Im hoping they will offer a 10$ deal for some Reliant schematics, but If not Im sure Ill live. I dont think it buys you anything other than more hull in the space battles so it depends on how much extra you get as part of the event and how difficult they are. Neither of which are known yet, so until I know why/what I am buying im going to hold fire on the ship schematics.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ships have always been waaaaay overpriced. But tying them to an event and keeping this pricing is pretty ruthless on DBs behalf. When they were essentially cosmetic and had limited gameplay value (does the Arena even count as gameplay?) then it didn't matter, but now that they have turned them into an event, the pricing is more egregious. And giving 575 instead of 600 in thresholds is clearly an intentionally cynical move. All told, the whole presentation of this event has left me very cold.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    The ships have always been waaaaay overpriced. But tying them to an event and keeping this pricing is pretty ruthless on DBs behalf. When they were essentially cosmetic and had limited gameplay value (does the Arena even count as gameplay?) then it didn't matter, but now that they have turned them into an event, the pricing is more egregious. And giving 575 instead of 600 in thresholds is clearly an intentionally cynical move. All told, the whole presentation of this event has left me very cold.

And never forget: there's still event crew as well. DB has basically doubled-down on event pack sales with this event; now you need two types of event packs if you want to really compete.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »

The 575 is honestly borderline insulting, especially since there are no schematics in the ranked rewards. A 3/4 Roga Danar from threshold would still be usable...those Reliant schematics are not unless you buy packs.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I got a fully leveled Defiant...not gonna go for any ship packs...but definitely for Enemy Lines Sisko. Now if they were offering, oh i dont know...ENTERPRISE E schematics, how did @(FF) This Sisko1 put it for War Correspondent Jake Sisko? "back up the truck for all the money i will spend!!"