Home The Bridge

Young Khan as Threshold?

Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
I was really enjoying the streak we had of new crew being threshold rewards, and existing characters being ranked rewards. With Khan as the Threshold, there is really no reason for me to want to play past 25000 VP.

Comments

• Seriously disappointed in DB about this, it makes no sense, Young Khan was an early release in the game and used in at least 2 previous events, most players will probably have him already FF/FE and those that don't will only receive a 3/4* assuming they finish threshold.
  • Agree with both of the above. Hope DB doesn't keep following this pattern
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sadly I have Young Khan FF as well, but I want to place high enough to immortalize that new 3* SECURITY Uniform Khan (fix it DB!) - not sure I'm interested in Roga Danar after seeing those stats.
  • Sadly I have Young Khan FF as well, but I want to place high enough to immortalize that new 3* SECURITY Uniform Khan (fix it DB!) - not sure I'm interested in Roga Danar after seeing those stats.

Have to agree, with him been ranked, seeing his stats, and the sad fact he is not classed as 'Augment' makes him utterly useless for use after this event, why work hard to rank well for someone you will only ever send to the freezer and never use. I will be working to reach Riots Bashir and then thats me out
  • It is what it is. Don’t play if you don’t like it.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • MuffanMuffan ✭✭
    I am in the unique position of having Young Khan FE but only one star. So, I am actually happy he is threshold. I am probably in the minority though.
  • [QH] Captain Ziggy[QH] Captain Ziggy ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    To be fair, I like that Roga is available 4/4 - I'm just nervous about how badly this event can go for me. If it was a Faction event I'd be happy so maybe this will work out the same.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭
    Muffan wrote: »
    I am in the unique position of having Young Khan FE but only one star. So, I am actually happy he is threshold. I am probably in the minority though.

not to mention other players who might not even have a single copy of him yet... i'm sure they'd be glad to have a 3/4* char that will continue to be useful for the entire mega event.

compare to last time: iirc, amanda grayson was the first threshold character and was totally useless for the rest of the megaevent.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    guest_7456 wrote: »
    Muffan wrote: »

not to mention other players who might not even have a single copy of him yet... i'm sure they'd be glad to have a 3/4* char that will continue to be useful for the entire mega event.

compare to last time: iirc, amanda grayson was the first threshold character and was totally useless for the rest of the megaevent.

Well since Roga is not actually an Augment, he will also be useless the rest of the megaevent.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skizzy wrote: »
    I am glad Khan is the threshold reward because I am always in favor of new crew being fully fusable just by playing the event, and the threshold reward is only available 3/4. I doubt that I'll place well enough to obtain a FF Roga Danar, but I like that it's possible.

I'm of the same mind. I like being able to get an FF toon without having to spend even more money or dil. Only God knows how screwed up this event will be and if I'll be able to reach FF New Guy, but at least the chance is there.

It also doesn't hurt that I have a 1/4 Khan that I just FE'd for the event, so I can probably finish him off and ice him after the month is over, maybe sooner.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I guess it realy comes out to top 1500 get a FF Roga Danar.
    Do not forget a new 3 star crew as well who is an augment.
    I suggested he should be called Commanding Khan. So you still want to get in top 5000. Though I guess you can cite him up from one copy so 10,000 would do.
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I have Khan fe/ff and I am really not to keen on the other guys.... still, I am excited to play a new type of event.... and Darth Bashir is pretty cool. So even if all I really get is some honor, I am still going to enjoy playing. Plus, it's fun to blow stuff up :P
  • A smaller downside of Khan being threshold is that none of Danar's items are in the thresholds either. I always enjoy not having to craft some of the more annoying pieces of gear.
  • Roonis wrote: »
    Can I join on the disagree with op train? New in threshold is awesome for galaxy, but in non community reward events I 100% prefer in ranked for the free 4/4. In addition, for folks who can't top 1500, it's still better since older characters are in portals and voyages, while danar wont see packs for like 6 months

I agree with you but there is 2 phases to this event. Maybe we will have community awards?

If DB wants max participation, they will mimic Galaxy community awards.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The optimist in me says that this is a good thing. (That's a first).

This event is a beta test of skirmishes. If this event goes tits up, and it is difficult for most players to finish threshold rewards, then there is no bug issue. Those aiming for rank rewards will still get them. Theee will be deep fried cronuts for everyone.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I am in the camp of "disappointed Khan is threshold", the one silver lining I see is that Danar is a jury rigger, so it is possible for 1500 players to add to the jury rigger collection without spending any Dilithium. Of course, a large chunk of those 1500 will buy event packs to get Sisko, so the silver lining is more silver-plated than pure.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    I can see the pros and cons of both arrangements, so I'm not too upset about this...

Just somewhat peeved that I finished building Khan's (Gold) Jacket shortly before the rewards table was announced. Lesson learnt...
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Once I get Bashir I’m out. I’ve had Khan FF for months.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with not having the new character is that he becomes useless for the event.

If you have the threshold character FFFE you don't get anything new to help you during the event unless you buy the packs. As Danar isn't even an augment he really isn't worth levelling over other characters as he won't help with the rest of the mega event.

Instead we have a character as the Threshold who has already been in two events (one of which was earlier this year).
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    I can see the pros and cons of both arrangements, so I'm not too upset about this...

Just somewhat peeved that I finished building Khan's (Gold) Jacket shortly before the rewards table was announced. Lesson learnt...

And here I was relieved that it was the only piece of equipment I had left to build. Sorry man!