Home The Bridge
Options

Thank You DB for changing the vault cost

Great to see a much-suggested and needed change to the vault. Thank you for removing the dilithium costs which I felt was unreasonable for crew we'd already earned.
Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met

Comments

• Options
    Really? I must have missed that in the update. Nice catch Ziggy.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Also thank you for allowing the replicator to use the shuttle boosts. It will free up some much needed inventory space for me and even allow me to burn all the green shuttle packs I would never open due to not wanting to further fill my inventory!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    Also thank you for allowing the replicator to use the shuttle boosts. It will free up some much needed inventory space for me and even allow me to burn all the green shuttle packs I would never open due to not wanting to further fill my inventory!

For real? That’s awesome! These are worthless12zyo747v7x8.png

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Banjo1012
    You got that right. I have not used them in ages.

I appreciate change to crew removal cost. But still seems steep.
    First cost 100 merits
    2nd. 150. Merits
    3rd 200 merits
    The rest 300 merits.

I do not have a whole lot of merits. (In my second account) But at least now I can get them using merits instead of Dil.
    But wait what if I am out if merits?
    Well that would be similar to the way it was.
    If I am out of merits previously, I would have had to already removed three crew if I wanted to get crew out for Dil. (Which I have never done)
  • Options
    I'm never away from the game that long...

;)
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I may ask, could you please enumerate the new vault costs? I've already got everything out and no reason to check.
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks DB this makes a difference, especially for the many players who are short on crew space and switch people out for events!
  • Options
    [QH] Captain Ziggy[QH] Captain Ziggy ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    57w644lnvspi.png

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Banjo1012
    You got that right. I have not used them in ages.

I appreciate change to crew removal cost. But still seems steep.
    First cost 100 merits
    2nd. 150. Merits
    3rd 200 merits
    The rest 300 merits.

I do not have a whole lot of merits. (In my second account) But at least now I can get them using merits instead of Dil.
    But wait what if I am out if merits?
    Well that would be similar to the way it was.
    If I am out of merits previously, I would have had to already removed three crew if I wanted to get crew out for Dil. (Which I have never done)

Merits are the one thing I do hoard since they are not purchaseable. Normally, when I hit 10,000 I do a merit pull but I got really anxious to hit 100,000 honor so I spent my merits til I had 3,000 left and my credits til I had 200,000 left. When you are low on merits they are hard to come by

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Banjo1012
    I have been trying to hoard them.

Trying to figure how I spend them.
    I do on the average 6 shuttle runs on the day that accounts for 225.
    Pulling crew out I will just estimate that as 600 a week. Though that will change with some purchased crew slots.
    Since I have only two crew which I am slowly leveling not purchasing faction items.
    If I do a gauntlet that would account for some more though have no idea how much because you also get a lot at low streak levels.
    Faction events may be the single big expenditure. I might have to watch how many merits I use during one.
    Though events award merits. This may be why I am managing to break even for a week.

I guess crew pulling out is the big one. Right now I got slots to fill. So my merits will take a hit this week. Good thing we do not have a faction event first in this mega.
  • Options
    Just to concur with the posters above, I never purposefully avoid the gauntlet. Even if all I do is throw my characters into terribly uneven matches, there is still the occasional surpise win, and there are always rewards even if they are sometimes just trainers. I try to not have high expectations when it comes to gauntlet rewards (though I would very much like a Caretaker at some point).
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Data1001
    @JeanLucKirk
    I know what you are saying. But I cannot resist hitting that reset.
    I may have to try playing again all the time and forget about rank.
    And battle at my own convenience. May mean 6 to 8 hours between rounds.
    But I have to ignore it and stay away from 4 hours. The timing is a problem for me too.
    I guess every second shuttle send out is when I should battle.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, WaldoMag, I miss a lot of Gauntlet rounds myself. In fact, I often only get one last round done the day it ends. Mostly I just try to at least get 3-streaks whenever I can, and recently I've done merit refreshes a few times when I've had a bit of a longer streak going, just to see if it'll drop anything useful for me (like the Caretaker :p ), but I still have rounds where I either get unbeatable opponent matchups, or get super unlucky, and in those cases I take my lumps and know that at the very least, I'm slowly working my way toward that next Achievement.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Data1001
    Thanks

Also thanks @Banjo1012 , @JeanLucKirk , and @Skizzy

And everbody else😉
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Merits are the one thing I do hoard since they are not purchaseable. Normally, when I hit 10,000 I do a merit pull but I got really anxious to hit 100,000 honor so I spent my merits til I had 3,000 left and my credits til I had 200,000 left. When you are low on merits they are hard to come by

And this is why I shake my head at those players who comment along the lines of "I never play the Gauntlet anymore cuz it's unfair!" Even when you lose more than half of your matches, you're still building up a lot of merits. If you're only relying on the dailies to accrue merits, you're sorely missing out on a useful resource (with very little effort).

This is 100% true. And again, merits can’t be purchased. Only obtained

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Honestly, WaldoMag, I miss a lot of Gauntlet rounds myself. In fact, I often only get one last round done the day it ends. Mostly I just try to at least get 3-streaks whenever I can, and recently I've done merit refreshes a few times when I've had a bit of a longer streak going, just to see if it'll drop anything useful for me (like the Caretaker :p ), but I still have rounds where I either get unbeatable opponent matchups, or get super unlucky, and in those cases I take my lumps and know that at the very least, I'm slowly working my way toward that next Achievement.

I know right! Sometimes you can’t resist just hoping for a Caretaker

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I failed to realize. As long as I pull three crew I do not have to worry about pulling anymore out of cryo. The cost for 4 or more no matter what day will still only be 300 merits and no more.
    So with my current crew slots I have i can wait to skirmish to pull out more than 3.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    It went ahead and am doing a gauntlet.
    I have a two account fleet.
    I was going to come up short of the 110 honor (I will not spend dil just to get a little honor) away missions.
    Then I remembered gauntlet. I think i got three chroniton rewards in a roll.
    Here all I thought I needed was the caretaker. It got me 110 honor on both my accounts. Just made with about a half hour to go until today.
    😉 thanks all.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It went ahead and am doing a gauntlet.
    I have a two account fleet.
    I was going to come up short of the 110 honor (I will not spend dil just to get a little honor) away missions.
    Then I remembered gauntlet. I think i got three chroniton rewards in a roll.
    Here all I thought I needed was the caretaker. It got me 110 honor on both my accounts. Just made with about a half hour to go until today.
    😉 thanks all.

Good deal. Remember, you can also get single premium pulls from gauntlet as well. I just got 5 pulls as a reward today which netted me 500 honor in dismissals
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Since you mention your second account in case it is still fresh maybe try the long game approach there. When I started STT there was a limited amount of transmissions you could buy. Also realizing many other aspects need time one of the first things I did was to build up my transmissions in all factions to over 200.

Now since you can buy as many transmissions as you like that is even easier to achieve. And once you have done that with some patience you can nicely build up the merits because you have enough transmissions for many many months. And don´t need to buy any for the time being.

• Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    This is indeed good synergy with the crew slot increase... Thank you!