Home The Bridge
Options

Skirmishes - Ship bonuses rather pointless?

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
So, my hull bonus of a maxed out Defiant is 84000. Thats a whopping 23%; I dint last the first battle with it.
On the other hand, if I use a maxed out Klingon BOP I can pretty much insta-kill all but the more tricky targets.
I find myself not using young khan at all, since his ship skills are rather weak; Old Khan is much better in that respect.

Does anyone else have any more thoughts on them?
NB I get 850 points each round with 1250 points for doing 5 battles on epic.

Jim
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmishes. Rather pointless.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Defiant was patently worthless on an Epic skirmish. It did fine on Elite but I can get more VP with my Bounty on Epic...too bad the Reliant is impossible to get without taking out a second mortgage on my house.
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    So, my hull bonus of a maxed out Defiant is 84000. Thats a whopping 23%; I dint last the first battle with it.
    On the other hand, if I use a maxed out Klingon BOP I can pretty much insta-kill all but the more tricky targets.
    I find myself not using young khan at all, since his ship skills are rather weak; Old Khan is much better in that respect.

Does anyone else have any more thoughts on them?
    NB I get 850 points each round with 1250 points for doing 5 battles on epic.

Jim

You aren't getting the point of bonuses, the bonuses is in the VP at least for the officer part. You get more vp if you use crew with bonuses. Im assuming the ship works the same way.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    I keep him only for double bonus. Bounty (oh, well, your favorite lv10 ship I think) + FFFE T'Kuvma + GoodYellowBonusForT'KuvmaToHitEveryTime + Hull Restorer is perfectly enough to kill all Epic ships with Young Khan just being mostly useless.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    I keep him only for double bonus. Bounty (oh, well, your favorite lv10 ship I think) + FFFE T'Kuvma + GoodYellowBonusForT'KuvmaToHitEveryTime + Hull Restorer is perfectly enough to kill all Epic ships with Young Khan just being mostly useless.

I’ve come to not hate the combination of Mirror Bashir, Hippocrates Noah, Young Khan, and RAF Bashir on my Bounty. They don’t tear through other ships like my normal Bounty crew but it seems to be working okay thus far.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the crew bonuses stack, or is only 1 bonus crew required to maximize the rewards? I thought @Shran had mentioned that they wouldn't stack...
  • Options
    [NDQ] Joker41NAM[NDQ] Joker41NAM ✭✭✭✭
    Defiant is a 4* ship, so it's for use in the Elite level. If you want a bonus ship on Epic, you need 5*--Reliant. Simple as that. Just like you don't want to try the Miranda on the Elite level, same issue.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Young Khan is completely useless. He just idles on an engineering node that looks like he gets his ship stat bonuses but in Arena wouldn't get anything, never gets clicked, and only exists to give x2 VP.

My other 3 crew are static, and the only hull damage I took was from the two boarding ships.

This is like expeditions with more grinding and less thinking.
  • Options
    iks t'ong + any crew on elite = win, just load up on whoever has a flashing bonus on them

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • Options
    RNGeverythingRNGeverything ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Is there a known max on Intel or will it continue to accumulate to infinity. Reset at midnight ?
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    This is like expeditions with more grinding and less thinking.
    And much, MUCH less clicking. Also Expedition thinking is first two runs, then it's repetition.

And here there is less chance of mistake with crew choice because of tiredness too!
  • Options
    al103 wrote: »
    yeah I did the same but rarely used him. I have Bashir now so it's all good

• Options
    I'm reading conflicting things about ship bonuses. Some say you get bonus VP while using a Miranda/Defiant/Reliant, others say no, it's only a boost to the total Hull.

If you have a 10/10 Legendary ship, is there any point to running Defiant on Elite tier?
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    yeah I did the same but rarely used him. I have Bashir now so it's all good
    On bounty he readies right after ship's red and ends right before T'Kuvma. Allows to kill faster in most situations. Darth Bashir is indeed better with his repair though.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The way the in-game messages read is matching a ship gets a hull bonus. Matching crew gets VP (which seems to cap based on who gives the highest bonus).

I've been running Bounty with T'kuvma, Enemy Lines Sisko (Event), Mirror Dax, and Alt Future Bashir (Event - Augment). Getting 1k/2k VP on Epic.

[edit]
    Matching all 4 crew resulted in no difference.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Alkind ZynAlkind Zyn ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    NivenFres wrote: »
    I've been running Bounty with T'kuvma, Enemy Lines Sisko (Event), Mirror Dax, and Alt Future Bashir (Event - Augment). Getting 1k/2k VP on Epic.

1k for the first 4 battles and 2k for the last one right? Total of 6k per run (without bonus rolls)?
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Alkind Zyn wrote: »

1k for the first 4 battles and 2k for the last one right? Total of 6k per run (without bonus rolls)?

Exactly
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Alkind Zyn wrote: »

Exactly
    Yep thats the same as I'm getting, is their any benefit to getting/using the reliant in terms of drops or VP?

The armour is hardly of benefit given my Bounty only takes marginal damage from the boarding ability of the ships, my shields are never penetrated. To get the Reliant to any usable level would likely just be a pointless task

Jim
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, no benefit from event ships besides a bonus to max hull.