Home The Bridge
Options

new client for iOS 5.1.0 - what's in it?

releasing a new client same day as event start seems to be asking for issues
We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not necessarily :)
    There is nothing player facing.
    The release notes have been posted: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5679/v5-1-is-live/p1?new=1
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    thanks @Shan
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    oops double post - please ignore
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Well,. What kinda bug fixes ?
    Just curious
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Or it could be read as, "...backend changes necessary for future [...] bug-fixes."

Maybe they're working on nailing down the shuttle AND problem? One can only hope...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Or it could be read as, "...backend changes necessary for future [...] bug-fixes."

Maybe they're working on nailing down the shuttle AND problem? One can only hope...

If they do fix it, will they tell us? I hope so.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Not necessarily :)
    There is nothing player facing.
    The release notes have been posted: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5679/v5-1-is-live/p1?new=1

Sorry, Shan, but that's what y'all said last time, and it wasn't true, so I have a lot of trouble believing you now.
  • Options
    The v4.0 bug where, when you equipped an item, you had to click the Understood button before being able to select other items. That was bugged as late as 4.0.2 (at least, on both my devices), but fixed when the 4.0.3 update came out.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The v4.0 bug where, when you equipped an item, you had to click the Understood button before being able to select other items. That was bugged as late as 4.0.2 (at least, on both my devices), but fixed when the 4.0.3 update came out.

You Understood Button went away? I still have it every time I equip stuff.....

{CLARIFICATION: It happens every time I have to build something, then Equip it.}
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    After building & equipping, I can click anywhere on the left side and it auto-goes away.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

The 4.0 client was NOT said to have no player facing changes, and in fact the bug you mention was included in the release notes. So that's a terrible example of "no player facing changes" being wrong.
  • Options
    Clarification: the bug occurred in 4.0 (listed in the notes), and was fixed in 4.0.3 (which we were told had no player-facing changes).
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The equipping UI bug was fixed in 4.0.2, but I can understand why it would have appeared to have been fixed in 4.0.3.

• 4.0.3 came out very soon after 4.0.2 did, so some players likely went straight from 4.0 to 4.0.3. So from their perspective, it *was* fixed in 4.0.3.
    • The equipping UI fix wasn't specifically called out in the 4.0.2 release notes, as there were a lot of UI fixes in 4.0.2 ("Various UI fixes for iPhone X and other devices.")

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4975/v4-0-2-client-release-notes

4.0.3 to this day continues to have no player-facing changes, though if you wanted to be technical, fine, there was a new icon and loading screen. But generally when "player-facing changes" are referred to, they specifically refer to gameplay/game UI changes/technical performance/etc.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting yet again Hosun. It shows that despite no longer being with DB you really cared/care about STT and, of course, overworked Shan!