Home The Bridge
Options

Elusive Treasures

Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
Okay, so all those who bought the pop-up deal declare their beholds.

My first ten was great. Nine of them had a character I needed :smile:

v2162syuuvwt.jpg

The next ten was godawful though. Seven beholds all FFed :neutral:

95480w14d7xb.jpg

Still 12-8 in my favour though, which is better than I expected.
Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.

Comments

• Options
    I'll live vicariously through your pull. I would have gotten 6 (including 2 dupes)... Of which only 2 would be main cast and possibly useful during events. "Disappointed" would be an understatement.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought it once. Out of 20 beholds, one was legendary. Not buying it a second time. I know it’s the risk I took but I don’t like that rate at all
  • Options
    Just short of £38 here after the exchange rate, if you go on Facebook.
  • Options
    I know better. I only have a handful of 4* that aren't immortalized and the chance for Legendary beholds out of these is too low.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭

That's about equivalent, and prices are the same on every platform in the US, anyway.
  • Options
    And don't forget - DB's definition of limited time crew = recent event bonus crew.

So if you've been lucky enough to get top 1500 for recent events, you will be facing tons of FF beholds.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm one of those people that watch videos of these being opened on YouTube.. and I can't remember ever seeing one where there wasn't at least one (usually 2 or more) legendaries..

I feel so bad for OP...

Bad DB, Bad !

You've lowered the 5* odds..
    Not since you posted the odds, shortly before..
    And for me this nearly confirms that suspicion.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh no, I bought this once in January, got NO legendaries, not buying again
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm one of those people that watch videos of these being opened on YouTube.

You've lowered the 5* odds..
    Not since you posted the odds, shortly before..
    And for me this nearly confirms that suspicion.

Well, you would have to see videos of everyone who ever opened Elusive treasures packs at YouTube, not only a small selection, for that to be a point.

When I tried them in the past the droprate was as "bad" as described here for me.

Premium Portal packs are something else. I see no change. And if even a change for the better. On average one legendary around every 6 10 packs.

Lately at least. But also no benchmark for any kind of conclusions ;)

Don´t forget the RNG part. Sometimes it smiles at you, sometimes kicks you in the butt...

• Options
    JMJM ✭✭
    More or less I feel lucky today. 3 new 1 star Legendaries for me (Insectoid, Romulan Picard and Shukar) a third star for Nyota Uhura and 5th star for Goddess Troi. 2 FF 5 star beholds though and all the purples went to honor.
  • Options

That's about equivalent, and prices are the same on every platform in the US, anyway.

We must be taxed in some way then, because it's a tenner more on Steam. I haven't seen the mobile price, but it's usually closer to the Steam price than FB one.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll upload mine to YouTube.

Spoiler Alert:
    3 of the 40 beholds I got were Legendary - 1 of which was useful. 37 of the remaining beholds were all 4* and all immortalized.

So - $100 US for 1 Legendary star.

Yay!
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a single Legendary Behold, yikes. No thanks. I'm just not interested in spending $50 on an offer if they aren't going to guarantee some Gold crew somehow.

It just shows that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. I looked at his pulls and it would’ve been 100% honor for me.

• Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll upload mine to YouTube.

Spoiler Alert:
    3 of the 40 beholds I got were Legendary - 1 of which was useful. 37 of the remaining beholds were all 4* and all immortalized.

So - $100 US for 1 Legendary star.

Yay!

Yay, looking forward to watching :)
  • Options
    Yep, Elusive Treasures is a "fool me once" situation. Never again. Not for $50. Good luck to those who do risk it though.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the best result I have ever received!

Wow, great pull. I'm still not buying it lol.
  • Options
    This is the best result I have ever received!

Wow, great pull. I'm still not buying it lol.

I have bought the $50 offer before but this time I didn’t. I just was like “what the heck” and spent the 6500 dilithium.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I bought the $50 dollar offer twice last time it swung around, as i recall only got 2 legendaries and they were both not too helpful, plus most of the 4 stars were useless. Only real 'treasure' was a star or Colonel Worf and that was because DB messed up by adding him to the loot table.
  • Options
    I had enough for dil for one pull...

qqejry4t9zv8.png

Glad I didn’t bother with the offer after that.
    Colored Tribbles Fleet recruiting now - lvl 30 and above are welcome!
  • Options
    RuggerRugger ✭✭
    DB, why are you calling this pack elusive treasures? The only thing you can get are avatars. Elusive treasures would be like IDICS and the like. Maybe elusive avatars would be an apt name
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't keep a note of exactly who I got, but it was a decent haul - a bunch of extra stars for various people (including Durango Troi), a couple of good golds I hadn't found before - Lorian, Dark Ages McCoy - and a few who I don't know if they're especially good at anything, but I'm glad to have them for the characters' sakes like Captain Nog and Commander Thelin and Satan's Robot, who I gather is a pretty decent engineer but mainly I like it because I giggle every time I see it. Five purples out the air lock in the end. And the bonus dilithium from VIP level was just enough to grab 5 more crew slots while the sale lasted, so I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always wanted to try this offer, but never had the cashflow for it. Not sure that I do now either, but the bigger impediment for me today is the depth of my crew - and the number of 4* full-house results I'm likely to get. So while it was tempting - pass.

@Kaitee, you didn't keep notes about who you got?!? You are a regular forum contributor, and you didn't screenshot every last behold? My jaw hit my keyboard when I read that. Frank and SilverRose are uploading YouTube videos of their pulls, and I guarantee they could both recite the results from their previous 8 or 10 (or is it 20?) elusive treasures packs. Speechless, I am! (Typing doesn't count as speech, does it?) BTW, which one of these darn emoji's is the sarcasm one, 'cause you know I'm just joking, right? Well, not about Frank and SilverRose - that part's accurate. ;)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always wanted to try this offer, but never had the cashflow for it. Not sure that I do now either, but the bigger impediment for me today is the depth of my crew - and the number of 4* full-house results I'm likely to get. So while it was tempting - pass.

@Kaitee, you didn't keep notes about who you got?!? You are a regular forum contributor, and you didn't screenshot every last behold? My jaw hit my keyboard when I read that. Frank and SilverRose are uploading YouTube videos of their pulls, and I guarantee they could both recite the results from their previous 8 or 10 (or is it 20?) elusive treasures packs. Speechless, I am! (Typing doesn't count as speech, does it?) BTW, which one of these darn emoji's is the sarcasm one, 'cause you know I'm just joking, right? Well, not about Frank and SilverRose - that part's accurate. ;)

I just recall the one legendary behold I got. I have no use for super rares. As soon as I see those four stars I hit whatever button then airlock them.

• Options
    i got 2 legendary beholds, i got a frank hollander and a vengeful l'rell
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ishmael Marx See the thing is, if I hit screenshot it grabs both screens, and the other one's full of work that I probably shouldn't be screenshotting and posting to the internet unless I wanna get fired for it (or for playing games in the first place), so y'know... ;)
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    $50! no thanks, not considering the drop rate of the golds is god awfull. A fleet mate bought and got no golds, and one SR crew he actually needed. $50 for 3800 honour!?

Kinda put me off. I have only bought this once, and learned my lesson.

Jim
    DB: Do Better