Home The Bridge

Question for new players and VIP0

2»

Comments

• Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    @(10F) Seven of One — Keep in mind that for ship battles, crew level doesn't matter too much. Number of fusions are more important. So look through your lower level FF crew and check if there isn't something there that will help you... If you have Klingon Dukat (a 3-star), or another burst damage crew, try him with Killy. But you have to fire KDukat while your Bounty's cloak is active.

Also, activation sequence is important. You want +Att and +Acc, and only fire your burst damage after. So ideally, you would activate those before cloaking.

So I would suggest: Young Khan, then Ardra, then Cloak, then Klingon Dukat, then Killy. They are all on 6s init, so perhaps you can burst down the enemy before they get through your shields, which will save your hull.

This is awesome, thank you

I have to actually go check but off the top of my head I'm sure I have all of those crew. Dukat is FF, Ardra and Khan are 3/4 and Killy is 2/5

I'm off to try right now! I always wait until my cloak is finished before I use a crew so maybe that's where I'm going wrong. Fingers crossed B)
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    A certain number of crew have a special condition for activating their ability (tiny icon in the corner of the ability). There's a small section on these Triggers here.

Often not worth the hassle, but in the case of Klingon Dukat, he is an easy-to-get crew with a burst damage rate (400%) that is equal to that of the strongest legendaries.

Let us know how it turns out!
    j8ol9ouvum4u.png

@Elynduil <3 Thank you so much, the first two battle were a breeze, the 3rd I needed to repair my hull and on the 4th I wasn't sure I was going to make it. The 5th was fine, I'm so happy. Really I'd mark you as 10x awesome if I could ;)
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    No problem! It sounded like you had put in enough effort that you really should have a way (if there was any justice) to complete the Epic, so I just thought I'd see if I can help find that way. B)
    Yesterday I was ranking under 500, I've dropped to 900 overnight and I have to admit I wasn't sure I was going to be able to pull it back on elite. I feel a little more confident now. You have really made my day :)
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm struggling to keep my ranking too. Being at work on Monday will hinder my chances!
    Still gonna try though :D come oooon sub 300!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have much time when I wrote my first response on this thread, and I realize now that it sounds misleading- my VIP0 account is only a little over a month old.

It doesn't have maxed ships from Dabo, the best is a level 4 Prakesh, which died pretty quickly on Epic.

So- it really is an issue of being new, not of being vip0.

In VIP0 fleet chat, we're helping each other figure out the best crew combinations and timing, and lots of them have better options than my vip12, even.

Time invested and persistence are a way of life for vip0. They've got this. And if any of you out there are vip0 and looking for someone to help you figure things out, or just keep your spirits up when you wish you had warp10, we've got room for you.