Home The Bridge

Did Phase 2 of skirmishes get harder?

Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
Phase 1 I whipped through Epic without nary a scratch on the paint job of my Bounty. Any hull damage was basically due to boarding parties. But in phase 2 I’ve been shields down several times and a few lucky crits have actually caused some hull breaches. No losses yet but it seems to be more difficult in phase 2 or is it just my ship and crew configuration?

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. I suppose it depends on your crew/ship.
  • No, I use the same 5* 10/10 Enterprise with the same crew, Young Khan, Ardra, Duras Sisters & Mirror Phlox. I win the skirmishes in 8-10s with no issues. And no need to repair my hull.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    The Reliant got me!

first loss. Was slow on the draw and must have had 5 seconds of straight misses. shant happen again.

For me the 2nd phase is a little faster and easier in general.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • The ships have changed for me i.e the last ships is now the 5* reliant one instead of the Klingon sarcophagus so the abilities too might have changed as well.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ships have changed for me i.e the last ships is now the 5* reliant one instead of the Klingon sarcophagus so the abilities too might have changed as well.

Yeah, they changed for everyone the same way. I was just wondering if the new enemy ships are more deadly (the Reliant does have a immediate 400% damage power up) or if I had to change my ship and crew to better match these new ships. I think it’s probably both.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not difficult at all
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it got noticeably harder for my Bounty crew, particularly the Reliant. Switched to a Borg Cube setup and not having any serious problems now.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Still not difficult at all

It’s not difficult but I am taking hull damage which didn’t happen at all in phase 1. I suspect the enemy ships seem to have a more powerful attack after a long startup so if you played with insta-Kill ship and crew there might be no difference. If, like me, you cloaked and then hit them afterwards and they didn’t die immediately, they hit you back with that 400% immediate damage power up.
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Yes, it got noticeably harder for my Bounty crew, particularly the Reliant. Switched to a Borg Cube setup and not having any serious problems now.

Thanks. That’s what I suspected...
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Had my first defeat so far - but I've been going for the option of "never repair the hull always try and get bonus honor" so it was bound to happen. Reliant is a much better "big boss" at the end than the woeful Klingon ship from phase 1.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a bit harder, but I'm still optimizing my crew.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harder but not ridiculous, which is good.

An surprised that the only thing that changed was the enemy ships.. kinda expected vp per battle & number of ships to fight per skirmish to increase with the shift. (Like.. fighting 7 or 8 ships per at base 750 first 5, then 1000, 1200 and 1500 final)

Not disappointed though.
    Still very very happy with the event and hour the next one is very very similar.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    No noticeable change in difficulty for my Krayton "BOOM!" crew. The D'deridex goes down right after it drops its Clizzoak, and the Reliant is done for before it can activate its own "BOOM!"

(I made an effort to use the new canonical names for the ship abilities...)
  • JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    Had to optimize my crew. Was very hard first with the Bounty, but with the right crew actually faster than my phase 1 skirmishes...
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. But with my ships and crew, no.

The ship abilities are stronger now. But take longer to fire, so you generally won't notice if you kill them too fast.
  • RabbRabb ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I haven't seen a 300 chron reward since Phase 2 started, but that might just be RNG.

edit: nm, I see there's a separate chron post. Ships seem about the same for me.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sick of seeing that boxy outline around the drawing of the Reliant. Fix your art, DB!
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used the same setup in both. No real discernible difference that I have noticed.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m losing more hull than in Phase 1 but I don’t know how much of that is a difficulty increase versus me nodding off in the middle of battles.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phase 1 was a piece of cake but I almost lost against Reliant several times...
  • I am also losing more hull in Phase 2. regularly having to choose repair instead of rewards.
  • JayBeezyJayBeezy ✭✭✭
    Yes, but not disastrously so.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sick of seeing that boxy outline around the drawing of the Reliant. Fix your art, DB!

I fully expected to see it flying around out there, surrounded by some ghostly square...
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    It's a little harder than phase 1, but I'm still clearing Epic with at least 75% of my hull remaining. I just use Mirror Bashir, Dr Noah, Bond Bashir and RAF Bashir for all five battles.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's noticeably harder on my newbie account, but not on my vip12.
  • It seemed a bit harder, and I didn't change anything from phase to phase. Reliant was the only one to get me close to losing.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harder to stay awake you mean! I lost 3 battles to the Reliant when I fell asleep playing.