Home Ready Room
Options

Choosing Crew and Citations for this Week's Event

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I have an abundance of honor at the moment. I was saving for Kahless the Unaffordable so I didn't use any for other crew. This taught me that patience brings more copies of blue and purple crew, so I have only ever used honor to cite a few 3* crew for space. I have over 275K.

I am trying to decide if using some is worth it. At the same time, I'm trying to decide the best crew to share this week.

For completeness, I'll also share that I have a 2/5 Darth Bashir and both Young Khan and Mirror Jadzia Dax immortalized.

1/5 FE Augment Picard
2/5 FE Klingon Bride Jadzia

2/4 FE Blood Oath Jadzia
2/4 FE 1701 Jadzia Dax
2/4 lvl 99 (soon to be FE) Waitress Ezri
1/4 lvl 60 Augment Riker (his stats don't impress)
2/4 lvl 2 Roga Danar

I would appreciate your suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't cite them, to be honest.

Most of them are in the portal, meaning you'll get them eventually, or they're Roga Danar, who's maybe worth citing but I don't know about a double cite.

Klingon Bride Jadzia's good but not so fabulous that I would recommend it.

The best shared crew of what you have listed is likely going to be Bell Riots Bashir. Even if all of those on your list were FFFE, I think he'd still win.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best shared crew of what you have listed is likely going to be Bell Riots Bashir. Even if all of those on your list were FFFE, I think he'd still win.

Point of interest: if you want two Bell Riots Bashirs, you could FF one now and then a second by the end of the month. I wouldn’t do it but I've got MED/DIP (and DIP/MED) crew coming out of my ears...your mileage may vary.

Nobody else stands out from that list as needing a citation unless you’re really strapped for bonus crew or really want to hit the next immortalization achievement. Depending on what other unfused legendaries you have, one or two stars on Kahless may end up being the better call anyway.
  • Options
    I don't have Kahless yet. I have ten 1 star legendaries less than level 10. I just haven't had the focus for any of them yet.

Also none of them will help my squadron this event.

zmz4ypb3fstm.jpg
    gfq6x4b9ce4x.jpg
    9mt1ikyww2u3.jpg
    i98lzwcukttw.jpg
    9icfsso8yuw1.jpg
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    2 options if i were in your position:
    Roga Danar as he won't be in the portal for ages he has decent Voyage score but his skills are a bit too even making his ENG support a bit on the meh side. But it is probably not the right time to focus levelling him up, but if you need to clear space might be worth doing.
    Take Augment Picard up to 3* that way it won't be such a waste if another copy should drop or he in a miraculous twist of fate becomes a winnable gold in this mega event. He has good base stats so his 2* bonus will be of probably good use to you in this event.
    or similar idea just cite any "not yet in portal" Legendary to 3* who has a good base stat and might be useful for voyages or shuttles (preferably both).

This way you make a dent in your honor, but leave enough should you have a greater need further down the line.

Edit: Duh, just seen Danar IS bonus crew for rest of event so yeah citing him to FF is probably cheapest and best option, although Augment Picards 3/5 stats FE are better but the expense in honor may not be as justifiable.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would hang fire, you might get lucky and get the new Dax from a event pack. As she wont be in regular packs until the portal gets updated sometime next decade that would be my vote
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have Kahless yet. I have ten 1 star legendaries less than level 10. I just haven't had the focus for any of them yet.

Also none of them will help my squadron this event.

zmz4ypb3fstm.jpg
    gfq6x4b9ce4x.jpg
    9mt1ikyww2u3.jpg
    i98lzwcukttw.jpg
    9icfsso8yuw1.jpg

Great crew. I wish I had Chancellor Gowron or The Keeper for my gauntlet lineup.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I personally use honor for buying begolds, since they're 10% cheaper than a citation, so with 500k honor you'll get an additional legendary. Right now I have more than enough free crew slots not to worry about an additional 1/5. I only use a citation for the recurring mega event character when I get him in the first event.

Great crew btw, I just got Mirror Intendant Kira from a begold in the 10x10x10 offer this Monday, and now I want Detective Data and Benny Russell the most (in that order).
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options
    I didn't realize how useful Benny would be until I leveled him.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realize how useful Benny would be until I leveled him.

bit of a newb question but does Benny typically qualify as a Sisko for bonus crew or is it a grey area?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    He did for me last event. I didn't have him before.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that crew you should be able to be competitive in Faction events ... easily. (I read a comment by you on one of the other treads) ... I have less crew and less 5*s (though I do have them all levelled to 100) and have ranked top 1000 twice ... and no I do not set my weekend around an event (I just can't with two young kids and usually end up missing a day and sometimes more).

You have a lot better event crew than me this weekend, so you should be able to make top 1000 if you sent out shuttles approx. every three hours during the day and then 9-hour ones at night (that's how I made it).

Anyway, I'd hold on to your Honor.
    I personally use mine to:
    - Cite a Threshold reward crew in Faction events when they are new crew not yet in the portal (unfortunately not this week, as I already have Arik 1/4).
    - Cite a mega event 5*.
    - Buy crew like EMH Mk1 or Stargazer Picard (haven't dished out for a 5* yet).
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally use honor for buying begolds, since they're 10% cheaper than a citation, so with 500k honor you'll get an additional legendary. Right now I have more than enough free crew slots not to worry about an additional 1/5. I only use a citation for the recurring mega event character when I get him in the first event.

Great crew btw, I just got Mirror Intendant Kira from a begold in the 10x10x10 offer this Monday, and now I want Detective Data and Benny Russell the most (in that order).

Think about it this way: would you rather have 10 random legendaries or 9 stars on exactly the ones you want?

Remember...there are a looooot of bad 5*s out there.
  • Options
    As a collector, I want more cards :) so I'd rather have 10 random legendaries, even if they're bad. They'll just end up in the freezer...... eventually.

To each his own, I guess.
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    With that crew you should be able to be competitive in Faction events ... easily. (I read a comment by you on one of the other treads) ... I have less crew and less 5*s (though I do have them all levelled to 100) and have ranked top 1000 twice ... and no I do not set my weekend around an event (I just can't with two young kids and usually end up missing a day and sometimes more).

You have a lot better event crew than me this weekend, so you should be able to make top 1000 if you sent out shuttles approx. every three hours during the day and then 9-hour ones at night (that's how I made it).

- Cite a Threshold reward crew in Faction events when they are new crew not yet in the portal (unfortunately not this week, as I already have Arik 1/4).
    - Cite a mega event 5*.

Thank you for the sentiment. I did a personal best on faction this event, but got rank 1702. (Just missed getting rank 1701 which would be amazing...)

I succeeded in the vast majority of missions and sent out constantly, but could not get better. I plan to level more crew and save time reducers for next time.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

- Cite a mega event 5*.

Thank you for the sentiment. I did a personal best on faction this event, but got rank 1702. (Just missed getting rank 1701 which would be amazing...)

I succeeded in the vast majority of missions and sent out constantly, but could not get better. I plan to level more crew and save time reducers for next time.

Congrats and best of luck next Faction ... I missed about half the possible shuttles to send and made it to 3.362 ... I've really lost interest in this mega event due to how DB've set out the rewards so meh, did fine ... added a star to Bashir and got all the decent thresholds and that's all I cared about.

To be honest ... if the coming week is the same set-up (Seven as Threshold - after her just being the monthly 4*!) I'll really be out fast.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

- Cite a mega event 5*.

Congrats and best of luck next Faction ... I missed about half the possible shuttles to send and made it to 3.362 ... I've really lost interest in this mega event due to how DB've set out the rewards so meh, did fine ... added a star to Bashir and got all the decent thresholds and that's all I cared about.

To be honest ... if the coming week is the same set-up (Seven as Threshold - after her just being the monthly 4*!) I'll really be out fast.

Agreed 100%. I’m helping people move anyway, so a nice quick jump to 25,000 VP for Bashir and then nothing else all weekend would make things quite easy on me.