Home The Bridge

Mixed Up Offers?

Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed that Arik is the threshold and Malik is the rank rewards. The normal structure of offers has been 2 copies of threshold for $25 or 1 copy of rank for $10. It then flips halfway through the event.

This time they are doing the opposite so you can buy a single copy of Arik up front instead of having to buy a pack to FF him.

I hope they continue this in the future and it’s not just a mix up

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t be the first time they offered it one way now and then flip the $10 & $25 offers part way through the event. Options are always nice.
  • I like it better when the new crew is on the thresh hold. This forces you to play against other players, many of whom abuse the spirit of the game with their player "tactics". (Notice how I avoided the word cheating..... except here).
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t be the first time they offered it one way now and then flip the $10 & $25 offers part way through the event. Options are always nice.

I think she meant that it is starting out the opposite of the usual.
  • It's an interesting choice putting Soong, who I think we've all had from a previous event, as the threshold with ~meh-stat~ Malik as the ranked reward.

I, for one, will just be happy to get an extra star on Bashir for this one
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They flipped the new vs old character. Likely experimenting with different structures to see what generates the most sales.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need two Arik's so its a nice short event for me. Not going to push for Malik.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »

I think she meant that it is starting out the opposite of the usual.

Maybe? Although they did it this way before as it's how I got the 4th star I needed for Mutant Paris before that event started. Haven't paid much attention to all the weeks though, but they often switch various things around to get numbers on if one way or the other sells better.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    They flipped the new vs old character. Likely experimenting with different structures to see what generates the most sales.

If this is true DB then you've missed a sale from me. I normally buy the cheapest pack on faction week and sometimes another extra event pack from the time portal with dilithium. i'm not this week as I have Soong at 2*, I don't know if I'll manage to clear thresholds never mind rank high enough for Mailk so I'll take Soong and Bashir and be content with my lot.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I really like this format Having the old character threshhold means that he can already drop from premium pulls, Voyages, or gotten some copies in a previous event, far easier to FF. You don't have the 6 to 9 month wait for the new character to have a chance to FF.
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    It's an interesting choice putting Soong, who I think we've all had from a previous event, as the threshold with ~meh-stat~ Malik as the ranked reward.

I, for one, will just be happy to get an extra star on Bashir for this one

It's a good choice as there are few augments in the game that aren't golds needed to max the eugenics collection. Ftp can ff.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that Arik is the threshold and Malik is the rank rewards. The normal structure of offers has been 2 copies of threshold for $25 or 1 copy of rank for $10. It then flips halfway through the event.

This time they are doing the opposite so you can buy a single copy of Arik up front instead of having to buy a pack to FF him.

I hope they continue this in the future and it’s not just a mix up
    I for one would have preferred to have Malik as threshold, I like leveling a character during the event. Still, this means assuming I can finish top 1000 I can FF him without the need to buy a pack. I have Soong already from another event, so will be kicking him out of the airlock.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    NM didn't read the body of the thread
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO