Home The Bridge

@SHAN can we get confirmation about the AND shuttles

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
@Shan I know you said you would communicate something when you have something to share, but I know enough about software development to know that there is virtually no way on earth that a quality team would implement a major change to a section of code without resolving/investigating critical bugs and errors related to that code.

Can we please have some transparency: Has the bug on AND shuttles been investigated? Was the bug confirmed? At a minimum was this tested on the new update to confirm performance? Can you promise that if we run 2nd skill AND shuttles in the mission and get statistically improbable results that we will be compensated?

With an event starting in a few minutes and the fact that initial testing suggests that there has been a stealth fix, the lack of transparency here is very upsetting.

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the title.....no
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll find out in 20 minutes is the correct answer.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love an answer but doubt we will get one. Will post a pic of me eating a hat if so. It would be admitting to a bug that has cost players money and resources for atleast 18 months.
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    In fairness, if everyone was going to ask for compensation for using dil/ shuttle boosts etc in faction events, it would spell the end of the game.

I for one usually focus on faction for high rankings and use a lot of time boosts, and I mean LOTS!! Am I gonna ask for compensation about that? No. It was the same for everyone, and far from ideal.... but, if you wanna keep playing the game... perhaps lay off the “How much compensation am I entitled to?” questions and move on.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14] Bri wrote: »
    In fairness, if everyone was going to ask for compensation for using dil/ shuttle boosts etc in faction events, it would spell the end of the game.

I for one usually focus on faction for high rankings and use a lot of time boosts, and I mean LOTS!! Am I gonna ask for compensation about that? No. It was the same for everyone, and far from ideal.... but, if you wanna keep playing the game... perhaps lay off the “How much compensation am I entitled to?” questions and move on.

Eh, they'd give the standard "this impacted everyone equally" statement, give out some mediocre reward and people would move on after a week of initial rage.

They've let us stew on this bug for long enough that will mitigate some of the rage/passion that would have bubbled up.

In fact, I think they'd get a much worse response if they were to just stealth swap something and pretended like nothing changed. Because Shan acknowledged it already in the forums, I think they have to publicly own this in at least some amount.
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭

Eh, they'd give the standard "this impacted everyone equally" statement, give out some mediocre reward and people would move on after a week of initial rage.

They've let us stew on this bug for long enough that will mitigate some of the rage/passion that would have bubbled up.

In fact, I think they'd get a much worse response if they were to just stealth swap something and pretended like nothing changed. Because Shan acknowledged it already in the forums, I think they have to publicly own this in at least some amount.

I think if they mention it in the shark infested waters of this forum, there’ll be pandemonium; CS tickets mounting up ala Mirror Picard gate (which I feel was much more justified given the outright idiocy of that decision)...

I’d be a lot more patient and understanding this time given that we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes at DB and they do seem to be trying to improve the game, having introduced some great features lately.

But of course, that’s just my opinion. These forums tend to have a “pitch forks at the ready” jingoistic quality, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of entitled people staking claims and making threats.
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Jim Raynor wrote: »
    Like Peachtree Rex said, a general "we are sorry message" with 1-2 5* citations as compensation (since it was a really huge misstake) and move on. But this "we don't talk at all" makes it worse imho.

Agreed, something along those lines would be adequate.... I guess we will just have to wait and see
    edited June 2018

I think if they mention it in the shark infested waters of this forum, there’ll be pandemonium; CS tickets mounting up ala Mirror Picard gate (which I feel was much more justified given the outright idiocy of that decision)...

I’d be a lot more patient and understanding this time given that we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes at DB and they do seem to be trying to improve the game, having introduced some great features lately.

But of course, that’s just my opinion. These forums tend to have a “pitch forks at the ready” jingoistic quality, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of entitled people staking claims and making threats.

I agree that the forum is a pitchfork and free water place but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone yet “demanding” compensation as sometimes happens. I could be wrong though since there is so much discussion revolving around this I could have missed it.
    One thing I have noticed is sometimes choosing crew to compensate for that bug also decreases success chance. Before when there was a COM AND DIP mission I would just fill it with someone that had both. Now I may have to scroll down to the 4th or 5th choice to ensure I have someone with greater COM then DIP and that also lowers my percentage. I still do it though as I feel this is still a better option than ignoring the work around

• [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think most of us just want the nightmare to be over... and be able to play this event without any further question marks hanging over the issue, and needing to experiment.

Just give us some clarity.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe those 10 faction item reward pulls were the intended compensation.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Maybe those 10 faction item reward pulls were the intended compensation.

The accompanying wording about “greater than zero” makes me suspect a cover-up & legal CYA by DB.

I want to be wrong.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anecdotal, but 3/4 failures at 85+%. 2/4 before that. Seems even worse than before.
    Have got 8/8 at 4k ignoring slot ordering. 3 shuttles are ~90% other one is 70%.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for @Shan. She has to read all of this, it is likely not allowed to respond in any way.

DB thinking the best approach to a PR problem is to avoid commenting is a fundamental problem with DB's corporate culture.
    Have got 8/8 at 4k ignoring slot ordering. 3 shuttles are ~90% other one is 70%.

Luckier than me. 2/4 failed at 3500 with the same success rates, causing quite the setback... not reading too much into it, though.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't fix it. That's why they changed failure to look like success. So when you're clicking through quickly you'll see the success colors instead and not make the connection.
    Political correctness. Hearing those drums just caused hurt feelings.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I play with the volume off. Never knew there were drums.

Good thing, too... might have hurt my feeling.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I play with the volume off. Never knew there were drums.

Good thing, too... might have hurt my feeling.

Yes it is a deep bass drum. Sounded very dead man walking the green mile-ish

• ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I'm good without the cruddy feels fail drums, but maybe another sound other than the victory bahhh, bah bah BAAAAH would help for distinction.

The change itself to smaller items for lessons learned from failures I like.
    I'm good without the cruddy feels fail drums, but maybe another sound other than the victory bahhh, bah bah BAAAAH would help for distinction.

The change itself to smaller items for lessons learned from failures I like.

You really do gotta take a good look to tell if you pass or fail now.

• Based on this last event the And shuttles still require the main trait to be the highest.
    Based on this last event the And shuttles still require the main trait to be the highest.

Do you have any data to back that up? I don't have any data myself, but that doesn't match my anecdotal experience.
    edited June 2018
    I used the same missions throughout the whole event:
    • 4 shuttles, with
    • 13 seats, of which
    • 3 seats were skill-reversed:
      • 1 of them large bonus crew on a four-seater mission, and
      • 2 of them small bonus crew on the same three-seater mission.
    • claimed success rates of 80 to 90%
    • actual success rates over 90%

To add, those failures I did have, were spread all over, and not concentrated on the two missions of the four with swapped seats, as you would have expected. The one three-seater mission was particular vulnerable, and would have been less than 60% success chance, if the bug was still in effect.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    I used the same missions throughout the whole event:
    • 4 shuttles, with
    • 13 seats, of which
    • 3 seats were skill-reversed:
      • 1 of them large bonus crew on a four-seater mission, and
      • 2 of them small bonus crew on the same three-seater mission.
    • claimed success rates of 80 to 90%
    • actual success rates over 90%

To add, those failures I did have, were spread all over, and not concentrated on the two missions of the four with swapped seats, as you would have expected. The one three-seater mission was particular vulnerable, and would have been less than 60% success chance, if the bug was still in effect.

I didn't have a large enough discrepancy between calculating the shuttles the two different ways to see a difference, but I am going to run some more of those federation 1 seaters this week to see if my results from before the event hold.

Sure am glad that I have to waste a bunch of merits because DB refuses to be honest with its customers.