Home The Bridge

Max Your Crew

Five 4* Citations + 500 dil for $25 is very tempting. I used the last citation we got from DB on The Clown & was thinking I'd like to FF him and possibly one other "voyage exclusive" crew. With the recent pack featuring Colonel Worf, I was able to FF the copy I recently received from a voyage, so it's just making me wonder how quickly the rest of these crew are going to end up in packs or general availability (not that I'm expecting DB to tell us anything, but I can't help but wonder).

Comments

• It is interesting, but just further skews the value of Honor in my opinion.

Those 5 citations are worth 90,000 honor. 90,000 honor is like $300-500 worth of airlocked packs if you are unlucky. Or several months of freebie daily/voyage honor.

I know they want to make money by trying something new and different, but this kind of cheapening of our airlocked purchases just makes me upset about how little they value the actual money we invest.

This is an excellent point. I haven't cited any 4* before because the cost is generally just too great.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I've never cited a 4*, and would only do so with free citations. Once you get deep enough into the game, SRs have only collection value.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use citations on 4*'s all the time. You could argue that its only a temporary solution and I'm hurting my long term game. You might be right but typically I'm using them on crew that might not enter the packs for an extended period of time. If we exclude the 3 citations I used on Thot Gor, the amount of honour I used up might've only gotten me 4-5 Legendary citations. Helpful but probably not game-breaking. Some of those 4* citations were used on current event crew to gain better event placement.

I think the question is 5x 4* Citations better than 20x10 Premium Packs. The latter will likely give you 2-3 Legendary crew and a chance at 4* crew you could use. The former gives you a reliable upgrade.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Generally the new 4* crew are in the event and probably 95% of the time I get them fully fused. Yes there are the occasions that I don't get them but it is hard for me to justify spending $25.00 on 5 super rare citations. If it was legendary I would be all for it but that would probably never happen. I get that DB values citations above packs (which it should) but there costing strategy confuses me sometimes.
  • edited June 2018
    I'm at the point in my game of getting only FF 4* in beholds way more often that not, so they are almost always just honor anyway. I decided to go with it and give two citations to The Clown. I have a pretty solid SEC crew, but he's almost certainly going to see some use. I also really just wanted to see him FF.

Gonna save the other three for another day.
  • It's funny, it's sort of a perverse value for me. I have every single super rare that's in the portal fully fused except for Captain Kurn, but I'd still rather buy packs for chances at legendaries.
    These citations would just be used to fuse crew that would immediately go in the freezer so I'm essentially spending $25 to free up at best 5 slots. I might as well just buy slots directly.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not hurting for crew space so this offer is an easy pass for me.

These mass offers irritate me. They know that tons of people want the 10x10, but they would rather offer us things like boosts and citations.

Seriously DB, I have 25 free crew spaces...
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    It's only tempting if they were legendary citations. So I think I'll pass.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • I normally would have passed on this offer, but 1701 Dax and Mirror Dax each needed a total of 5 stars and since I have them both on the same shuttle for this event and it was my weakest I bit.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I have to check my finances.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also solves the Danar problem.
  • Hard pass for me...but if the offer was for say 2 or even 1 legendary citation id totally jump for that!!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was tempted, if not only to avoid buying an event pack for the next 5 faction events. Makes it 5$ an event then; though I do like opening a pack with my saved daily dil. In the end the timer ran out before I could open the wallet.
    DB: Do Better
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it had been 6 citations I might have been tempted as I have the clown and Lucien who I could complete. Plus bar my 1/4 Mirror Dax my security base score isn't great.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I got it. Used the first one on Cmdr Nevesa who's been sitting on level 100 FE needing her last star for a while. The others went on recent(ish) event crew that I didn't quite manage to FF at the time and aren't in the portal yet. Mutant Paris, Amanda Grayson, Torch Voq etc. Now I can get on with levelling them :)
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the opposite end. This was completely unappealing to me. 4* Citations are just something I totally do not need. I have so many 4 * purples just sitting at level 1-20
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the greedy flip side to the single-drop voyage crew "problem".
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although the price was high, I was able to immortalize five crew instantly (Bajoran Dukat, Commander Tomalak, Princess Jadzia, Vic Fontaine, and Captain Klaa), while hitting the final milestone on two separate collections (Romulan and Cardassian) and having a top performer for this weekend’s event. Ultimately worth it.