Home Make It So!

Persistence of paid-for commodities at daily reset

I didn't put this in "Make It So!" because I consider it to be an issue, not merely a suggestion.

Commodities that are bought with the premium currency, dilithium, should not expire at the daily reset. One example of this that I've just experienced, is Cadet Challenge tickets. Perhaps there are other examples too, that players can name.

To pre-empt any comments of "just make sure to use them up before reset" or "they don't cost that much anyway": it's the principle of the matter I consider important, not the value of the commodity. What if shuttle boosts expired when a Faction event ended?

Comments

• Elynduil wrote: »
    I didn't put this in "Make It So!" because I consider it to be an issue, not merely a suggestion.

Commodities that are bought with the premium currency, dilithium, should not expire at the daily reset. One example of this that I've just experienced, is Cadet Challenge tickets. Perhaps there are other examples too, that players can name.

To pre-empt any comments of "just make sure to use them up before reset" or "they don't cost that much anyway": it's the principle of the matter I consider important, not the value of the commodity. What if shuttle boosts expired when a Faction event ended?

Cadet tickets are like chrons that only regenerate at daily reset.

If you are above the cap when the day ends, you keep all of those.

If you are at or below the cap, it refreshes to 6/6. It stops people from endlessly collecting cadet tickets, and thus has a purpose. -shrug-
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    To put it another way, your purchased tickets don't expire, but you forfeit the free tickets.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ummmm... yes, I see how you could see it that way. Or rather, reason the problem away in that way. (You would think they would value the relatively rare purchase of cadet tickets more than to find a technicality on which to deny customers half their purchase.)

Still seems a tad unnecessary, imho, but I'll drop it, then...

Except to mention that this is yet another reason why there should not be an unnecessary and illogical cooldown timer for doing cadet missions. Then the daily reset would cause less disruption.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Ummmm... yes, I see how you could see it that way. Or rather, reason the problem away in that way. (You would think they would value the relatively rare purchase of cadet tickets more than to find a technicality on which to deny customers half their purchase.)

Still seems a tad unnecessary, imho, but I'll drop it, then...

Except to mention that this is yet another reason why there should not be an unnecessary and illogical cooldown timer for doing cadet missions. Then the daily reset would cause less disruption.

I don't think cadet ticket purchases are as rare as you think they are. I spend 300 dil on that every week. I know several people who spend a lot more.

There are ways to circumvent it a little, but not completely.

Besides, what other way would you suggest they deal with purchased tickets in order to separate them from the free ones?
    There are probably some players who buy a decent amount of them on a fairly regular basis. But I suspect that the number of those players are a small fraction of the player base (kinda like the number of players who regularly interact on the forums).

They could just have separate counters for free tickets and paid-for tickets in the code. You get 6 free tickets every day, but you can never have more than 6 of those. Paid-for tickets remain until used. Don't even need to display them separately, just add the two counters together.

But as I said, not a huge issue that they need to prioritize a fix for it above all other things, rather just something that they could have gotten right from the start.

In the meantime, though, please remove that damn cooldown timer.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    There are probably some players who buy a decent amount of them on a fairly regular basis. But I suspect that the number of those players are a small fraction of the player base (kinda like the number of players who regularly interact on the forums).

They could just have separate counters for free tickets and paid-for tickets in the code. You get 6 free tickets every day, but you can never have more than 6 of those. Paid-for tickets remain until used. Don't even need to display them separately, just add the two counters together.

But as I said, not a huge issue that they need to prioritize a fix for it above all other things, rather just something that they could have gotten right from the start.

In the meantime, though, please remove that damn cooldown timer.

I know this is one of those "When I was your age I had to walk uphill in the snow both ways" comments... but thank god it isn't as long as it used to be.
  • Ok in reference to this and my post, the purchased cadet missions lets say 12 after 6 are used up are erased at the reset, and has been occurring since after the Squirmy Event. Customer service is making it right but may be late when you need them or miss out on a item if you need them. So my question to Disruptor Beam @Shan is..are they treating the daily Cadet missions like Arena daily missions now?
  • It's always been that way. Use em or lose em.

I agree it shouldn't be however
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • WizzdomeWizzdome ✭✭✭
    why dont they just separate bought tickets from free tickets then end the conflict?
    I am sure the programmers are capable enough of splitting bought commodities from free ones...
  • Hamsters2Hamsters2 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I hope everyone with a suggestion doesn't decide "their" wanted change request is so important enough it must go in the issue section. This isn't a bug and working as expected. Out of all CC suggestions, I'd put getting rid of the cooldown timer or allowing to warp them far above this request and much more useful to the general population. Neither of those requests belong in "Engineering room", but hey, I didn't start it, so might as well pile onto this thread! :#
    edited June 2018
    Disagree. It's not a request, and it is not working in the way a reasonable purchaser would expect it to. Letting devs get away with essentially deleting paid-for commodities and not saying a word, is a slippery slope, even if it's not one of the higher-priced commodities.

I can understand if it's not your priority... I would be surprised if many players put it anywhere near the top of their priority list, in fact... but the game behaving incorrectly does not become correct behaviour simply because "there are worse problems".

I would also submit that letting a thread like this quietly fade away, is the appropriate reaction if you don't agree, rather than arguing against its right to exist.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    If you go to bed with 18 tickets and wake up with 6, that's a problem that needs to be addressed.

If you go to bed with 18 and wake up with 18, that is not "essentially deleting paid-for commodities." It's not giving free commodities because you're over your limit.

Every day, you're given enough free tickets to take you to the maximum.

Agreed. It's a similar thing with chronitons — when you're over the limit, you don't accrue any additional chrons that normally would build up every few minutes... but you don't lose what you've already built up.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • b04ekcwgdcxv.png

Took me a while to locate where I read this, but I knew I wasn’t crazy...

FAQ expressly states that “ALL Captains” receive 6 cadet tickets per day. It doesn’t state any conditions.
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has been moved to the Make It So section.