Home The Bridge

What is and isn't available in the portal?

Hi, is there a list somewhere of which 4*'s are available in the portal and which ones are not there yet? I'm trying to determine how to spend a super-rare citation, and will probably spend it on a 4* that isn't freely available yet, (but I don't want to spend the citation, and then get upset at myself when it appears for free, either in a portal pull or as a voyage reward!)

Thanks in advance for the help!
Line

Comments

• sagimasagima ✭✭
    Ready Room > *Assistance for Players* - Spreadsheets, Help Sites, Lists

I think there are links in there
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys!

So, I got bored one day, and I was like "hey, I like being nice and helpful, usually, sometimes, maybe."

Also I was home from work with a migraine so I had the time. *shrug*

And so then I combed through the wiki, previous forum threads, and also possibly copy & pasted parts of Peachtree's spreadsheet when I got sick of typing. Thanks, Peachtree! My fingers thank you.

This was the result:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4844/the-long-awaited-guide-to-crew-in-portals

If you'll scroll down past the 1*s, 2*s, and 3*s, you'll find a section specifically for 4*s.

Regarding a complete list of crew *not* in portals, that gets more complicated. Crew are added at a rate of something like 3-6 per week. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, usually. I have an incomplete list of crew who aren't in portals, as a way to keep track of them, but I don't think I have the time nor energy in my day to day life to remember to add crew to that list every time a new one pops up. It would also change a lot more often, so it would be more suited for a Google spreadsheet than a forums post. And my source documents are sacred. ;)
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    3y2080ck45id.jpg
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    3y2080ck45id.jpg

Oh awesome!

Also, if someone cares about Commons, Uncommons, and Rares, you can add to that:

1* Stargazer Picard (Honor Hall)
    2* Off-Duty Tilly (Too recent)
    2* Science Officer T'Pol (Too recent)
    2* Emergency Medical Hologram Mk. 1 (Honor Hall)
    3* Starfleet Uniform Khan (Too recent)
  • [TLA]  84wb[TLA] 84wb ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    C.O.P. Founder Archer might already be in the portals. At least I got him from a voyage recently (May 29). No luck with Cadet Wesley yet.
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
    [TLA] 84wb wrote: »
    C.O.P. Founder Archer might already be in the portals. At least I got him from a voyage recently (May 29). No luck with Cadet Wesley yet.

It might not be 100% accurate so feedback is very useful! Thank you.
    3y2080ck45id.jpg

Oh awesome!

Also, if someone cares about Commons, Uncommons, and Rares, you can add to that:

1* Stargazer Picard (Honor Hall)
    2* Off-Duty Tilly (Too recent)
    2* Science Officer T'Pol (Too recent)
    2* Emergency Medical Hologram Mk. 1 (Honor Hall)
    3* Starfleet Uniform Khan (Too recent)

I suppose I should track them too thanks!
  • Belle Anna and everyone else... thank you!
  • [TLA]  84wb[TLA] 84wb ✭✭✭
    Yes, thanks for your work! :)
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    I hope the portal pool gets updated again soon with some of these recent additions!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanathar wrote: »
    I hope the portal pool gets updated again soon with some of these recent additions!

It was just updated recently, I wouldn't get your hopes up for something within the next quarter.
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    When do the new 2* & 3* get added to portal? Those seem separate from the 4&5 updates (added sooner)

How soon could one expect to see the new 3* khan in faction store? I'm assuming he would show up in augment?
    ~ seeking out new life
  • XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    It was just updated recently

Really?
    As far as I know it hasn't been updated since at least last October. Getting on for a year now in fact... Not what I would call recent...?

Edit: See here for announcement.
  • XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    So if the last update was March and the one before October, that's 5 months.
    But that reckoning, can we expect a new update sometime next month (August, 5 months after March)?
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they stop just expanding the portal pool and separate them into seasons or something. By expanding the pool they just make it ever harder to get the character we want.

They should take the opportunity to create perhaps 3+ packs, one for each year of the game, naming them season 1, season 2 etc. The older seasons would be slightly cheaper to reflect power creep.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    I hope they stop just expanding the portal pool and separate them into seasons or something. By expanding the pool they just make it ever harder to get the character we want.

They should take the opportunity to create perhaps 3+ packs, one for each year of the game, naming them season 1, season 2 etc. The older seasons would be slightly cheaper to reflect power creep.

+1

If they could automate the portal update system, they could have the regular premium portal pack be for all crew released 6-9 months ago, another pack for 9-12 months (at 600 dil), one at 12-15 months (550), and one for crew older than 15 months (500 dil).

Exceptions could be made for gauntlet specials (who are only in limited time offers or special packs after their run in the gauntlet), honor hall crew, and voyage-only crew. Maybe these could automatically drop into the pool after 18 months instead of 6 months? I haven’t written code more complex than cell references in Excel but it can’t be *that* hard, right?