Home Ready Room
Options

Pre Farming for Galaxy Events

Is there any list what items mostly appear on Galaxy Events and where to farm them?
not a list which at which event (i know that exists) but a list which items appear mostly all over and are quite often on a low inventory level and where exactly to find them?

Comments

• Options
    thanks Raven! this is exactly what i was looking for and thanks to ThaiGQ I´ll find everything else needed
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    What formula did you use for that, to match both the rarity and the item name? Been looking into doing the same, but I didn't immediately remember a formula to do this that isn't overly complex... I remember something about using SUMPRODUCT for something like this, but the specifics escape me.

Also, did you factor in the quantities of the items used in the recipe, or did you just count appearances?
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Here is another perspective, which may be helpful (or maybe not :) ).

I view my pre-farming as having 2 main parts. One is to keep a healthy stock of all Basic and Common "Component" items - that is, the 21 different types of items you see when you select this 'Filter' option in the Inventory screen (i.e., from Casings appearing at the top through to Microconnectors appearing at the bottom). What your target could/should be for these is influenced by how long you have been playing, and so what quantities you may have been able to already build up over time. For example, I doubt I will ever consume all of the Basic Alcohol I have (currently over 7,000) as this is an item that always seems to come into stock more readily than being consumed. On the other hand, Basic Sensors are something I need to conscientiously make an effort to replenish from time to time. I have gotten to the point in the game where I have at least 700 of all Basic Components, and at least 400 of all Common ones, but you might set your targets for now to something lower like 400 and 200 (or higher, if you're in better shape than me!). Note I am suggesting you not have exactly the same target for all items, and acquire more of the Basic ones, as their consumption rates in Galaxy Events are not the same. That is, the above list tells you how many times each item has appeared, but it does not say (I don't think, unless I am misreading it) that some of the recipes required using 2 (or even perhaps 3) of something at a time.

The second part of my pre-farming buildup is for the items that appear when you 'Filter' the Inventory screen to show "Equipment". With these I generally increase them together with stepped targets. For example, you go out and get 50 of each first, and then when you have done this, you bump them all up to 75, etc. With this approach, when a Galaxy Event comes, no matter which items DB has chosen to include in its recipes for that event, you will be able to get off to a good start, having a base amount of everything in inventory. Then when the event is over (or your participation is finished if for example you choose to stop at 130,000 Victory Points), the Equipment items that were not in the recipes are already at your current target level, and you just need to restock the ones that were consumed. By keeping a common target, it helps when you are looking through the Inventory screen to see which items are at, versus below, the target, and you can more readily identify which ones you need to restock.
    Note I do make a few exceptions in my targeting for the Galaxy Equipment items, as from experience I have learned their usage tends to be higher. An example of this is the Detronal Scanner, which is usually used 2 at a time when it appears in a recipe. Therefore for example, if my target was 50 for most other items, I would work to have 100 of these in stock. That is, ideally you have your inventory balanced so that you can go through lots of recipes at the start of a Galaxy Event, without running out of anything.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best and easiest ways to be prepared is to have 100+ of all 0 and 1* components in stock. There will always be roadblock items in a galaxy event (stembolts, flux couplers, novels, etc) but your production will go waaay down if you have to use your chrons in event on the common stuff.

The other items rotate more, so they are a bigger risk of waste.
  • Options
    Elynduil wrote: »
    What formula did you use for that, to match both the rarity and the item name? Been looking into doing the same, but I didn't immediately remember a formula to do this that isn't overly complex... I remember something about using SUMPRODUCT for something like this, but the specifics escape me.

Also, did you factor in the quantities of the items used in the recipe, or did you just count appearances?

i only counted "number of appearances, didn't weight them for how many were used per recipie perhaps next time i take a run at it...

now i have to remember how i did the matching...
    i compiled all the data from all the recipes from each event into a big sheet...
    then did a count of matching rarity and item name... =COUNTIFS(range1,critera1,range2,critera2)
    so =countifs(A1:a400,"common",B1:B400,"Sensor")

there were some more steps to it... first getting a unique list of items, etc. then the "common" or "sensor" replaced by variables.. etc..

yea.. Excel Geek i am during a slow day at work.
  • Options
    They other key thing is to do once the event starts... is to identify 2 Recipies that you DO NOT want to do due to material availability, etc, ... trap those in 2 of the 3 slots... then just buy and and use the other 5 or so recipies, rotating thru the one slot. for me usually its the one taking those 1*self sealing stem bolts, or hyperspanners...
  • Options
    a few events ago.. I crunched a list using excel... here is the "top 50 items and how many times they have appeared "in recipes"

note things like "Common Database" have been in multiple recipes per event.. thus 85 times... even though i don't think we have had 85 Galaxy events...

I used the great sheet compiled by ThaiGQ .. he updates it usually soon after events start.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/232/galaxy-events-mission-costs-spreadsheet#latest

its GREAT in that it has links to missions.. and costs...

alalqkfj3rjs.png

Nice work, but this is actually 49 items :)
  • Options
    [ISA] Raven[ISA] Raven ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    right.. went thru line 50 on my spreadsheet... so the header took up a row...
    the 50th item

fstsry8llan3.png

:D

• Options
    Below is my galaxy farming list, current as of 6/14/18 just prior to the start of the last such event.

I use a multiplier to determine how many of each item to keep on hand. I started with a very low number, like 10 (so for an item like Database (Panel) *, which occurs in the recipes 11 times, I would strive to keep 110 in inventory), and worked my way up incrementally over time.

e5r50ekia3cy.jpg
    Fleet: The United Federation of Pragmatists

Our mission: Active game play, without taking things too seriously. The only requirements are 1) Be Nice, and 2) Play regularly. ZERO chatting/social requirements - we’re mainly in it for the Squad, Fleet and Starbase Rewards.

We have a few openings left for like-minded Captains!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    a few events ago.. I crunched a list using excel... here is the "top 50 items and how many times they have appeared "in recipes"

note things like "Common Database" have been in multiple recipes per event.. thus 85 times... even though i don't think we have had 85 Galaxy events...

I used the great sheet compiled by ThaiGQ .. he updates it usually soon after events start.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/232/galaxy-events-mission-costs-spreadsheet#latest

its GREAT in that it has links to missions.. and costs...

alalqkfj3rjs.png

Is there a link to your Top 50 list, assuming those hyperlinks also link to the missions/costs?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!