Home Make It So!
Options

low level characters

I know it can be nice to put hard-to-get characters as event rewards but I must admit it gets tedious because of the emphasis on Pay-to-win needed to grow 4* and 5* characters.

I have collected all 1-3* in the freezer (almost finished new sf Khan), and almost finished galaxy map etc....

All that is left in the game is to collect the 4* & 5* and freeze them but the drop rate of 4*/5* is extremely low - AND because there is so many more 4* and 5* choices the chance of getting the correct character is very low. Thus I'm reaching a point where there's not much point playing (low drop success, required payment to get any drops).

If the events etc put in more 1-3* characters, and missions that require them, then the chance of finding and growing makes it worth playing more...

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being competitive in events is one route to 4* crew. Taking advantage of dilithium awarded for immortalization achievements to add shuttles and possibly event packs is another. Rest assured that there are many people who have 4* and even 5* characters who have either spent very little (only buying the monthly card and/or special discounted offers) or nothing at all (the VIP0 players)...all it takes is some strategy and some dedication.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is not a sprint, it’s a marathon.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    This game is not a sprint, it’s a marathon.

So says Q, but can we really trust Q? 😀
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After having played for over two years. Yes. At least on this one, maybe not all the time
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I've been playing for a little over a year. But it's not a marathon, it's just a grind.
    However, my concern is that when reaching this point in the game, the only "progress" forwards is purely "Pay-to-Win".

In this particularly is the 4* and 5*. And the constant infusion of them.
    Doing as Dirk has suggested and play hard in competition, usually only results in a 2/ or 3/ completion (unless once again one is a whale who then pays-to-win)

And then "almost complete" joins 150 others in the same state: sitting doing nothing in the crew lounge, waiting for a non-existent random drop. Random drop from where?? (The only place is from the "pay-to-win" packs.)
    And if that drop is an immortalised character? Then it's missed opportunity. (I've airlocked about 5 1/4* Aricks in the last week). And if the lounge is full, then it's Pay-to-Advance time again.

But what is concerning me is that there is no more game once this point is reached.
    It's pure pay-to-win, pay-to-advance, pay-some-more. Nothing else in the game changes.

Where I'm at I've got 4 more characters to grind to FE, and they will do all but 1 star on the galaxy map (require Android END 912)...... beyond that? what grind for honor for SuperRare and Legendary Citations?? (at 18 and 50 thousand! a piece???? How is that fun?)

---
    At least if there were new two star, and more low level missions, they would be something interesting while I was grinding.

Also, the collections is nice - but now my progress there is entirely related to how fast I can get 4* and 5* IMMORTALISED, which is incredibly slow - and for what purpose. I have about 10 FE 5*, of which 2 are IM. and starter Q is 4/5*. Once I've done the galaxy map (of which the limit is the Android 5* drop) the Skill bonus are meaningless.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you aware that a VIP0, someone who has never once spent a penny on this game, is not only within the Top 25 in the event right now, which is arguably competitive, she also won- as in placed #1- in an event back in November?

It's not entirely pay to win.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you aware that a VIP0, someone who has never once spent a penny on this game, is not only within the Top 25 in the event right now, which is arguably competitive, she also won- as in placed #1- in an event back in November?

My hats off to that person. That is quite an accomplishment

• Options
    Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭

Why thank you!

In terms of playing without hitting the paywall, getting the FF or threshold 3/4 is a matter of resources and strength of crew. If you've been playing for over a year, you should also be able to obtain 1/5 from events as well. You will hit the paywall with pack only crew and the top of the event leader board. But as someone who just finished 19th this week and won the Honey Bare event last November, it's not purely pay to win. But it is a grind and takes blood, sweat, and tears. A wise man once said we all play the same game. The more you pay, the easier the difficulty. Some of us play on insane difficulty. But it can be done.

If you're a VIP 0 player, throw me a PM. We can help.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why thank you!

In terms of playing without hitting the paywall, getting the FF or threshold 3/4 is a matter of resources and strength of crew. If you've been playing for over a year, you should also be able to obtain 1/5 from events as well. You will hit the paywall with pack only crew and the top of the event leader board. But as someone who just finished 19th this week and won the Honey Bare event last November, it's not purely pay to win. But it is a grind and takes blood, sweat, and tears. A wise man once said we all play the same game. The more you pay, the easier the difficulty. Some of us play on insane difficulty. But it can be done.

If you're a VIP 0 player, throw me a PM. We can help.

I just gained more respect for you. Honey Bare was very sought after and I’m sure the competition was extra fierce that week.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    But as someone who just finished 19th this week and won the Honey Bare event last November, it's not purely pay to win.

How well are you doing on the Galaxy Map?
    (I don't both with events much, just a scramble to get things I'm not really that into ... Like I need more uncompleted 4*s or even 5*s....)
  • Options
    But as someone who just finished 19th this week and won the Honey Bare event last November, it's not purely pay to win.

How well are you doing on the Galaxy Map?
    (I don't both with events much, just a scramble to get things I'm not really that into ... Like I need more uncompleted 4*s or even 5*s....)

My galaxy map is complete. I've 3 starred all the missions. But it did take over a year to finish, finding crew who could clear locked nodes or crit high values.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll know you've made it when you can get a new 4* in Voyages and FE them within 10 minutes of the voyage ending. Bonus points for doing it with under 100 chrons.
  • Options
    My galaxy map is complete. I've 3 starred all the missions. But it did take over a year to finish, finding crew who could clear locked nodes or crit high values.

On that I am impressed, I'm finding I need some very specific characters for DC-CT Episode 6 & 8, and Mission 8, E5 & E12. And often at more than 1* level.

Wher do you get older 4* crew from when doing F2P?
  • Options

On that I am impressed, I'm finding I need some very specific characters for DC-CT Episode 6 & 8, and Mission 8, E5 & E12. And often at more than 1* level.

Wher do you get older 4* crew from when doing F2P?

Currently, I can obtain both 4/4s from events. And the rest I get from free premium pulls and voyages.

• Options
    i do the same Stellar Ice, i enjoy the grind, it is tougher but worth it
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    just noticved the SuperRare and Legendary options in the Honor Hall, heck of a cost but true, they can be achieved by pure grind..

I'm not concerned about the event ones, as they're very limited range and often new and only available for short time frame - i.e. nuisance if I'm trying to immort them (eg for freezing out of the way).

I don't see much in the way of 4* drops in voyagers, and then usually only after paying some dilithium - and then they tend to be ones that I already completed.