Home Make It So!

Premium portal update

South of SuluSouth of Sulu ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Make It So!
Time to update the premium portal with the event and other limited crew for the last 6 months

Comments

• <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed!

Crew from October, 2017 onwards are still missing. :( As are cadets from after March 20th, 2018.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I have no clue why this can't just be automated. All they have to do it put a "Add to Portal" attribute on all new crew. Then they set the value to "Y" or "N". Honor Hall, Gauntlet and Voyage Exclusive Crew would be set to "N". All other crew would have the value set to "Y". Each crew would have to have a release date associated to it already so they just add a few lines of code to automatically add the crew to the portal 90 days after the "release date" if the "Add to Portal" flag is set to "Y".

They would never have to update the portal again. Every new crew would be added to the appropriate portal (basic or premium) 90 days after they were released automatically.

The only time they would have to do anything special to add crew to the portal is if they wanted to add the special crew (Gauntlet, Voyage, Honor Hall) to the regular portal. They would have to go change the "Add to Portal" flag from "N" to "Y" and, like magic, they would appear in the portal immediately (since it's way beyond 90 days from when they first came out.
  • RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    I am trying to remember if two of my higher level but not fully fused characters I got early on were in the portal get. AKA, Klingon O'Brien and Tactical Michael Burnham
  • Has Shan given any indication of an update? The number of duplicate super-rares is getting quite demoralizing, and the list of unincluded legendaries is getting legendarily long
    edited June 2018
    @Shan Any idea when we can expect the next update? The last update was everything up to 10 months ago (Everything prior to October 2017). Keeping a 90 day buffer means we should have the crew from October 2017 to March 2018 and July is just days away so maybe April 2018.
  • @Shan it is now July 2018 and we still do not have crew released in November and December of 2017. 2017!!! still not in the portal.
    The vast majority of crew from October are missing as well.
  • I doubt time has anything to do with who gets put into portals. I imagine they watch packs and see which sell well. As long as they are making a certain amount of money off those crew they are likely to be offered in a special pack again. When a pack makes below a certain amount those crew are probably moved over to the put into main portal list.
    I doubt time has anything to do with who gets put into portals. I imagine they watch packs and see which sell well. As long as they are making a certain amount of money off those crew they are likely to be offered in a special pack again. When a pack makes below a certain amount those crew are probably moved over to the put into main portal list.

With the exception of gauntlet, voyage, and honor hall exclusives, all crew from before October 5th, 2017 are in the portal. All crew from on or after October 5th, 2017, are not in the portal, except for uncommons and rares such as Festive Jadzia Dax, Away Team Neelix, Prisoner Burnham, Desert Burnham, Expedition Shran, etc.

For uncommons and rares (excepting, of course, honor hall exclusives) any of them released after the latest portal update are not in the portal. This includes Science Officer T'Pol, Off-Duty Tilly, and Starfleet Uniform Khan.

So I'm not completely sure what you mean by that?
  • .....and now it is August. Still no portal update, or any communication from DB about when there will be one.
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    No one listen to us...echooo
    I doubt time has anything to do with who gets put into portals. I imagine they watch packs and see which sell well. As long as they are making a certain amount of money off those crew they are likely to be offered in a special pack again. When a pack makes below a certain amount those crew are probably moved over to the put into main portal list.

They originally stated they wanted to have crew roll over to the premium portal 3 months after their initial release. That went by the wayside very quickly.
  • Wasn't it the last portal update where not all the platforms got the update so those platforms got another free pack for each one they opened? I assume portal updates to DB were, no biggie, every 3 months, it's easy! Now it's, big wig at top saying, how many free packs did we give away last time!! How much money did that cost us! You will never do this again! They are going to have to bite the bullet sometime, but I can imagine the red tape will be daunting.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    Wasn't it the last portal update where not all the platforms got the update so those platforms got another free pack for each one they opened? I assume portal updates to DB were, no biggie, every 3 months, it's easy! Now it's, big wig at top saying, how many free packs did we give away last time!! How much money did that cost us! You will never do this again! They are going to have to bite the bullet sometime, but I can imagine the red tape will be daunting.

There’s been one portal update since the sorry packs. IIRC it had something to do with them having to update in a second place that wasn’t documented or something. Last update went fine from what I recall?
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the exception of gauntlet, voyage, and honor hall exclusives, all crew from before October 5th, 2017 are in the portal. All crew from on or after October 5th, 2017, are not in the portal, except for uncommons and rares such as Festive Jadzia Dax, Away Team Neelix, Prisoner Burnham, Desert Burnham, Expedition Shran, etc.

For uncommons and rares (excepting, of course, honor hall exclusives) any of them released after the latest portal update are not in the portal. This includes Science Officer T'Pol, Off-Duty Tilly, and Starfleet Uniform Khan.

I got First Officer Burnham from the portal.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    Wasn't it the last portal update where not all the platforms got the update so those platforms got another free pack for each one they opened? I assume portal updates to DB were, no biggie, every 3 months, it's easy! Now it's, big wig at top saying, how many free packs did we give away last time!! How much money did that cost us! You will never do this again! They are going to have to bite the bullet sometime, but I can imagine the red tape will be daunting.

The biggest problem I recall from prior update announcements is that DB still does the portal updates manually, despite offers from players that have coding experience and could automate the process with relative ease. DB’s current system appears to require a fair bit of billable hours that they may not want to spend...but the problem only gets worse the longer they let it fester.
    S31 wrote: »

I got First Officer Burnham from the portal.

Yes, and First Officer Burnham was released on September 25th, 2017, which was before October 5th.
  • Finally. May this thread Rest In Peace, and May we not need a new one in 6 months.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10745/server-release-notes-08-14-and-time-portal-update

✌️
    🖖
  • Right now at the DB offices your dusting off your tepid Black Friday promo. It will would really be nice if we got a portal update beforehand.