Home The Bridge

Disruptor Beam lost out on another $20-30 from me today

edited June 2018 in The Bridge
Once again, they offered two new packs with characters I wanted, then flooded them with 4* characters I already have maxed out.

DB, please give us a reason to buy these packs when we are overwhelmingly likely to get a 4* we already have fully fused. We need either guaranteed honor from packs we purchase (like 5k honor per pack on top of the airlock honor), or else a citation when we get a FF dupe, or SOMETHING that isn't the equivalent to us flushing our money down a toilet. Your 500 honor consolation prize for air locking an entire pack of duplicates is not worth wasting anymore of my money.

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Solar Sails Sisko looked so cool I had to give it a shot. Got O'Brien, whom I've had in cryo for a year. Regretted it immediately. Not trying again. Wouldn't have minded the 4*Q, but with my luck I'd just keep getting O'Brien.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    This was one pack I normally wouldn't buy, but did anyway. I had O'brien FF, but needed stars on the other two 4*.

Got O'brien of course. smh
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    It is annoying. Any pack where you have all of the 4 stats FF is an automatic nope for most of the fan base
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I know better I went for one shot since I can use stars on Marshal Q and would love that Sisko.

Results were of course that I got Sarek. Saved from being all honor by getting a star I can use on Tash.

zb82v4ro37w3.png
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is people will still buy it. I don't even look at the offers anymore.

I also stopped even considering these Tuesday packs. I never once got a 5* from them, and I got tired of getting burned.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, I've wanted this version of Sisko (well, any version of Sisko, really) for years it seems like. I should've known they'd make him pack only. And such an awful pack too. Seriously disappointing. Oh well.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Ugh, I've wanted this version of Sisko (well, any version of Sisko, really) for years it seems like. I should've known they'd make him pack only. And such an awful pack too. Seriously disappointing. Oh well.

Uhh....
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Catching_Fire
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Uhh....
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Catching_Fire

Yes?

Was Solar Sails Sisko also offered during that event? I must have missed it.

Emphasis mine
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct. I want any and all versions of Sisko. I still fail to see the connection between this week's Sisko and the Sisko from the beginning of the mega-event. Your comparison eludes me, though I might just be a dumb dumb.
    edited June 2018
    Correct. I want any and all versions of Sisko. I still fail to see the connection between this week's Sisko and the Sisko from the beginning of the mega-event. Your comparison eludes me, though I might just be a dumb dumb.

I think I see my initial misinterpretation. You have a desire for any and all things Sisko, this one included. I thought you meant that you wanted a Sisko (any Sisko) "for years". I (incorrectly) connected your parenthetical to the "for years" part of your initial post rather than the "this version".
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I see my initial misinterpretation. You have a desire for any and all things Sisko, this one included. I thought you meant that you wanted a Sisko (any Sisko) "for years". I (incorrectly) connected your parenthetical to the "for years" part of your initial post rather than the "this version".

I did the same thing, actually. You are not alone.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I see what happened now. Sometimes I don't type so good.

• Wasted dil on 6 packs... no Sisko for me :/
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    No luck but just did 2 packs.... I did manage to FF two super rares so I worked out somewhat. I needed Engineering so went for it oh well
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted that Sisko as well. Had only O'Brien FF, so I went for three packs. Got O'Brien (booo), last star for Sarek (yeah), an all-immortal purple behold, and the Kirk as part of a begold (but I picked Pah-Wraith Cult Dukat instead). Not the best, not the worst. That Sisko will have to join Annorax and Ziyal on my long-term wish list...
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    DANGER: O’Briens ahead...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    13 packs. All purple
  • I would never waste my Dilithium on any Sisko, now Dax...thats my temptation. Lol
  • SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    4* for Tommy Gun Dixon
    Admiral Kirk
    2* for the Viceroy
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried again in a moment of weakness. A second O'Brien. 5 schematics. Not even much honor as a consolation prize.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Two pulls. Airlocked O’Brien, but kept French Q. The Sisko has eluded me.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Over the last 3 weeks, DB has seemingly put actual effort into making me keep my money. I'm VIP14 (X3) and that's where I'll be staying. Roga Danar being 4* was a huge nerf. TONS of 1-off crew are the 5* (Joachim, Gaia Odo, Chaotica, Not-a-merry-Worf, Durango Troi, even Nog, Barclay, Rom, and Quark all have 5* variant), But not Roga-freaking-Danar? Y'know... the guy that can take out O'Brien and 2 SEC at once, out-think Data, smack Worf like he owes him money, evade the Enterprise, steal a ship, free fellow prisoners, and launch an attack on the capitol... in a SINGLE episode. Roga Danar = 5*. He should have at LEAST been a gauntlet beast (like Phlox?) but no, his stats **tsk tsk** too. Threshold giveaway crew is always some stupidly worthless crew that I have in the freezer, not even the new 4* as the free crew. Premium and event packs are worthless to me, honor exchange is a joke, even the last 30 pack I bought I got 1 gold star I needed. The rest was all honor recieved at what seems to be a Las Vegas pawn shop exchange rate. I got the 2 pack treasures offer, got 1 gold star I needed, 1 purple star (amazingly) that I needed, and trashed the rest. I've spent thousands of my "allowance" dollars on this game, which I guess put me in the position I'm in... It is completely worthless at this point to spend another dime. I haven't even been threshold and done lately because I don't need the 4* crew, and they're already immortal, so I don't need the items either. And the great airlock fodder I get from finishing well? What a consolation prize. Makes me want so bad to spend more of my money so I can get MORE copies of crew to shoot out torpedo tubes.
    The big whales are GOING to spend that money just to be first to max crew, or take 1st place in events. They don't care about crew choices, or RNG, or anything else. They are all trying for FIRST. The players that have spent several thousand dollars, and would be willing to spend a couple thousand MORE - might have some hurt feelings about getting "far enough" in the game.... that Vaseline is no longer an attainable component for the corn-hole phaser I'm trying to build here.
    Were you TRYING to help me find a way to quit playing the game altogether, DB? Cause that's about where I'm at. I HAVE to buy the 6500 dil packs just to (hopefully) get ONE usable new star. Maybe I'll get that app "I'm Rich" from the app store and save the rest of my money. -OR- I could go buy an alienware pc, stuff 20GB RAM in it, get the pc game, and have ALL the crew and game open to me. Spend the extra on twinkies and Doritos..
    Glad to throw support at a platform for some extra fun and the greater good, but you keep the money you got from me, and I'LL keep the rest - because this is like investing in a stock you know you'll take a loss on.
    At least at a carnival, you know the games **tsk tsk** and you're getting screwed ahead of time. I either don't know how to make a new thread... or I'm not allowed to yet. So I'll just leave this here.
    Over the last 3 weeks, DB has seemingly put actual effort into making me keep my money. I'm VIP14 (X3) and that's where I'll be staying. Roga Danar being 4* was a huge nerf. TONS of 1-off crew are the 5* (Joachim, Gaia Odo, Chaotica, Not-a-merry-Worf, Durango Troi, even Nog, Barclay, Rom, and Quark all have 5* variant), But not Roga-freaking-Danar? Y'know... the guy that can take out O'Brien and 2 SEC at once, out-think Data, smack Worf like he owes him money, evade the Enterprise, steal a ship, free fellow prisoners, and launch an attack on the capitol... in a SINGLE episode. Roga Danar = 5*. He should have at LEAST been a gauntlet beast (like Phlox?) but no, his stats *Vegan Poutine* too. Threshold giveaway crew is always some stupidly worthless crew that I have in the freezer, not even the new 4* as the free crew. Premium and event packs are worthless to me, honor exchange is a joke, even the last 30 pack I bought I got 1 gold star I needed. The rest was all honor recieved at what seems to be a Las Vegas pawn shop exchange rate. I got the 2 pack treasures offer, got 1 gold star I needed, 1 purple star (amazingly) that I needed, and trashed the rest. I've spent thousands of my "allowance" dollars on this game, which I guess put me in the position I'm in... It is completely worthless at this point to spend another dime. I haven't even been threshold and done lately because I don't need the 4* crew, and they're already immortal, so I don't need the items either. And the great airlock fodder I get from finishing well? What a consolation prize. Makes me want so bad to spend more of my money so I can get MORE copies of crew to shoot out torpedo tubes.
    The big whales are GOING to spend that money just to be first to max crew, or take 1st place in events. They don't care about crew choices, or RNG, or anything else. They are all trying for FIRST. The players that have spent several thousand dollars, and would be willing to spend a couple thousand MORE - might have some hurt feelings about getting "far enough" in the game.... that Vaseline is no longer an attainable component for the corn-hole phaser I'm trying to build here.
    Were you TRYING to help me find a way to quit playing the game altogether, DB? Cause that's about where I'm at. I HAVE to buy the 6500 dil packs just to (hopefully) get ONE usable new star. Maybe I'll get that app "I'm Rich" from the app store and save the rest of my money. -OR- I could go buy an alienware pc, stuff 20GB RAM in it, get the pc game, and have ALL the crew and game open to me. Spend the extra on twinkies and Doritos..
    Glad to throw support at a platform for some extra fun and the greater good, but you keep the money you got from me, and I'LL keep the rest - because this is like investing in a stock you know you'll take a loss on.
    At least at a carnival, you know the games *Vegan Poutine* and you're getting screwed ahead of time. I either don't know how to make a new thread... or I'm not allowed to yet. So I'll just leave this here.

Gonna have to recommend a little more copious usage of the "Enter" key. By the few lines you're talking about Alienware computers and Doritos, so I'm gonna say it's safe to assume this is a bit of a ramble?
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, solar sailor got me to break my year and a half google opinion rewards only streak and pushed me into VIP 13.

Miles of Miles out the airlock so far, no Sisko.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the last 3 weeks, DB has seemingly put actual effort into making me keep my money. I'm VIP14 (X3) and that's where I'll be staying. Roga Danar being 4* was a huge nerf. TONS of 1-off crew are the 5* (Joachim, Gaia Odo, Chaotica, Not-a-merry-Worf, Durango Troi, even Nog, Barclay, Rom, and Quark all have 5* variant), But not Roga-freaking-Danar? Y'know... the guy that can take out O'Brien and 2 SEC at once, out-think Data, smack Worf like he owes him money, evade the Enterprise, steal a ship, free fellow prisoners, and launch an attack on the capitol... in a SINGLE episode. Roga Danar = 5*. He should have at LEAST been a gauntlet beast (like Phlox?) but no, his stats *Vegan Poutine* too. Threshold giveaway crew is always some stupidly worthless crew that I have in the freezer, not even the new 4* as the free crew. Premium and event packs are worthless to me, honor exchange is a joke, even the last 30 pack I bought I got 1 gold star I needed. The rest was all honor recieved at what seems to be a Las Vegas pawn shop exchange rate. I got the 2 pack treasures offer, got 1 gold star I needed, 1 purple star (amazingly) that I needed, and trashed the rest. I've spent thousands of my "allowance" dollars on this game, which I guess put me in the position I'm in... It is completely worthless at this point to spend another dime. I haven't even been threshold and done lately because I don't need the 4* crew, and they're already immortal, so I don't need the items either. And the great airlock fodder I get from finishing well? What a consolation prize. Makes me want so bad to spend more of my money so I can get MORE copies of crew to shoot out torpedo tubes.
    At least at a carnival, you know the games *Vegan Poutine* and you're getting screwed ahead of time. I either don't know how to make a new thread... or I'm not allowed to yet. So I'll just leave this here.

Didn't you say two weeks ago that DB is never getting another dime out of you again?

I'm not sure why you're rehashing all of this here. Is this your rage quit post?

If so... well, then, bye, I guess.
  • Wasn't aware that a generalization posted in a separate thread couldn't be re-phrased in a new thread. I mean, this thread IS about "what DB did" to lose out on certain individal's money.

"Then I thought... 'I shoulda just gone with "Yeah."'" ~Mitch Hedburg
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell us how you really feel! :smile: