Home Ready Room
Options

Sudden Begold, Help!

So this Behold randomly occurred just a short time ago for me and I haven’t resumed things yet because I can’t decide who to pick. Now, I’m a bit of a veteran of the game so I know the ends and outs, the positives and negatives. What I need are just some opinions on who you’d choose. Also, please know ahead of time that I will almost certainly NOT choose Chaotica, for my own reasons, but I could be convinced by enough opinions in that direction. Here’s the Behold.

0l1desm29myb.png
Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

Comments

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd choose Janeway
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d probably go with Katrine, especially if you don’t want to immortalize Chaotica. It’s Janeway with three skills so better chance for event use and voyage use. Mine is 1/5 and sometimes makes it onto my voyages (but I don’t have a lot of immortal 5s sooo).

Although if you need SEC that Kirk is an all star.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I think I’m going with Katrina because she’ll finally complete my Janeway collection and I’ve been wanting her since she appeared in the game, though I do wish I could take Kirk too, lol. Thanks guys.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the traits, I would go Janeway, but someone on the other thread said Kirk kicks arena butt.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever those reasons may be ... immortalise Chaotica.

I can't come up with a single reason not to ... that is game related, not some emotional, personal vendetta against the character.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    As far as gameplay utility is concerned, as a general rule, it is better to go with characters that have 3 skills over those who have 2 skills.

But of course, personal affinity for a particular character should never be forgotten when making these types of selections :)
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I can't come up with a single reason not to ... that is game related, not some emotional, personal vendetta against the character.

I have to agree. Neither of the other options are stellar must-haves (I suppose I'd lean Katrine, but I don't feel strongly about it), the last star gives the biggest bump in stats, and, if you are not big on the character, you open up the option to freeze him. No matter what your problem with Chaotica, immortalizing him solves it forever.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people hold of on adding the fifth star for as long as possible to avoid honor beholds for as long as they can.
  • Options
    I'd have left Chaotica too - I wouldn't gain a slot by immortalising him as I wouldn't freeze him and it also delays the day that I get a Begold with all immortals.
    Gut says Janeway due to 3 skills and more events
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaotica for sure. SCI/COM is tough to get at that level
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Chaotica for sure. SCI/COM is tough to get at that level

Especially for anyone who missed out on Surak. I mean, I understand why all-FF beholds are to be avoided but at some point you’re going to be stuck with a bunch of 4/5* crew and missing out on longer voyages and better event shuttles.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd have left Chaotica too - I wouldn't gain a slot by immortalising him as I wouldn't freeze him and it also delays the day that I get a Begold with all immortals.
    Gut says Janeway due to 3 skills and more events

You might not gain a slot but if you take another 1 star gold you do lose a slot.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take Kirk, Janeway irritated me! Nice begold though. Who did you take in the end?
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow two kirk, janeway begolds posted in quick succession could this mean a Kirkway event coming up?

I'd hate to pass up Kirk. but I play the game to complete cards and use them for their worth no point keeping them 1* under.

The only issue is if you purchase DYC offers or not if you do and one is likely to drop then go with Kirk, if not Chaotica.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options

Some people hold of on adding the fifth star for as long as possible to avoid honor beholds for as long as they can.

Sure ... but I wonder how many portal pool 5*s the OP owns that are FF. I have a hunch that a full FF 5* behold is still a ways off into the future for the OP. Unless you spend decent money on the game, the pool will grow faster than you adding stars to a 5*.

But hey, I would want to improve my crew ... and to me a 2-skill crew with +1000 on both skills (after startbase bonuses) seems pretty decent to me. That, and I only have 1 crew with 1000+ base in SCI.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ok, I’ll do my best to try and explain my reasoning since some of you seem a bit frazzled by it. Part of it is as @[7TW] UnkieB said, to avoid honor beholds. What that means, for those that may not know, is simply that I want to leave Chaotica open on his last star for a while to lessen my chances of getting an all immortalized Behold. There are some particular gold characters that I seem to be destined to get quite often in a Behold and Chaotica is one of them.

I also tend to get Arachnia, Pike, and DA McCoy. In fact, I currently have two Arachnias and two DA McCoys because of this. Also for your info pleasure, one each immortalized and one Janeway at 2/5 and one McCoy at 1/5.

I’ve gotten the chance for the fifth star on Chaotica at least 3 times now, counting this time as well.

Another part of it all is that if my other Behold choices are simply more interesting to me or they offer the beginning of something I don’t have but have always desired, then I might choose something other than Chaotica. Sometimes this is a character that is a gauntlet beast, which only requires the single star. This happened with Chancellor Gowron, Chaotica, and Enterprise E Picard at one time so I chose Gowron and have never regretted it.

In no way does this choice reflect on my like of Chaotica. I do, in fact, adore that character, but when I get better options or options that I prefer more, I choose those instead the completion of Chaotica.

Whatever the case, I’m not worried. As far as I see it, I’ll eventually complete the Dr. either with a Behold that contains others I’ve already immortalized or crew I don’t care for, or I’ll use a citation on him.

Hopefully this explains my thinking well enough.

P.S. - To those that asked and didn’t see my above post, I chose Janeway. I really like Kirk, but I’ve been trying to get this Janeway for ages. I now have every Janeway in the game, yay! Every Jadzia now too, weird off-topic thought I know. Hmm...every Dax except Odo.
  • Options
    Ok, I’ll do my best to try and explain my reasoning since some of you seem a bit frazzled by it. Part of it is as @[7TW] UnkieB said, to avoid honor beholds. What that means, for those that may not know, is simply that I want to leave Chaotica open on his last star for a while to lessen my chances of getting an all immortalized Behold. There are some particular gold characters that I seem to be destined to get quite often in a Behold and Chaotica is one of them.

I also tend to get Arachnia, Pike, and DA McCoy. In fact, I currently have two Arachnias and two DA McCoys because of this. Also for your info pleasure, one each immortalized and one Janeway at 2/5 and one McCoy at 1/5.

I’ve gotten the chance for the fifth star on Chaotica at least 3 times now, counting this time as well.

Another part of it all is that if my other Behold choices are simply more interesting to me or they offer the beginning of something I don’t have but have always desired, then I might choose something other than Chaotica. Sometimes this is a character that is a gauntlet beast, which only requires the single star. This happened with Chancellor Gowron, Chaotica, and Enterprise E Picard at one time so I chose Gowron and have never regretted it.

In no way does this choice reflect on my like of Chaotica. I do, in fact, adore that character, but when I get better options or options that I prefer more, I choose those instead the completion of Chaotica.

Whatever the case, I’m not worried. As far as I see it, I’ll eventually complete the Dr. either with a Behold that contains others I’ve already immortalized or crew I don’t care for, or I’ll use a citation on him.

P.S. - To those that asked and didn’t see my above post, I chose Janeway. I really like Kirk, but I’ve been trying to get this Janeway for ages. I now have every Janeway in the game, yay! Every Jadzia now too, weird off-topic thought I know. Hmm...every Dax except Odo.

Holy crow ... you must do a bunch of pulls then ...

I have never been offered the same character more than twice ... I have a 2/5 Admiral Janeway and she's the ONLY one I've ever been offered twice, even if I didn't pick them (my first 2 5* beholds I did not record, so not 100% sure, but close enough), go figure ... I keep hoping for more stars on any of the 5*s I did pick, but always seem to get new crew.
    (I have a total of 14 different crew from 15 5* beholds).
  • Options

Holy crow ... you must do a bunch of pulls then ...

I have never been offered the same character more than twice ... I have a 2/5 Admiral Janeway and she's the ONLY one I've ever been offered twice, even if I didn't pick them (my first 2 5* beholds I did not record, so not 100% sure, but close enough), go figure ... I keep hoping for more stars on any of the 5*s I did pick, but always seem to get new crew.
    (I have a total of 14 different crew from 15 5* beholds).

Lol! I’m no whale but I do pull fairly often every other month or so. It all adds up when you’ve been playing for 3+ years.