Home The Bridge

Thank You DB For Listening

As this Mega-Event comes to a close, I would like to say thank you to all of the folks at DB for listening, not only to their paying customers but also to their free playing players. This event is one that I actually enjoyed, and didn't mind spending some of my weekly allowance (I do my chores around the house; kitchen, bathroom, take out trash and shopping :) ) on. Though I am not a big fan of Voyager, I am a huge fan of DS9. With the focus being on them, that really buoyed my spirits (I play three games, which should tell you that the Star Trek franchise ranks very high to me) and was thinking about air locking myself from the games.

Well, now I am off to spend some more of my allowance to obtain Species 8472 B):) .

Comments

• What was your favorite thing so far about this mega-event?
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of Voyager but off to spend for 8472... OK... Just kinda odd.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    He said not a big fan of Voyager. Which is a difference to being not a fan ;) Also in both cases he still could like Species 8472. If only for the proficiency for example. And unlike certain people he also brought some positive vibes to this forum, so...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not a fan of Voyager at all. Tried to watch it but I just couldn’t do it. However I still have some Voyager crew. I found the show unwatchable but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t a few cool characters in there
    Really just used to the anti-Enterprise and Discovery folks here some of which would prefer all those characters eliminated from existence a-la Infinity War (Ok so cross franchise reference).

It's an oddity to be sure here.

(And nice passive aggressive reference up there... maybe read all 2.8k of my posts and see they are not all the same)
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    What are you thanking DB for specifically? You said thank you for listening but then didn't specify anything that they did that addressed anything people were asking for. The whole post comes across as very strange. The subject of the message and the content of the message just don't match up. Very click-baity.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I’m not a fan of Voyager at all. Tried to watch it but I just couldn’t do it. However I still have some Voyager crew. I found the show unwatchable but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t a few cool characters in there

Yeah, exactly. I very much enjoy the Holodoc. And also respect what Jeri Ryan delivered. Considering the catsuits they gave her and the fact that Mulgrew bullied her and made her life miserable in each and every way for years (she was pissed that she wasn´t the sole spotlight anymore and that Seven brought the ratings up - and unleashed that all on Jeri).

Yeah, exactly. I very much enjoy the Holodoc. And also respect what Jeri Ryan delivered. Considering the catsuits they gave her and the fact that Mulgrew bullied her and made her life miserable in each and every way for years (she was pissed that she wasn´t the sole spotlight anymore and that Seven brought the ratings up - and unleashed that all on Jeri).

Voyager was kind of a mess behind the scenes. Jeri Ryan sleeping with Braga wasn't exactly innocent as well, Beltran's discontent with the show, etc.

I still wonder how much was frustration at the perceived non-feminist feeling of objectification that Mulgrew had insisted not be a part of her character or her displeasure at the dismissal of her friend Lien, and how much was actual anger expressed towards Ryan. At the time of her intro, Ryan was also in a bizarrely abusive relationship, which I would think make her actually more vulnerable than someone coming in from a fresh healthy standpoint.

The Vorlons three-edged sword comes to mind.

Lol, at least the DS9 crew, with their challenges, kept it peaceful. Siddig and Visitor seem to co-parent well.

• Pallidyne wrote: »

Why is that odd Pallidyne? Does one must like/love Voyager in order to like/appreciate a species? I love DS9 and more specifically, Jadzia. But I do not particularly care for Ezri Dax.

I could go on and on, even to the point of off topic, such as loving coconut body oils but everything else coconut, Yuk!!!!!! :)
  • What are you thanking DB for specifically? You said thank you for listening but then didn't specify anything that they did that addressed anything people were asking for. The whole post comes across as very strange. The subject of the message and the content of the message just don't match up. Very click-baity.

My apologies Althea. It would help if you and/or others was inside the mind of... :) I made the assumption (silly me :) , that most of the changes that have been taking place within the game, was a result of the survey(s) asked of us to participate. I opted not to get granular with specifics, as my message was to serve only as a thank you.

As for "click-baity", I have no idea what that means. I suppose I could Goggle it... :)
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Why is that odd Pallidyne? Does one must like/love Voyager in order to like/appreciate a species? I love DS9 and more specifically, Jadzia. But I do not particularly care for Ezri Dax.

I could go on and on, even to the point of off topic, such as loving coconut body oils but everything else coconut, Yuk!!!!!! :)

Actually that's an very inverted (similar to Ezri channeling Emony) example, but I'll let it rest as just something I will fail to understand.
    As for "click-baity", I have no idea what that means. I suppose I could Goggle it... :)

Here you go :smile:

Definition - What does Clickbait mean?

Clickbait consists of attention-grabbing headlines used for Web content to lure readers into clicking on normally uninteresting content. Many websites use clickbait as a mechanism to gain popularity via higher click-through rates. Clickbait is characterized by a highly enticing headline with a hyperlink that, when clicked, reveals a website that has content that is not nearly as interesting as the headline. Clickbait is therefore considered to be a strategy to increase the number of views to a particular Web page.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words, don't post if you have something positive to say. Because it's against the paradigm.

I too think DB have listened to the players, but they also work on money and franchise rules so sometimes some players don't quite get exactly what they want. Myself included. But I do think DB gets a hard time on these forums with very little positive encouragement so it's nice to see someone is admitting to enjoying the game and offering thanks.

Me, I like the artwork, I like the stories, and I enjoy playing.

I also think criticism is good, so I'm not going to attempt to stop people comaining. I just think a balance needs to be made, to show where we think DB is getting it right.

I'm glad people are enjoying Species 8472. I personally have no interest, so I had a weekend off. The artwork is great, stats cool, and players wanted it. That's brilliant!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • @Space Cowboy welcome to the dark side of the internet. Where a respectful, well behaved juvenile tries to send some positive feedback and gets run over by "adults." (My perception of some of the above interactions.) This has been a nice remimder of why I haven't introduced my own children to the forum.

NOTE: I apologize if I have mis-interpreted anyone's intentions. You may now flog me as you see fit.
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭

Clickbait consists of attention-grabbing headlines used for Web content to lure readers into clicking on normally uninteresting content. Many websites use clickbait as a mechanism to gain popularity via higher click-through rates. Clickbait is characterized by a highly enticing headline with a hyperlink that, when clicked, reveals a website that has content that is not nearly as interesting as the headline. Clickbait is therefore considered to be a strategy to increase the number of views to a particular Web page.

MEEEEEOOOOOWWWWW. Catty McCatsburg.

People love to complain, but the truth is that people love the game.... or they wouldn’t be all up in the forums spouting their tings.
    edited June 2018
    In other words, don't post if you have something positive to say. Because it's against the paradigm.

I don't see where anyone was taking someone to task for posting something positive. I, specifically, posted because the subject of the thread and the content of the thread were at odds as if the OP typed the subject, lost track of what they were thinking about and then totally decided to change the topic once they started writing the body of the message. I didn't bash the content, just questioned the way it was presented.
    [S14] Bri wrote: »

MEEEEEOOOOOWWWWW. Catty McCatsburg.

People love to complain, but the truth is that people love the game.... or they wouldn’t be all up in the forums spouting their tings.

I'm not sure how it's "catty" to explain what clickbait means when the poster said they didn't know what it means, but to each their own.
    Lot of pot calling the kettle black here, lol
    That’s how ruthless it is here. Even when there’s nothing there some kind of storm will form
    That’s how ruthless it is here. Even when there’s nothing there some kind of storm will form

I mean, I read it and had a bit of a wait what, but it just seemed like someone young, excited, and positive. So i awesomed it and moved on.

It is refreshing to see positives. Or give a thanks for something that turned out well or was generous. That’s why I made a post giving them props for the Skirmish Event. They were generous to us with rewards, it brought a new energy to events, and it went off without a hitch. All good stuff DB and thank you again

• [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

I don't see where anyone was taking someone to task for posting something positive. I, specifically, posted because the subject of the thread and the content of the thread were at odds as if the OP typed the subject, lost track of what they were thinking about and then totally decided to change the topic once they started writing the body of the message. I didn't bash the content, just questioned the way it was presented.

Is all good. I just enjoyed the positivity, even if it didn't go into detail why. Sometimes when these forums go into fury mode I feel like quitting.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/