Home Make It So!

Please allow item replication from the Inventory screen

JERI RYANJERI RYAN ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Make It So!
On behalf of the player base, we would like to be able to stockpile certain rare items with our daily replication usage allowance.
At the moment, the only way to replicate an item is if the player has an active character that currently NEEDS the item.
But what if we want to replicate more of that item for future use ?
My current solution is to keep certain (usually duplicate) characters unleveled and unequipped so that I can replicate faction items like ancient films and medical experiments.
However, this eats up valuable crew slot space.
Please allow players to replicate items from the inventory screen.
Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this, Jeri. Since I leveled up my entire roster, I have occasionally done the exact same thing as you: keep one crew just sitting there at a level where they need faction-only items, so that I can build those up (and use up my replicator uses for the day at the same time).

But it's a poor solution. So a big hearty "Yes!" to being able to replicate items directly from the inventory window.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    This is much needed. I shouldn't have to search for a crew that needs a zero star Ancient Film to replicate an Ancient Film.

Maybe rather than allowing it from your inventory screen, allow a search. So you could search for "Ancient" and it would bring back all existing in game items with the word "Ancient" so Ancient Film would be included in all rarities (0, 1, 2* etc).

Add a link to the Replicator (which would also display the number of uses you have. 5/8 would mean you have 5 of your 8 uses left. You would do the search from that screen.
  • DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
    This is much needed. I shouldn't have to search for a crew that needs a zero star Ancient Film to replicate an Ancient Film.

Maybe rather than allowing it from your inventory screen, allow a search. So you could search for "Ancient" and it would bring back all existing in game items with the word "Ancient" so Ancient Film would be included in all rarities (0, 1, 2* etc).

Add a link to the Replicator (which would also display the number of uses you have. 5/8 would mean you have 5 of your 8 uses left. You would do the search from that screen.

This. SOOOO much this.
  • EddNogEddNog ✭✭
    Perhaps the reason they don't allow this is so that we cannot replicate Citations or Ship Schematics.

-Ed
  • EddNog wrote: »
    Perhaps the reason they don't allow this is so that we cannot replicate Citations or Ship Schematics.

-Ed

They could easily prevent this the same way they prevent replication of latinum.
  • Skizzy wrote: »
    EddNog wrote: »

-Ed

They could easily prevent this the same way they prevent replication of latinum.

Agreed. Although I'd love to see someone level a ship with just the replicator...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • EddNogEddNog ✭✭
    Skizzy wrote: »

-Ed

Wait...I wasn't aware that latinum could not be replicated. Is there a practical game function reason for this, or just because latinum is a currency in the Trek universe (canonical/story reasons)?

-Ed
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skizzy wrote: »

-Ed

Wait...I wasn't aware that latinum could not be replicated. Is there a practical game function reason for this, or just because latinum is a currency in the Trek universe (canonical/story reasons)?

-Ed

It was established in DS9 that latinum could not be replicated, hence its value as a medium of exchange. Making it so that it cannot be replicated in-game was a nice touch by DB.
  • EddNogEddNog ✭✭
    Thanks; so canonical reasons. I like it.
  • In addition to the OP, it would be great if clicking on an item in the inventory brought up all the relevant missions you can run for it.
  • This was promised a year ago. But then DB fired the person who promised it. Yes, we still want this.