Home Ready Room

8 Hour Voyage

I just wanted to see if there was a number in the six skills that I should be shooting for in order to reach an 8 hour voyage. I struggle at times to get to 7:30, but I’m getting closer. What is the best mix of skill scores?

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Here’s my current voyage. I try for primary and secondary in the 9-10 thousands and no more than two tertiary skills no lower than the 2 thousands. Although it’s not a hard and fast rule.

albgtbtzeuu0.png
  • 10,000 in the gold/silver skills (especially gold, silver at 10k may be overkill), and not completely tanking the four other skills usually takes me to 8 hours. At least two of the non-gold/silver skills are at 6,000 or greater. I always start with at least 2,500 antimatter with my ships as well.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get an 8 hour voyage, you don’t need all that. If you can get the gold and silver to 9000 and the others to 3000 you’ll get 8 hours. If you can bump up the 3000’s up a bit you can get the gold and silver in the 8000s and still get 8 hours
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Acer Link to the voyage estimator by Chewable C++ in case you don't have it...

https://codepen.io/somnivore/full/Nabyzw

Yes, that is great advice. Peachtree Rex plugged the numbers of a voyage I was running in there once. It said my voyage will last 8:29 and it lasted exactly 8:29.

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Yes, that is great advice. Peachtree Rex plugged the numbers of a voyage I was running in there once. It said my voyage will last 8:29 and it lasted exactly 8:29.

And, while the calculator IS awesome, don't forget that +/- 30 minutes is perfectly reasonable for a 95% confidence interval on these things. Looking at the range on a recent voyage of mine, it has a 95% chance of reaching 7:56 and a 5% chance of making 8:50. Beyond 30 minutes...yea, you probably got a little (un)lucky. But the tool can never be perfect all the time. At some point, RNG is gonna RNG.

And, while the calculator IS awesome, don't forget that +/- 30 minutes is perfectly reasonable for a 95% confidence interval on these things. Looking at the range on a recent voyage of mine, it has a 95% chance of reaching 7:56 and a 5% chance of making 8:50. Beyond 30 minutes...yea, you probably got a little (un)lucky. But the tool can never be perfect all the time. At some point, RNG is gonna RNG.

Yes, and RNG can swing wildly. Same crew, same gold and silver will give me 8:30 once then 9:05 the next time. Just wanted to give you mad props Peachtree for coming up with such a great and useful tool for all of our benefit.

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, and RNG can swing wildly. Same crew, same gold and silver will give me 8:30 once then 9:05 the next time. Just wanted to give you mad props Peachtree for coming up with such a great and useful tool for all of our benefit.

Chewable made that site. I've helped with some of the research/data collection (and have a spreadsheet of my own that I use that I find a little easier to enter the data on), but I wouldn't presume to take credit for his work. He's done great things there.
  • AcerAcer ✭✭
    Thank you for all of the excellent answers. I have used the code pen link and have actually contributed data to it. It’s awesome. I was just wondering, as a basic goal, what numbers to use so again thank you for your help

Chewable made that site. I've helped with some of the research/data collection (and have a spreadsheet of my own that I use that I find a little easier to enter the data on), but I wouldn't presume to take credit for his work. He's done great things there.

My apologies Chewable. You are the man!

• <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acer wrote: »
    Thank you for all of the excellent answers. I have used the code pen link and have actually contributed data to it. It’s awesome. I was just wondering, as a basic goal, what numbers to use so again thank you for your help

9500 on primary and secondary, 2500 on everything else, and that will better account for bad RNG.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    9500 on primary and secondary, 2500 on everything else, and that will better account for bad RNG.

10/10/12-15k combined (so 3-3.5k not 2.5 each if even) + 2750-2800 AM is more or less reliable 8h.

And with attempt for even other four it's pretty unlikely to get more than 2600 if ship traits do not align.

Speaking of RNG third max stat is also pretty reliable choice comparable to "all even" in 4 10% ones because even with worst distribution you will get most of it's hits, it's one or two dump stats that are worst because that just invites RNG to hit them in initial period, then switch to not-dump ones when they are already useless for "even distribution".