Home The Bridge
Options

Best Possible 4 Hour Voyage Dilemma Drop for Me!

IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
So, when my current Voyage (i.e., it is still going) reached the 4 Hour mark, I assumed the Dilemma would drop a 2* or 3* Crew member, as this is what has happened on each of my previous Voyages, excluding the times when I received the Voyages only characters Jannar and The Clown at the 4 Hour mark.
After picking my Resolution choice, I saw 60 Honor appear on the screen, followed by 50 Chronitons, and then I saw something completely surprising …

o9axaagza5w2.png

Not only was it a Portal purple 4* character at the 4 Hour mark, but it was Ro!!! (I am assuming here you have noticed my profile icon ;) ) My Maquis Ro Laren has been 3/4* ever since she was released in March 2017 as part of the Alpha and Omega Event, and now I final get to Immortalize her :)

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a voyage potentially worth extending to see if the streak continues.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a voyage potentially worth extending to see if the streak continues.

Gambler's Fallacy?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Gambler's Fallacy?

Possibly, but look at the risk: maybe 100ish dilithium to extend. If even just one more drops, you’ve won compared to buying a portal pack. If one doesn’t drop, you still get additional chrons, resources, replicator rations, trainers, and credits. The only voyages I extend are ones that drop 4* crew outside of dilemmas and even when more 4*s don’t drop I don’t feel robbed.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW that's insane. Never seen a purple at 4 hours.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW that's insane. Never seen a purple at 4 hours.

It's a combination of two rare conditions. I don't think a 100 honor(4*) dilemma can appear at 4 hours. I've never seen it before 6. But, a 60 honor(3*) dilemma can appear at 4 hours. Then the 3* dilemma has a random crew drop. It is guaranteed to have a 3* drop, but it can drop a 4* just like you can get a 3* in a 2* dilemma or a 4* in a single premium pull(or even credit pulls). So the OP had a 3* dilemma appear at 4 hours, and then got lucky with a 4* dropping from the 3* dilemma. Impressive combination of luck. Go buy a lottery ticket.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else was saying they think voyages with a primary stat of Diplomacy tend to drop more characters. This would definitely corroborate.
  • Options
    Irial wrote: »
    Okay, so now I am thinking this must have been one of the luckiest Voyages in the history of playing STT, as just before it reached 7 hours and 26 minutes in duration, it dropped a 6th purple 4* character:

2q9dkixyk7l6.png

Wow, that's a good week for me. Never gotten more than two in less than 8 hours.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, all before the 8 hour mark? Nice run. As the song goes, know when to walk away!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen a run like that in under 8 hours. Congrats.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not enough dil to extend anyway. There are rare drops in the loot tables like 4* cards in at least the normally 3* dilemmas. The one you got was a part 2 though so those seem to have better loot if you get past part 1.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your luck! Never had more than 3 purples ever. Rng hates me in this game.
    ~ seeking out new life