Home Make It So!

Adjusted Honor System

One area where the honor system is lacking when dismissing crew is that you get the same amount of honor no matter what level the crew is. It takes a chronitons, credits, trainers and time to level up crew and all of those items have value.

I think the honor values should remain as they are for all rarities of crew, but there should be a multiplier to account for the time, effort and expense put into a crew for each 20 levels achieved. So if you wanted to dismiss crew immediately after they drop the honor would remain the same, but if you wanted to take the time and expense to level them there would be a greater payoff. But, it would come at a cost beyond the time and expense. It would take a crew slot to hold them while you work on them. So if you were at the maximum slots, you would have to move someone to cryo to pull someone from overflow to work on them. Sacrificing a slot it definitely a hardship in this game so it's a price you would pay for more honor.

Level 20 - 2x Honor
Level 40 - 3x Honor
Level 60 - 4x Honor
Level 80 - 5x Honor
Level 100 - 6x Honor

So it would look like this

1* Crew
Level 1-19 - 25 honor
Level 20-39 - 50 honor
Level 40-59 - 75 honor
Level 60-79 - 100 honor
Level 80-99 - 125 honor
Level 100 - 150 honor

2* Crew
Level 1-19 - 50 honor
Level 20-39 - 100 honor
Level 40-59 - 150 honor
Level 60-79 - 200 honor
Level 80-99 - 250 honor
Level 100 - 300 honor

3* Crew
Level 1-19 - 100 honor
Level 20-39 - 200 honor
Level 40-59 - 300 honor
Level 60-79 - 400 honor
Level 80-99 - 500 honor
Level 100 - 600 honor

4* Crew
Level 1-19 - 200 honor
Level 20-39 - 400 honor
Level 40-59 - 600 honor
Level 60-79 - 800 honor
Level 80-99 - 1,000 honor
Level 100 - 1,200 honor

5* Crew
Level 1-19 - 550 honor
Level 20-39 - 1,100 honor
Level 40-59 - 1,650 honor
Level 60-79 - 2,200 honor
Level 80-99 - 2,850 honor
Level 100 - 3,300 honor

3,300 honor may sound like a lot, but the time and expense of getting a 5* crew to level 100 is considerable.

Comments

• MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Good idea.
    Since the honor system is the worst part of the game.
    It takes me about one MONTH to get a legendary honorable citation; a single star for a 5 stars crew.
    Since the 5 stars characters will mostly need 4 of these it's FOUR MONTHS to get a 5 stars immortal.
    To get ONE of them.
    At most you get by this mean 3 in one year. Yeah ...
    And this is if you dedicate all honors to that.
    Twisted.
    So your idea -should- be implemented in some way.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Good idea.
    Since the honor system is the worst part of the game.
    It takes me about one MONTH to get a legendary honorable citation; a single star for a 5 stars crew.
    Since the 5 stars characters will mostly need 4 of these it's FOUR MONTHS to get a 5 stars immortal.
    To get ONE of them.
    At most you get by this mean 3 in one year. Yeah ...
    And this is if you dedicate all honors to that.
    Twisted.
    So your idea -should- be implemented in some way.

Oh god, you're right. I remember the days when there was no honor, and no megas, and it took me four months on a monthly card to get my *first* legendary crew ever!

So... that's a no from me.

The fact that you can get a star on any legendary you have, even ones released with extremely limited availability, is enough. It's more than enough. It's effing awesome.

Free legendaries! Holy cow!

Take a moment to cherish what you have, yeah?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw there were citations in our inventory back then but I had no idea how to get one. You would getctraibers for dumping a legendary. OUCH!!!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dropped a good amount of cash on packs to immortalize Crell Moset, Grand Nagus Rom, and Mirror Kirk. I used DYC’s to finish T’Kuvma, Kortar, and the Borg Queen. Using honor to finish all of the mega event legendaries since then as well as RAF O’Brien, Yarnek, AoS Crusher (aided by two surprise drops from the portal), and (eventually) Mirror Cochrane has been a breeze by comparison - especially with giant chunks of honor from achievements.

Could the rates be adjusted without breaking the game? I think so. And I do understand wanting to recoup the expense of leveling someone, having equipped plenty more 5* crew than I could ever immortalize in a reasonable time or at a bearable cost. But is this really a problem or just a desire to get more honor before conducting a massive crew purge?
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    It's just that 4 months for one character is too long.
    Like this you can never have a decent amount of 5 stars immortals even if you already play for months.
    5 bucks / months is way enough paying for a smartphone game but with that you cant have a decent team in a reasonable time.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Like this you can never have a decent amount of 5 stars immortals even if you already play for months.
    5 bucks / months is way enough paying for a smartphone game but with that you cant have a decent team in a reasonable time.

Even if you spend hundreds each month the honor isn't enough to come close to FF all your 5* crew. I'm VIP 14 many times over and the amount of honor it would take for me to FF all my Legendary is over 16 million honor.

Even if you spend hundreds each month the honor isn't enough to come close to FF all your 5* crew. I'm VIP 14 many times over and the amount of honor it would take for me to FF all my Legendary is over 16 million honor.

The twice bought $10 for $10 helped me out in this department. I am now down to 300,000 honor for total crew immortalization.

• MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    The twice bought $10 for $10 helped me out in this department. I am now down to 300,000 honor for total crew immortalization.
    I never found any honor to buy.
    How did you reach 300K honors ? 6 months sparing ?

It takes quite a while. So those 20 pulls prolly got me around 16 or 18000 honor. Yes, 300,000 feels like a long way away.

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes quite a while. So those 20 pulls prolly got me around 16 or 18000 honor. Yes, 300,000 feels like a long way away.

Not as far away as 16 million!

Not as far away as 16 million!

Yes that is quite a bit farther away

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea in the original post.
    Its a fair solution
    I wish we could dismiss immortalized crew. I have about 40 super rares that most likely will never be event crew. I would gladly take the 32,000 honor for them. But I get it. I’ve already claimed collection stuff from them and dilithium from achievements.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could dismiss immortalized crew. I have about 40 super rares that most likely will never be event crew. I would gladly take the 32,000 honor for them. But I get it. I’ve already claimed collection stuff from them and dilithium from achievements.

Bless your heart, Banjo, but you certainly have some... "unconventional" ideas about super-rares. :D

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Data1001 wrote: »

Bless your heart, Banjo, but you certainly have some... "unconventional" ideas about super-rares. :D

Well if they are not likely to be event crew.....only reason I get and keep them is for the nostalgia but that wears off. I suppose they come in handy for expeditions too