Home The Bridge
Options

Hard to Level

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
This week's event crew are tough. O'Brien seems to be expensive in all his forms. Prisoner is especially bad.

And Mintaakin Riker has need for a ton of hard to get parts for his lowest uniform levels.

I hope they are worth it.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure those are this weeks event crew?
  • Options
    By this week, I mean next week. All my Augment crew are fully equipped as are my Sevens. I hit threshold. For me, this week is over.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. Gotcha. Well you’ll get plenty of use out of them. 6 days worth.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I have all O'Briens done but had a couple of Rikers that I wasn't done with yet. Have Age of Sail Riker at 90 and Admiral Riker at 80 so working on them right now.

I tend to level in themes. Like I'll work on just Klingons or just Janeways, etc. if I think there is an event coming up. Current theme is main cast. Other than the Rikers, my remaining main cast or likely event crew to level are:

Warship Chakotay (at 100 but needs 2 items)
    Katrine (90)
    Undercover Sulu (80)
    Nyota Uhura (80)
    Gunslinger Uhura (80)
    First Officer Chekov (70)
    Durango Troi (50)
    Interfaced Barclay (50)
    Loque'eque Sato (40)

The rest of my unleveled crew are one-offs.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, certain themes may make it harder to level. I have 3x 5* LaForges right now sitting at level 90 because they all need the exact same 4* equipment to make the same 5* equipment.

Bell Riots Jadzia was surprisingly easy to level until I got her to level 90. There she will sit for a few weeks...

Mys worst PITAs: Tempted Data, Duchamps, Mirror Janeway, Undercover O'Brien and of course Proton Paris.

Since we have gotten more Replicator privileges from the Starbases, life has been infinitely easier to level some of these guys!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just immortalized General Martok and I haven't hated levelling someone that much probably since I tried to level Bashir, Julian Bashir with his god-awful 5* Kukalaka.

Marty needed so many 2* Bloodwines which wasn't half as bad as all the 0* Gagh he needed. 2* Bloodwines drop relatively regularly via only the KCA faction, but 0* Gagh even though it is a faction-only item rarely drops from the KCA.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just immortalized General Martok and I haven't hated levelling someone that much probably since I tried to level Bashir, Julian Bashir with his god-awful 5* Kukalaka.

Marty needed so many 2* Bloodwines which wasn't half as bad as all the 0* Gagh he needed. 2* Bloodwines drop relatively regularly via only the KCA faction, but 0* Gagh even though it is a faction-only item rarely drops from the KCA.

Uh-oh. I airlocked a multiple-starred version of him some months back, but then since I've gotten all my remaining crew FE in the interim, I've been considering working on a few that I dumped earlier. He is one of them — currently sitting at level 1, 1/4 — but after reading this, you've given me pause.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Too bad we can’t exchange airlocked crew within our squad or fleet.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I'm not sure what I'd consider hard to equip anymore. Anything with a very high build cost I would still replicate though. Something like a 5* Kukalaka costs 215K to build. At that point you're better off tossing 3000 basic spices into the replicator and pay the extra 35K for replication.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I'm not sure what I'd consider hard to equip anymore. Anything with a very high build cost I would still replicate though. Something like a 5* Kukalaka costs 215K to build. At that point you're better off tossing 3000 basic spices into the replicator and pay the extra 35K for replication.

I’m the same way. I’ll look at something and think “hellz no!” and replicate the nasty ones
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before the event with all Klingons as bonus crew (Killy's event?) I was working on General Martok, KDF Gowron and Undercover O'Brien all at the same time. They all need 5* Klingon disruptor rifles (O'Brien needed two) and those guns are brutal to build. I flat out replicated 3 of the 4.

Currently, I've been working on Formal Dress Wesley and he is not fun to level.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replicator has made leveling much easier, for sure — but there are still some pesky crew who require a lot of items with faction-only sub-items. This means that even sometimes in a best-case scenario (assuming you've got 8 rep uses a day), it can still take 2 or 3 days to level them.

More often than you'd think, Legendaries can be easier to level than super-rares, or even rares. For example, I was pleasantly surprised to discover how easy The Caretaker was to get fully-equipped (don't hate me, but I was lucky enough to get him on two of my accounts in the past month). B)

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    With replicator, the difficult part is how faction items are spread out as opposed to the total count. 24 of a faction item split 8 for one and 16 for another, that's 2 replications and done. If it's 24 individual items and I need 24 replications, that's a pain.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    With replicator, the difficult part is how faction items are spread out as opposed to the total count. 24 of a faction item split 8 for one and 16 for another, that's 2 replications and done. If it's 24 individual items and I need 24 replications, that's a pain.

Yep. That's the problem I've encountered in a nutshell with certain crew.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14] Bri wrote: »
    This guy, I’ve leveled most of the tough guys on our list, but for some reason Cyrus became an absolute thorn in my side. Since I leveled him I’ve leveled perhaps 10x 4* and 3x 5* and they’ve all felt great in comparison.

Sometimes it’s nice to toil over someone who isn’t worth half the trouble, because it makes the other guys relatively enjoyable to complete,

95a79ngcj29q.jpeg

Agree 100%. I didn’t do myself any favors by trying to do Yarnek at the same time (I was excited) but there are multiple legendary characters that I felt were easier than Cyrus Redblock.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to buy most of all my Gagh from the Faction Outpost (I just recently FFFEd him too)

Right now Medical Experiments are my latinum, I'm working on building physicians and augments at the same time. (I must be drunk)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    For me nothing will ever beat Dr. La Forge, pre: ad warp, gauntlet, replicator, voyage, and gravitic caliper recipe change. I think he cost like 13k chronos on the estimate tools/wiki back then. I swear I spent like 8 days doing nothing else.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found Klingon Quark an absolute pain. I started levelling him because he was event crew and I already had him (think he was the first event crew I ever had before the event actually started) he's still sitting at lvl 100 with the Last 4 items needed. Now 3/4 and I NEVER use him......
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chancellor Gowron was a Pain in the proverbial! Proton Paris also springs to mind, I air-locked a duplicate 4/4 Proton just because I couldn't face leveling him again!
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Chancellor Gowron was a Pain in the proverbial! Proton Paris also springs to mind, I air-locked a duplicate 4/4 Proton just because I couldn't face leveling him again!

I remember having trouble scrounging up 2* casings for Captain Proton...I am swimming in them now, of course.
  • Options
    I've found Klingon Quark an absolute pain. I started levelling him because he was event crew and I already had him (think he was the first event crew I ever had before the event actually started) he's still sitting at lvl 100 with the Last 4 items needed. Now 3/4 and I NEVER use him......

He has been my most frustrating. I finally got him finished a week or so ago. I don't think I used him since the last Klingon event. ...but he tasked me.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Working on Martok right now myself... the bloodwines are killing me. It's funny because the crew cost calculator has him at "Average" when much easier crew are listed as "Difficult"

Time to go spam some more KCA missions...
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I hated leveling the Changeling Founder. Interfaced Barclay seemed to eat up chrons and credits.

Theres a lot of 4 star characters that have annoying items in the 60’s and 70’s where I just give up and they sit for a while before I commit resources to just finish them.

Agent Harris and GI Chakotay sat for a long time
  • Options
    Proton Paris was awful - definitely the worst. Undercover O'Brien and Martok were both rough and got stuck at 90 for a while. La Forges are tough. Kukalakas have been challenging for Bashirs....

Proton Paris was the worst of them all, though.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proton Paris was awful - definitely the worst. Undercover O'Brien and Martok were both rough and got stuck at 90 for a while. La Forges are tough. Kukalakas have been challenging for Bashirs....

Proton Paris was the worst of them all, though.

132 0* holoprograms is definitely an lol
  • Options
    For me nothing will ever beat Dr. La Forge, pre: ad warp, gauntlet, replicator, voyage, and gravitic caliper recipe change. I think he cost like 13k chronos on the estimate tools/wiki back then. I swear I spent like 8 days doing nothing else.

I decided to build the 5* hyperspanner and 5* toolbox for both Doctor and Lt. Commander. Sure enough, Captain La Forge event right after I finish both of them. Had to build a third hyperspanner, toolbox, and another 5* implant.

Crew leveling is easy now.
  • Options
    Proton Effing Paris. You know, for someone that hard to level, you'd think his stats would be good enough to keep around. Nope. Straight to the freezer. I couldn't even get any pleasure out of it when I finally finished him.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proton Effing Paris. You know, for someone that hard to level, you'd think his stats would be good enough to keep around. Nope. Straight to the freezer. I couldn't even get any pleasure out of it when I finally finished him.

I've actually found Proton Paris to be useful in the Arena. His ship equipment bonuses are very good in addition to his +8 evasion.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends