Home Ready Room
Options

Do * increase ship stats

I almost have my next legendary citation, and I’m torn between adding a star to Guinan (currently 3*) or to Killy (also 3*). Guinan is one of my main Gauntlet go to character, but Killy rocks in Arena, and in the skirmish event. But would an additional star help Killy’s ship stats? Tried researching this, but hadn’t found a thread that addressed this specifically.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked for it, too. It seems that each star increases the ship abilities. Check the crew page on the wiki for each crew.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding stars increases the active stat (attack, accuracy, evasion), meaning the stat increase that has a timer associated with it, but not the "equipment bonus" stats, which are passive stats (meaning they are an "always-on" addition to your ship's abilities).

So if you add a star to Killy, her active attack stat will increase by 1, but her passive stats will remain the same.
  • Options
    Acer wrote: »
    I almost have my next legendary citation, and I’m torn between adding a star to Guinan (currently 3*) or to Killy (also 3*). Guinan is one of my main Gauntlet go to character, but Killy rocks in Arena, and in the skirmish event. But would an additional star help Killy’s ship stats? Tried researching this, but hadn’t found a thread that addressed this specifically.

Adding another star to Guinan will not improve her gauntlet stats - that's based on proficiency alone, and the star count does not matter in gauntlet, only the equipment and level, ... another star will improve her voyage and base stats though
  • Options
    This might not be the best thread to ask, but I can't see where I could start a new one -- this is also an arena related question.

If I'm using 2 different crew on battlestations on my ship activated at the same time, one with 10% attack speed bonus and another one with 15% attack speed bonus, will they stack up to 25%, or just stay at the higher value ? ... which in this case will be 15% - same goes for crit stacking or other bonus abilities ....

I already know the active value multipliers , like +9 attack will not stack with another +7 attack, or so , but will only take in account the highest value - it's about the crew's specific bonus abilities I'm wondering if they stack for same type of bonus -- thank you
  • Options
    bonuses do not stack.. just the higher value takes effect.
  • Options
    thank you
  • Options
    EddNogEddNog ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    bonuses do not stack.. just the higher value takes effect.

Really? Because I've found that I absolutely crush battles in the Captain Arena by kicking in all four attack speed crew boosters at the same time. When I activate all four at once, my attack rate goes into complete hyper-drive. Could it be possible that it will stack the attack speed bonus for different type cards? In my example, I have one card that provides attack bonus (red), one that provides accuracy bonus (yellow) and two that provide evasion bonus (blues), all with varying amounts of attack speed increase (15%, 20% or 25%). Is it possible that it is combining the attack speed boost from the red card, the yellow card and whichever blue card is higher?

-Ed