Home Engineering Room
Options

In game search function doesn't find "O'Brien".

In game search function doesn't find "O'Brien" - even though I have the card for Prisoner O'Brien up diectly to the left while I'm doing the search.

Comments

• Options
    It doesn't find any in the cryostasis vault either.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine did earlier this afternoon

vb6up15dm317.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I restarted the game and still nothing. I've got 5 different O'Brien's and none are showing up. It seems to be working for everyone else I try.
  • Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ok ... interesting. I switched from the stock Apple keyboard on my iPhone 6, to an aftermarket keyboard app, and it worked. It must be how it's reading the apostrophe on my iPhone. I did a test and T'Pol didn't work either.
  • Options
    Thanks (10F) Seven of One!
  • Options
    Might be something for tech support to look into.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    Ok ... interesting. I switched from the stock Apple keyboard on my iPhone 6, to an aftermarket keyboard app, and it worked. It must be how it's reading the apostrophe on my iPhone. I did a test and T'Pol didn't work either.

I would agree with that statement...special characters can be trouble with search/sorting functions. I just search for “brien” and get the same results, though that may not work as well for T’Pol.
  • Options
    Yeah, I had to search "Brien" as well. iPhone user.
  • Options
    Concur. Apple's default keyboard apostrophe does not match the one being used by DB, so therefore no match results.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had to search "Brien" as well. iPhone user.

Same
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I was lazy, I never attempted "O'Brien", just "Brien" cause I knew that was a rare character string.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Yeah, if you hold and press the apostrophe on iPhone, you can select a different one.

Interestingly, bots on Discord typically have the same issue.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    '

`

Yikes.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha! Well then ..
    I played with this a bit and on my ipad mini 2 I worked around it by going in settings, keyboard, and then uncheck : Use Smart punctuation.

Letting the team know.
  • Options
    err, I think you'll find it's an iApostrophe and it's so much cooler that the normal one. I don't even care that it costs £4.99 per use. Worth it.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...