Home The Bridge
Options

Wiki is down?

kobakoba ✭✭✭
Hi. Wiki is down, or is there problem on my side?
Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault

Comments

• Options
    ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    It's down
  • Options
    Down for me as well
    Cymru am byth
  • Options
    Down for me...not even getting an error code!
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    Working for me.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    It's working for me, but it is loading slower than normal.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    No problems here at all. I assume whatever it was, it's been fixed.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It’s been back up for me for a little while now, though very, very slow.

Slightly off topic (or not?) but if the wiki folks need any support with hosting costs I’d be willing to do a whip-round in fleet. It’s been a hugely valuable tool since its conception.
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    I too think the wiki should have strong background. I personally regret we left the gamepedia community.

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    Wiki is down for me today, but worked yesterday?!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Correction,working but super sloooooowwwww
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    Fuzzy Moo wrote: »
    Wiki is down for me today, but worked yesterday?!

Yesterday was down, then working properly and today is working with speed similar to probability of getting legendary crewmember from the "best chance" packs.

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s down for me again. This time getting cloudflare errors.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been down for me all day...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Wiki is fully funded for another year, I can personally attest to that.

I think part of the problem is more and more fleets are getting bots, like on Discord, and absolutely hammering the crap out of it with stat requests and lookups. I'll work back with the admin team to see what can be done.

So in other words "it wasnt me...the bots did it!"
  • Options
    This is where Skynet begins...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there no way to limit bot/api access, Frank? I mean, it's great that so many people are getting so much use from the wiki, but since we all rely upon this resource so heavily, it would seem to make sense to me that the heaviest users do their part not to overload the thing and kill the little vermin running on the treadmills inside the server to keep it going.

Certain "power users" could be granted unlimited access (such as Izausome's fantastic Crew Cost Finder), but maybe other bots could be limited to a number of uses per hour and/or per day? You could also have tiers where levels of donation to the site could unlock more hits per day. It'd be a small price to pay, to make sure everything kept running smoothly.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    izausomeizausome ✭✭✭
    Im sure they can add a rate limiter, but most bots only update one to 4 times a day. Not sure if its bots causing this issue.

The crew cost page only hits the wiki for around 15 mins, 4 times a day, so it wouldn't cause slowdowns.
  • Options
    izausome wrote: »
    Im sure they can add a rate limiter, but most bots only update one to 4 times a day. Not sure if its bots causing this issue.

The crew cost page only hits the wiki for around 15 mins, 4 times a day, so it wouldn't cause slowdowns.

Another thing is, right now it might take longer for bots to get the info they need if the wiki is running slow.

I also know that sometimes troubleshooting with bots can lead to increased usage, since you have to purge their memory to fix things sometimes.