Home Ready Room
Options

Expedition Strategy

FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
Its been awhile since I participated in an Expedition Event (and if I recall, it tended to be tedious to just get through one ticket.)

But as I'm de-icing some of the event crew (like Rikers and O'Briens) I'm debating on dusting off the 2* Riker.

Is it worthwhile to bring out 2* characters to muddle through the first tier Away Missions (banking on their reduced fatigue rate) or just muddle through with the non-Bonus characters in my crew?
Intentionally Left Blank

Comments

• Options
    I believe versions of event characters get a VP bonus as well, so I pulled mine out of storage.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, that would mean 1*s would have some benefit in the first tier. Good point.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Lt. Thomas Riker count as a Riker? Most of his life he was Will, after all.
  • Options
    Usually any version will get a small bonus on the missions, but the event crew will get the biggest bonus. For instance, on the Epic level, a non-bonus crew will get 1000 VP for completing the node. A version of the featured crew will get 1500 for completing the node, and event crew will get 2000 for completing a node.

Since there are about 100 Rikers and O'Briens, many players will be able to get through the nodes getting mostly bonus crew VP, so dust off the 1* and 2* versions if you're short on the rarer versions. Like Matt said, if you have enough 4* crew, you probably won't use the 1 and 2*, but why not have them just in case?

The first time through you'll have to complete the missions in order to unlock them all, but once you have, start at the last epic and work your way back to maximize the crew's potential.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since February so I've not seen an expedition before. I've watched a couple of videos on YouTube and my fleet have been really helpful so I have somewhat of an idea what to do.

I really am low on bonus crew. I've only two augments FE (Bashir 4/5 and Young Khan 3/4) may work on Sarina, Roga and 3/3 O'Brien today but I keep getting distracted by my shiny new Keeper who only needs 3 more equipment before he's FE.....
    I've two o'briens and an Angel Riker but as they're both 1/4 I've not bothered with them yet. I've spent the last two weeks focusing on my FF SRs and Sarina and AOS La Forge are the last two I have to finish. Am probs not going to rank terribly high so my goal is to finish Bashir and hopefully get one or two FF purples out of this
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raven is right ... one of the key things is after your first ticket work backwards ... start at the hardest mission you could open on the first run (if you are a beginner you might not make all missions, especially on Epic).

Also ... we knew we had a combo of Expedition and Faction (and Galaxy) as the last event ... there should be no excuse that you've not fully levelled all your Augments and Roga Danar. If you've not done so get cracking if you want to do well ... even 1/4s or 3* crew will be of benefit (see the new Khan or 3* Bashir/O'Brien!) ... if you are new at this then 2*s will even be of use just because of the fact that they do not tire as quickly as non-event crew. Expedition lets you get the most out of a very broad crew ... and Faction doubles all associated crew base stats so they can often end up being better than some of your top crew, even at 2/4 or 3* (see Khan - in my case he'll have around 1100 CMD!).

I'm not going to defrost 2*s (Riker & Persis) ... but my 3*s will come out to join the event for the first 2 phases (though they won't see much action during the Faction phase I think).
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOTE that Sarina Douglas, Raquetball Bashir and Future Bashir are ONLY featured crew with Science ability, so may need to defrost them!

I saw that early on, SCI is at a premium.

I rarely pull out the 2*s, but I thought, hey, this is a different kind of event, maybe they might help. Worse case, I put them back when the threshold rewards start coming.

Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    My first expedition event, so I have a question - Can the crew participating in the event also go on voyage/shuttles, like we did for skirmishes, and still be available for the event missions, or they need to stay home for availability of use ?
  • Options
    My first expedition event, so I have a question - Can the crew participating in the event also go on voyage/shuttles, like we did for skirmishes, and still be available for the event missions, or they need to stay home for availability of use ?

I believe they need to be available the same way they would need to be if you were running the regular away missions without warping.
  • Options
    So far crew on shuttles/voyages have been locked out for the expedition event.
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭

Note that it works the same for the Galaxy phase of the Event, where a crew member on a Shuttle/Voyage cannot be used to build a recipe. Basically you just need to time things so that your crew are available when you want to work on the Event.

To complete the loop on this, crew on a Voyage cannot be assigned to a Shuttle during the Faction phase of the Event.
  • Options
    Irial wrote: »

Note that it works the same for the Galaxy phase of the Event, where a crew member on a Shuttle/Voyage cannot be used to build a recipe. Basically you just need to time things so that your crew are available when you want to work on the Event.

To complete the loop on this, crew on a Voyage cannot be assigned to a Shuttle during the Faction phase of the Event.

I know how overall crew availability works for faction, galaxy and skirmishes , only expedition is new to me, and I was not sure about it. Thank you for the thorough clarification
  • Options
    Hi,

is it possible to save up on your tickets and use all on the last day of the expedition event?
    Thanks!

Greets
    HP
  • Options
    HPR1860 wrote: »
    Hi,

is it possible to save up on your tickets and use all on the last day of the expedition event?
    Thanks!

Greets
    HP

In previous expeditions, the tickets reset at the end of each day like cadet or arena tickets, so the answer is probably not.
  • Options
    I found a strategy that works for me.

TICKET 1
    3* 1st mission, then 2nd and so in to unlock epic using the lowest crew possible.
    Repeat with Elite then Epic

ALL OTHER TICKETS
    Finish unlocking Epic if needed
    If unlocked all with 1st ticket work backwards starting with the Epic mission that ipuses the highest crew you have and able to succeed in.

When you do this you will find it easy to pick out new crew for a mission since one used crew is moved down in the list of availability.

In this event I actually rarely use the event crew.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    unacornz wrote: »

Owch! You know you're leaving VP on the table?
  • Options
    Help, First time doing an expedition. I've 3* all levels. Am I suppose to cancel event now and start over? I thought when I finished all levels it would say something.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    unacornz wrote: »
    I cleaned table with 2/4 Leeta for Com and 1/4 Riker for Eng. Well and good enough starbase. Past 1st I ever used small bonus crew only for non-VP nodes with exception of Sarina for Sci. Unlike last Expedition this one do not require much crew-wise to get everything.
    Help, First time doing an expedition. I've 3* all levels. Am I suppose to cancel event now and start over? I thought when I finished all levels it would say something.
    Well, you can continue to farm 100/50/25 points for completion so it does not say anything because of that. Do not recommend it though, it's pretty annoying for low gain and with Galaxy at the end.

So, yes, cancel and star gaining stars on new ticket.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    On the event entry page, next to the picture of Augment O'Brien, there is a box with three stars and a number. Can anyone tell me what it means?

It's probably something obvious but I don't get it. :blush:
  • Options
    On the event entry page, next to the picture of Augment O'Brien, there is a box with three stars and a number. Can anyone tell me what it means?

It's probably something obvious but I don't get it. :blush:

I think this used to matter when there was voting at the end of expedition events. The more stars you had, the more your votes counted. It's probably just a holdover from previous events and is meaningless now as I haven't heard anything about voting during this event.
  • Options
    Ah, thanks! So I'm not missing anything important then.