Home The Bridge
Options

How to find unneeded gear?

Is there an easy way to find unneeded specific gear, aka threshold gear from already immortalized crew so I can use it as replicator fodder?

Comments

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I'm aware of, but you're not the first to raise this. I believe there's a related thread in the "Make it so!" section of the forum.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they tweak the threshold rewards so I don't get items long after I build them than focus on letting me get cents on the dollar by feeding them to the replicator.
  • Options
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    Is there an easy way to find unneeded specific gear, aka threshold gear from already immortalized crew so I can use it as replicator fodder?

Click on the burger menu, top right of screen (I'm on a phone) and select Inventory.

Filter by equipment, and just go through things. It's not great, but if you select something it appears in the right-hand side panel, and if you click that you get a popover telling you it's stats and who needs it.

If nobody needs it, and it doesn't get used to build anything else, you can probably get rid.

It's not great, and you need to remember what it is when you use the replicator (may be worthwhile setting up a spreadsheet), but you can get the gist.

I'd only do this if hitting close to the 1k limit of types of item though, as you never know if they'll be useful in the future. I've got a couple of 5* Soong's Research and Soong's PADD hoarded just in case we ever get another instance of Arik Soong.
  • Options
    Honestly even the Legendary gear gives such a tiny amount as fuel it's just not worth it - I only use trainers these days and hope that someday I'll find a need for the gear
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Honestly even the Legendary gear gives such a tiny amount as fuel it's just not worth it - I only use trainers these days and hope that someday I'll find a need for the gear

Have they fixed the issues that occur when you reach 1000 individual items? Fear of this is why I try to throw some of the crew-specific things into the replicator (like, why do I even have 8 basic Seven of Nine suits?).
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skizzy wrote: »

Have they fixed the issues that occur when you reach 1000 individual items? Fear of this is why I try to throw some of the crew-specific things into the replicator (like, why do I even have 8 basic Seven of Nine suits?).

I don’t recall any announcement about it being fixed.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at 1070/1000 items right now. Everything is fine but quick building fails half the time.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've started throwing some of that junk in the replicator. If you're not sure what it is, just before you hit Confirm on the replicator screen you can click the item to see the description.
  • Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    I've started throwing some of that junk in the replicator. If you're not sure what it is, just before you hit Confirm on the replicator screen you can click the item to see the description.

If you click on the item (at least on my android) it only removes it, it does not tell you what it is.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogaDanar wrote: »

If you click on the item (at least on my android) it only removes it, it does not tell you what it is.

Hit Replicate first. Then when the confirm question pops up you can click on the item. You still have the option to cancel at this point.
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    If there is more than one of that item, you can also click on it while adjusting the quantity, but that's not as often the case with rarer items.