Home The Bridge
Options

Galaxy farming challenge

One of my fleetmates set the fleet a challenge to identify the best set of 1-5 character cards, to be kept at a particular level, with a particular set of items unequipped, purely to serve as handy shortcuts to the missions that gather Galaxy Event mission items. The ideal set would cover, with the fewest cards, the vast majority of items and missions for Galaxy events. Knowing this was beyond my capacity for attention to detail, I immediately thought of this forum community, some of whom may already have this worked out. This seems like information everyone could benefit from, so does anyone have any suggestions?

I also thought something similar might be really useful for those 'Never enough of ' items like basic holoprograms, 2* warnog, 2* security codes etc etc...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Comments

• Options
    Buster Kimcaid is a 3* Sec Code farm for me. Anyone with alcohol is a decent shortcut for replicating ancient film
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just identify the items, and look them up in the Wiki? Granted it is down today, but normally, the items have a list of the missions needed to obtain them.

Off the top of my head:
    0*: Casing, Sensor, Plasma Torch, Hyperspanner, Optronic Data Core
    1*: Spices, Phaser type1, Novel, Toolbox

Those are some of the ones I run into common to most galaxy events (again, that I can remember.)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just identify the items, and look them up in the Wiki? Granted it is down today, but normally, the items have a list of the missions needed to obtain them.

Off the top of my head:

Those are some of the ones I run into common to most galaxy events (again, that I can remember.)

1* Database, 0* Variable Field Dampener, and 0* Cortical Monitor all come to mind as well.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Off the top of my head:

1* Database, 0* Variable Field Dampener, and 0* Cortical Monitor all come to mind as well.

I don't think the OP is looking for a list of items that come up in Galaxy recipes, but rather crew who they can keep at a certain level and then just use one of their items to automatically go to those missions which drop those items — rather than having to go to the wiki, check the best mission, then go to the Galaxy map, and locate that mission. I can see it'd save a few steps.

But personally I just do my pre-farming in a series of 10-warps. Go to the missions that provide the items I'm needing, then do a bunch of 10-warps to stock up. Having to keep a crew member solely as a "shortcut" to a particular mission seems more trouble than it's worth, but that's just me.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Off the top of my head:

I don't think the OP is looking for a list of items that come up in Galaxy recipes, but rather crew who they can keep at a certain level and then just use one of their items to automatically go to those missions which drop those items — rather than having to go to the wiki, check the best mission, then go to the Galaxy map, and locate that mission. I can see it'd save a few steps.

But personally I just do my pre-farming in a series of 10-warps. Go to the missions that provide the items I'm needing, then do a bunch of 10-warps to stock up. Having to keep a crew member solely as a "shortcut" to a particular mission seems more trouble than it's worth, but that's just me.

You’re not wrong, which is why I listed other common Galaxy recipe items that came to mind so that a comprehensive list of crew that use Galaxy recipe items for equipment construction could be created.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    The short coming is there isn’t a ‘Get’ option for items in the Inventory screen and going to the galaxy map and hunting for the mission every time is taxing. I keep a number of untrained and unfused 3* and 4* crew in the roster just to farm commonly used Galaxy event items.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The problem with the OP's idea is that eventually dabo or gauntlet will give you the completed item, and then you'll only have an equip button not an option to see all the items to farm.

just throw them in the replicator eh?
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    I made myself a list with all Galaxy items ever used (it's not that many) including their best farming mission. When a Galaxy starts I identify the used items, farm all the items needed setting a max amount of chrons I want to spend and click away.
    No need to keep crew at a certain level. I do this on for "special" non-Galaxy items like Subcutaneous Transponders and similar.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The problem with the OP's idea is that eventually dabo or gauntlet will give you the completed item, and then you'll only have an equip button not an option to see all the items to farm.

If you don't train that crew you will end up with only the first item available for equipment. The others can be farmed even if you accidentally get a drop thru dabo or gauntlet.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The short coming is there isn’t a ‘Get’ option for items in the Inventory screen and going to the galaxy map and hunting for the mission every time is taxing. I keep a number of untrained and unfused 3* and 4* crew in the roster just to farm commonly used Galaxy event items.

Exactly! If there were other ways to get to the missions of interest, work-arounds would be unneeded. For example, I'm currently farming 3* polymers from 'Arms Race' (bonus: holoemitters) for one of Romulan Picard's items. He needs 2 of them, I have 8 now, but I seem to run out of this item a lot, so I'm farming it until it reaches 12 or so. It's a 20-chron mission, so I'm just doing it via ad-warp rather than warp-10, so it'll take a day or two to reach my target. Until I decided to share this story with all of you, I had no idea what episode Arms Race was a part of (episode 4), never mind which mission within the episode - I don't bother to look at that info. So if I don't have a crew member that needs the item as part of a build, I'm usually not farming it, 'cause I don't remember where it drops from. Sure, I could look it up on the wiki (and have done so in the past), but the point is that we shouldn't have to do that. I know it'll never change because it adds no value to the game from DB's perspective, but that's my 2 cents. Rant over.
  • Options
    I’ve kept my Thot Gor around level 60 for months for this reason; he’s good for a lot of the basics like databases, polyalloys, and ID codes, translation algorithms, etc. and also allows for replicating encoded communiques and security codes to stock up on them

I also replicate as many champagnes and social lessons as I can when they come up to save on holodeck programs

Specific to this event, Chief O’brien has a lot of faction-only items and it’s usually a good idea to have some replicated single pot whiskeys on hand and he’s good for those too
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP suggested method has the advantage of letting you know how many of that item you have without searching through inventory.