Home Engineering Room
Options

Equipment Rewards from the Gauntlet

IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
Recently I received a 5* Equipment from the Gauntlet that was not usable by any of my current crew. Specifically, 5* Riker's Earring. This equipment is only used by Angel 1 Riker. This version of Riker I've had tucked away in the vault for many months now.

In the past if an equipment dropped from the Gauntlet it was always for a crew that needed that item. For that reason I will usually keep a few crew with unfinished 4/5* equipment. The Dabo Wheel works in a similar fashion. I have 6 crew currently with 7 unfinished 5* items.

I asked customer service for a replacement but was told that the Gauntlet rewards are strictly random. Is CS in error? Or was there an unannounced change to the Gauntlet?

The Gauntlet information tab still says that it will give an Equippable item not a Random item.
VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals

Comments

• Options
    It's never happened with a 5* item for me (which I believe I've only gotten once anyway), but I get 0* and 1* items which are not equippable by anyone all the time even if I have people who need items of that rarity. That said, I don't think a 5* item should be that random.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this just happened again last night. I got a 5* Phaser Rifle. While this item is more "generic", it appears to be only used by Enterprise-E Picard. I do not have this Picard.

So is it safe to assume that the Gauntlet is no longer a useful source for 5* Equipment?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals