Home Make It So!
Options

Expedition Crew Selection

Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
Crew sorting in the selection screen for expeditions makes it very difficult to "optimally" play. None of the event crew for the current event, save Bashir, is anywhere near the top of my lists. The event 4*s (Augment Riker and Mirror Leeta) are especially hard to find given their relatively low scores.

That said, they would all be VERY USEFUL in the event given the 1.5x or 2x score multipliers they grant for each star they clear.

In every single other crew selection opportunity, optimal crew are sorted to the top. In this case, crew with the highest stats aren't necessarily the "optimal" crew to pick. Bonus crew should always be sorted to the top of the list and easily accessible.

Comments

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. This is my first expedition and its taking longer to find the crew I want to use than it is to actually play the mission.....didn't realise finding crew is the reason why its such a grind :D
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Looking for Augment Riker is awful in the middle of my crew quarters, and the fact that they move around as they tire makes it 500x worse.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skizzy wrote: »
    Looking for Augment Riker is awful in the middle of my crew quarters, and the fact that they move around as they tire makes it 500x worse.

Yeah, that's been the 2nd biggest pain of Expedition events for me. Wish they could re-code it so it remembered your choices like Skirmishes do.

I do recall in the last Expedition, I made a mental note when selecting crew: "Okay, for Uhura, hit 'page down' twice, then scroll up once" or some such thing. Made it slightly faster than just scrolling and scrolling and hoping you didn't overshoot. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was exactly the same complaint about the expedition event at Christmas.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2435/expedition-crew-sorting

As well as using non-optimal crew, the extra time it takes, means I will not be able to use my tickets fully. I have just burnt through several tickets on Epic level without doing Normal, and a couple without Elite, because I need to go to bed, to get up for work tomorrow.

It is the crew selection bit that makes me hate expedition events, not the expeditions themselves.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Worst part I believe is the fact that Mission 2: "Weapons at the Ready" has no event crew that has SCI Skill to gain max bonus!

As for scrolling, if they just made the "Bonus Crew" appear at the top of the list, like the Faction Missions, all would be right in the world.

Back to scrolling...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Or if we could mark those crew we want at topp. LIke the "heart" on crew overview
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Or if we could mark those crew we want at topp. LIke the "heart" on crew overview

The problem with a request like that is that it requires an additional UI piece that they have to implement. Just modifying sorting is no additional UI.

I agree, some think like your proposal might be a superior fix, but it would take more development time/effort to implement so it is less likely to actually get done.
  • Options
    garnergarner ✭✭✭
    At least all missions and nodes give the correct VP this time unlike the Christmas fiasco expedition.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go two ways: Either list all bonus crew first, regardless of stats. OR allow us to check a "show bonus crew only" box when selecting. The first one is easier for them to implement.
  • Options
    I'd settle for a simpler solution: Add the search option to the crew selection list!
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agreed.
    It'll never happen. They've already said expeditions will be rare, take time, and cause plenty of grousing (let's see if the filters don't like geese). There's no way in the 9 circles of the abyss they're going to spend a minute updating the UI for expedition events.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. It would be nice to bookmark people you use frequently.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    RabbRabb ✭✭
    Just another example of how clearly nobody with decision-making powers at DB plays the game. What crew selection *really* needs is a search button for Bonus crew. As well as a choice to search for a primary and a secondary stat.

I fear asking for a favourite button will just mean they rope over the favourites from our general crew, meaning that we have to unfavourite our normal favourites to tweak favourites event-by-event.
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Please add a filter or star or heart system...what an utter pain in the tookus...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    I was coming into the forum to post this exact suggestion.

My other BIG suggestion to improve these events even more:

When you finish one mission and click continue and go to the next mission, the same crew should still be loaded for you instead of going back to empty slots. (Just like if you hit Replay, they all stay.) Since event crew get used in most of the missions, it makes sense to just have the crew stay. If you want to switch crew, then having an occupied spot vs an empty spot is no different.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    dubj wrote: »
    I was coming into the forum to post this exact suggestion.

My other BIG suggestion to improve these events even more:

When you finish one mission and click continue and go to the next mission, the same crew should still be loaded for you instead of going back to empty slots.

If you mean the same crew that you used on that next mission the previous time you ran it (and not the same crew from the mission you just completed), then yes, I completely agree. That would make Expeditions much more pleasant to play.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    I love expeditions... but here is the one thing....

Let us favorite crew, so they are at the top, and we don't have to dig down and find them throughout all of our crew.

Or at the very least, put bonus crew at the top -

adding some sort of sorting for expeditions and I could fly through them and enjoy them, having to spend 20 minutes going through the entire list of crew to look for the right ones totally bites...

that is all :smiley:

(added that from my post to here, because I think this is a very important change to expedition events that would make it much more enjoyable for all!!!)
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, much needed. Plus it gets worse as you work your way down from epic to normal and the event crew gets more and more fatigued.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't make us beg.
    3lrmvlhqc9if.gif
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonus crew should just be up at the top.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    This is a nightmare, it tears any sort of enjoyment away from Expedition events. It get even worse the much you use your characters because they change position.

I have 195 crew sitting around and this was miserable
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t even bother using Augment Riker until deeper into each ticket because he was so hard to find, probably leaving a good number of VP unclaimed as a result. With all the COM, SEC, and ENG nodes in the Expedition part of the event, he probably could have been useful, too.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I didn’t even bother using Augment Riker until deeper into each ticket because he was so hard to find, probably leaving a good number of VP unclaimed as a result. With all the COM, SEC, and ENG nodes in the Expedition part of the event, he probably could have been useful, too.

I was able to get "full bonus" from all nodes with 3/4 Leeta (CMD nodes), 4/4 Riker (ENG nodes), and 5/5 Bashir (DIP/SEC nodes) getting the 2x bonus and 4/4 Sarina picking up the SCI nodes at 1.5x

I only bothered doing a couple full clears once it was obvious I would be able to hit the 400k threshold without doing the lowest mission tier. I think I left a few tickets on the table too.
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    I scrolled down to the people who were fatigued with the big red markers. You end up using the same 5 people for these things.
  • Options
    After the first 4 tickets of the event I gave up even using bonus crew and just used whoever was at the top each mission.
  • Options
    One more thing we should consider, is sorting for event crew from the crew quarters and cryostasis.
    This way one could focus on levelling the right crew members and unfreeze those that could be handy for the coming event.

The sort would just get the featured crew, their variants and the crew having the set of traits that will be of use in the event.