Home Past Anomalies
Options

My mistake, no problem

WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Past Anomalies
On the third epic mission the sec node.
Bell Riots Bashir succeeded but did not get crit.

Comments

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Critting a node is more than just succeeding/passing it.

To crit (and get the star) requires you overshoot the required skill by some amount, I can’t remember what that amount is (and it may vary) but off the top of my head 10-20% seems about right.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    That is not the way it works. Success is automatic crit. They changed it a while back.

Some nodes require more others are automatic crit on success.
    Noticed SEC node on epic 4th mission shows the old crit range bar.
    This should mean need higher than success to crit.
    CMD nodes are automatic crit on success.

Looks like it is the old way. Have to have a higher than success roll to succeed. Saw all the old crit range bars on mission 3. Same on mission 2. Same on mission 1. Same on mission 4.

This is still an error. There was no announcement that the old way of critting would be used.
    I am talking about expeditions and not regular missions. Expeditions had been changed to success being automatic crit of node.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The change I think you’re referring to is when they made all crits drop the star?

Before then (quite a while ago now) a crit didn’t guarantee a drop, after the change a crit did guarantee a drop - but you still have to make a crit and not just a success.

[edit - one day I will learn how to spell guarantee first time round]
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep you are correct. It took a few messages for me to realize I made a mistake.
    It was the Crit getting the reward. The complaints I thought I remembered were about event specific crew losing their advantage of always getting the reward with Crit.
    I guess though DB increased the VP reward to make up for it at that time too.