Home The Bridge
Options

The most annoying thing in the expedition

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is to scroll to find the right crew!

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I mentioned in another thread, my method last time was making a note of approximately how many 'page downs' each of your key crew members were. Saves more time than you'd imagine.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially since both Leeta and Riker are in the 600-range...annoying indeed.

Enjoying the expedition otherwise. Actually like the story, recruitig Unimatrix Zero and the Terrans, but it's more of a Voyager story than DS9 at this point (was that the idea all along? No matter who we voted for species 8412 would invade an hijack the event?) , even though we still have no idea who this Augment O'Brien is and why we're working with him (is he from an alternative universe where Khan ruled Earth and the augments can afford tailors? Who knows?)

Only finished one ticket so far, but soon I'll get home for an evening of grindy fun!
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would "that's what she said !". Violate TOS in this context ?
  • Options
    Agreed! I’m an absolute drone for efficiency, and having to keep track of which of my 240 crew members have just enough skill to clear or crit each node is nerve-wracking enough without all of them changing order as they tire
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Especially since both Leeta and Riker are in the 600-range...annoying indeed.

Enjoying the expedition otherwise. Actually like the story, recruitig Unimatrix Zero and the Terrans, but it's more of a Voyager story than DS9 at this point (was that the idea all along? No matter who we voted for species 8412 would invade an hijack the event?) , even though we still have no idea who this Augment O'Brien is and why we're working with him (is he from an alternative universe where Khan ruled Earth and the augments can afford tailors? Who knows?)

Only finished one ticket so far, but soon I'll get home for an evening of grindy fun!

From reading the text Khan had last week, O'Brien was turned into an Augment to help fight Species 8472, which is sort of stupid since it only seems to please whomever over at HQ who enjoys making non-canon Augment versions of established crew *coughAugmentRikercough*.

They should have just done a Voyager themed event. It is quite apparent someone with some pull over there obsesses over Voyager and has a not-so-secret crush on Janeway (and no, before anyone asks, I do not work there, so that is NOT me! lol).
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finding the crew is the worst. I really wish they would add the crew quarter filters to the expedition event
  • Options
    The most annoying thing in the expedition...

12 hours into the event, and someone has posted 2.2 million vp.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most annoying thing in the expedition...

12 hours into the event, and someone has posted 2.2 million vp.

It’s insane. I’m at 230k and I’m tired of searching, picking and tapping.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Agreed! I’m an absolute drone for efficiency, and having to keep track of which of my 240 crew members have just enough skill to clear or crit each node is nerve-wracking enough without all of them changing order as they tire
    2/4 Leeta for Com, 1/4 Riker for Eng, Bashir for Dip/Sec on EVERY node. What decide? It's easy expedition. 3/4 and 2/4 if your starbase is lacking and I'm not even sure about that because of trait bonuses. Finding them on the crew list is ONLY problem.
  • Options
    Correction:

This is the most annoying thing.
    x5csovnfw146.jpg
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB response: "There is just no pleasing some people!~ You asked for a DS9 - Augment event and we gave you Species 8472! And you wanted more crew slots now you complain that you cant find your crew!" :tongue::wink:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to give us a button to limit the crew to just bonus crew
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Correction:

x5csovnfw146.jpg

Poor you! You got a behold rather than a character who would just be converted into honour. I just got Riker (who I already had completed) so would have happily taken an alternative character in a behold if we had the choice.

I just wish we could organise some kind of whip round.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Correction:

x5csovnfw146.jpg

Poor you! You got a behold rather than a character who would just be converted into honour. I just got Riker (who I already had completed) so would have happily taken an alternative character in a behold if we had the choice.

I just wish we could organise some kind of whip round.

Not that his reply even belongs in this thread, but that is just Honor up there. Did you miss the red text that says "Immortalized"?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    They need to give us a button to limit the crew to just bonus crew

I believe that and other QoL adjustments were requested in the old forums.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be a simple thing to have the bonus crew seeded at the top... I cannot fathom why they didn't do this... It does this (somewhat) for galaxy
  • Options
    garnergarner ✭✭✭
    Either a button to filter just to bonus crew, or keep the bonus crew at the top or preferably search function from crew quarters in the mission selection screen.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good ideas in here, but I’m not sure why people are hoping that DB is listening.

if they can’t change up the mission pathways and make sure there’s suitable event crew for all skills (ie SCI in this case), why would they be able to make feature/quality of life changes?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Would be a simple thing to have the bonus crew seeded at the top... I cannot fathom why they didn't do this... It does this (somewhat) for galaxy

The problem is faction/galaxy are ranking by crew ability. In the expedition event, the crew still have the same base/prof as other crew, so the ranking doesn't change. It's just the VP that increases. It's similar to what we saw on skirmishes which also had a vp multiplier not a crew ability multiplier.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Derailing the thread, here's my problem:

There are no MED nodes that have rewards, so Bashir is only useful for his DIP/SEC abilities.

Conversely, there are two SCI nodes that require Sarina from last week, because none of this week's bonus crew have SCI. Meaning you can't get the 2x bonus on them.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derailing the thread, here's my problem:

There are no MED nodes that have rewards, so Bashir is only useful for his DIP/SEC abilities.

Conversely, there are two SCI nodes that require Sarina from last week, because none of this week's bonus crew have SCI. Meaning you can't get the 2x bonus on them.

and his command Skill.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the most mileage out of RAF O’Brien, followed by Roga Danar and Angel One Riker. Darth Bashir used on one DIP node, Augment Riker used accidentally once while searching for someone else...so many COM, SEC, and ENG nodes with rare rewards, what a waste.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bell Riots Bashir, Augment Riker and Mirror Leeta are able to clear all reward nodes but 4 --> 2 SCI on epic and elite. It only takes 2 runs per mission to maximize rewards with each ticket, which can be done in about 15 minutes (would be quicker if event crew stayed at the top, to avoid needless scrolling).

I don't see expedition to be the grind that some people seem to feel, and crew selection to efficiently run the missions and maximize the rewards is the most strategic part of this entire game, especially when you're relatively new and don't have a crazy strong and deep crew.
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    DB. For the love of Q...you NEED to either add filtering to the away mission screen (expedition) so that we can only see bonus crew, or you can indiscriminately put bonus crew at the top (even a 1* bonus crew is above a immortal 5* non-bonus crew on the list).

One of these needs to happen.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Bell Riots Bashir, Augment Riker and Mirror Leeta are able to clear all reward nodes but 4 --> 2 SCI on epic and elite. It only takes 2 runs per mission to maximize rewards with each ticket, which can be done in about 15 minutes (would be quicker if event crew stayed at the top, to avoid needless scrolling).

I don't see expedition to be the grind that some people seem to feel, and crew selection to efficiently run the missions and maximize the rewards is the most strategic part of this entire game, especially when you're relatively new and don't have a crazy strong and deep crew.

Agreed. I'm doing that with a 3/4 Riker and Leeta earned strictly through threshold rewards. If someone didn't get Sarina, then 3* Bashir can likey be used instead.
  • Options
    Should we not have got more tickets, i got 3 and then another 3 in the reward but that's it. I haven't got any new ones today ?
  • Options
    Should we not have got more tickets, i got 3 and then another 3 in the reward but that's it. I haven't got any new ones today ?

Did you do all your tickets yesterday? They refresh at nightly reset, and bring your total up to 3. It doesn’t bring your total above 3 if you had leftovers unused from before.