Home Make It So!
Options

Expeditions: Spend Multiple Tickets per Run

CaelonCaelon
edited June 2018 in Make It So!
A HUGE (and valid) complaint about Expeditions is that we're forced to repeat the exact same activity over... and over... and over.

I suggest you give us the option to choose the number of tickets spent on a specific run. Crit rewards would be multiplied by the number of tickets spent (i.e. a 2000 point crit node * 3 tickets = 6000 points). Once you've unlocked all the nodes, most of us would bid all of our tickets on a single run and collection maximum rewards.

However, I wouldn't multiply the mission-end bonus (i.e. the 25-100 points). They're a "grind" reward. If someone wants to grind out maximum mission points, force them to grind the entire ticket.

Some thoughts/analysis on the impact:

- You may want to cap the number of tickets that can be bid. I'm not sure what would happen if a whale could buy 500 tickets and run them all at once. More money? Or would people give up? Capping the number at 3 would be good enough for most players (even with 3x or 6x extra tickets, only a few more runs).
- I would add a warning if a player bids >1 ticket when all nodes are not already unlocked. You don't want people complaining that they accidentally spent all their tickets on the first run of the event (or of a reset).
- Bidding high numbers of tickets increases risk for some players. If you whiff on your proficiency roll and miss a node, you miss it for ALL of the tickets bid. Lower-level folks may choose to grind to reduce this uncertainty.

Comments

• Options
    ElimElim ✭✭✭
    It's certainly a intriguing idea on the face of it but I feel that expedition events are a great leveller between f2p players and p2w players and any change like this would upset that balance. Expedition events give free players a real chance to finish top 1000 if they're willing to grind. All of the legendary crew I've won in events have come from some form of Expedition Event. So no I would not support this kind of chance
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this event I struggled to use my tickets, so I like the concept but, it needs some built in penalty for using multiple tickets in one go.

e.g. each ticket gives less VP, or non event crew fatigue quicker. One ticket gives 1000 VP per node, two tickets give 1800, three tickets 2500. One ticket, non event crew gain two fatigue points per node, two tickets three points per node, three tickets, four points per node.

I would prefer if the crew selection was fixed like mentioned in other posts. e.g. event crew at the top of the list.