Home Engineering Room
Options

Unable to log in

This discussion was created from comments split from: Not able to log in since 11th January.

Comments

• Options
    RizuRizu ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Once I logged in, I picked my dailies and then tried to sent a shuttle, got an error and restarted the game. After this, I keep receiving "An error occurred during sign in" message.

I'm both connected on android, facebook and steam. I have changed my e-mail address, password and facebook password, reset game and tried to log in again, it said "We've found an existing Star Trek Timelines game in this account. Choose continue to log out of your current game, and resume progress in the game we've detected."

Choose Continue: "Invalid credentials. Unable to sign in. Please check your email or password and try again." Restarted application and "An error occurred during sign in".

But the weird thing is, before I changed my e-mail address via forum, my password reset requests replied as "We received a request to reset a password. The attempt has failed because we don’t have a registered account with this email address." As if I never registered.

It's been over 12 hours since I submit my ticket but still no response.

@Shan , any relaxing explanation? :/ Not to mention dailies, I lost my ranking in event and I'm afraid my fleet may kick me during my absence.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rizu wrote: »
    I'm experiencing same issue now. Once I logged in, I picked my dailies and then tried to sent a shuttle, got an error and restarted the game. After this, I keep receiving "An error occurred during sign in" message.

I'm both connected on android, facebook and steam. I have changed my e-mail address, password and facebook password, reset game and tried to log in again, it said "We've found an existing Star Trek Timelines game in this account. Choose continue to log out of your current game, and resume progress in the game we've detected."

Choose Continue: "Invalid credentials. Unable to sign in. Please check your email or password and try again." Restarted application and "An error occurred during sign in". Shortly, same problem.

But the weird thing is, before I changed my e-mail address via forum, my password reset requests replied as "We received a request to reset a password. The attempt has failed because we don’t have a registered account with this email address." As if I never registered.

It's been over 12 hours since I submit my ticket but still no response.

@Shan , any relaxing explanation? :/ Not to mention dailies, I lost my ranking in event and I'm afraid my fleet may kick me during my absence.

I have created a new thread for you as you necro'd a thread from April that might not have been the same issue at all.

You will receive a reply to your ticket but it will take some time.
    What I can see is that the email address for this forum account is not the one used for your game account.

To give all the relevant information to Support please update your ticket with the primary email address that is associated with your FB profile, as well as the one that is linked to your Android phone.
    There might be some conflicts there.

If you are encountering the same issue on all 3 platforms: phone, pc via FB, pc via Steam, please add that information as well.

Thank you.
  • Options
    RizuRizu ✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

I have created a new thread for you as you necro'd a thread from April that might not have been the same issue at all.

You will receive a reply to your ticket but it will take some time.
    What I can see is that the email address for this forum account is not the one used for your game account.

To give all the relevant information to Support please update your ticket with the primary email address that is associated with your FB profile, as well as the one that is linked to your Android phone.
    There might be some conflicts there.

If you are encountering the same issue on all 3 platforms: phone, pc via FB, pc via Steam, please add that information as well.

Thank you.

I logged out/in and now my e-mail address for this forum account and for my game account should seem same. My e-mail addresses those are associated with my FB profile and Android phone are completely different and I'll mention this in my ticket beside the information of encountering the same issue on phone, FB and Steam.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    RizuRizu ✭✭
    Reading similar issues drove me to despair about duration of solution but thanks to CS, they have returned me earlier than I expected (nearly 24 hours).

My issue is resolved, at least I can explain it if anyone encounters this problem in future. First, - as Shan stated to me - I informed CS that my ingame e-mail and FB e-mail addresses are different.

CS has changed my ingame e-mail address with my FB e-mail address and sent me a password reset link. With intent to stay on safe side, I used same password with my FB account.

Now everything seem working perfectly. Thanks all.

• Options
    JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    Glad it turned out to be a much easier to solve problem in your case!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rizu wrote: »
    Reading similar issues drove me to despair about duration of solution but thanks to CS, they have returned me earlier than I expected (nearly 24 hours).

My issue is resolved, at least I can explain it if anyone encounters this problem in future. First, - as Shan stated to me - I informed CS that my ingame e-mail and FB e-mail addresses are different.

CS has changed my ingame e-mail address with my FB e-mail address and sent me a password reset link. With intent to stay on safe side, I used same password with my FB account.

Now everything seem working perfectly. Thanks all.

I am glad it got resolved :)
    Regarding your password, it would be safer for it to be different than your FB one.
    You can modify it at any time on our website.