Home The Bridge
Options

Are portal/merit/voyage are leaned toward DS9 during mega event?

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just got legendary Musician Odo and Augment Riker from a merit pull.

Since we got a new update which gave us DS9 background I got following crew - 2* star for RAF O'Brien, Jazz Musician Odo, Prisoner O'Brien, Festive Jadzia Dax, 3* star for Hippocrates Noah (Sisko), Anastasia Kormanova (Kira), Mirror Ezri Dax and Stranded Odo.

That is all very unusual for me :)

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure some of it is RNG with some confirmation bias (you only notice a streak because it's a DS9 event), but I feel like we've had confirmation that event packs will lean more heavily towards event crew.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be Confirmation Bias (as said above), but I've airlocked 2* Leeta and Persis more this week than most.

There *might* be a mechanic in the game to get more event/bonus/theme crew in the mix, but it might be coincidence too.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just anecdotal observation, but I tend to agree that the RNG seeding gets skewed at times. I've actually noticed a predictive trend more than a current-event trend. For example, a few months back, I kept getting Doctor Chapels in voyages and packs - soon after, an event that included her was announced. More recently, I started getting North Star Archers dropping every few days, and soon after came the event with Xindi Prisoner Archer. I also got 2 copies of Undercover O'Brien during (roughly) weeks 2-3 of the current mega-event, and then O'Brien is featured in week 4. Whether it's confirmation bias or not, it's certainly helped improve my crew in advance of several events.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Just anecdotal observation, but I tend to agree that the RNG seeding gets skewed at times. I've actually noticed a predictive trend more than a current-event trend. For example, a few months back, I kept getting Doctor Chapels in voyages and packs - soon after, an event that included her was announced. More recently, I started getting North Star Archers dropping every few days, and soon after came the event with Xindi Prisoner Archer. I also got 2 copies of Undercover O'Brien during (roughly) weeks 2-3 of the current mega-event, and then O'Brien is featured in week 4. Whether it's confirmation bias or not, it's certainly helped improve my crew in advance of several events.

I also noticed this, specifically with Ardra and then Mirror Sisko dropping repeatedly. Maybe it is confirmation bias, but I have started referring to the Wiki for past Event crew (and variants) much more often. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Shan has denied this in the past, but the portal and voyages seem more likely to serve up event crew.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go with predictive. I have never received an event crew from voyages, yet frequently I airlock someone like Jake Sisko a week or two before they pop up in an event.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/