Home Make It So!
Options

The Honor Machine

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have so much useless stuff such as thousands of trainers, thousands of schematics, thousands of replicator rations, thousands of 9 hour time boosts, that I will never use. Let me dump all this useless stuff clogging my inventory into an honor machine. Let me put anything I have that I know will sit there for the rest of my STT life in there and convert it to whatever honor I can get for it. I’ve spent years accruing this stuff. Allow me the ability to have something to show for such dedication.

Comments

• Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    There -should- be some exchange rate between the different currencies.
    Maybe there is too much currencies by the way :

- Money
    - Dilithium
    - Chronitron
    - Honor
    - Event ticket
    - Intel
    - Merit
    - Did I forget some ?
  • Options
    R'TardigradesR'Tardigrades ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I have so much useless stuff such as thousands of trainers, thousands of schematics, thousands of replicator rations, thousands of 9 hour time boosts, that I will never use. Let me dump all this useless stuff clogging my inventory into an honor machine. Let me put anything I have that I know will sit there for the rest of my STT life in there and convert it to whatever honor I can get for it. I’ve spent years accruing this stuff. Allow me the ability to have something to show for such dedication.
  • Options
    South of SuluSouth of Sulu ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I came to the forums today to create this exact post. I would have written it a few days earlier but I wanted to come up with a name for this new in game feature that you dump stuff into and puts out honor.

Let us dump any and ALL items into The “protein resequencer”. Even future yet to be added items.

*in Star Trek the protein resequencer was introduced on Enterprise as a precursor to the replicator.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    An interesting concept. +1
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Great idea. There has to be a solution to items that doesn’t give you items, but instead a game currency. With the sheer number of unfused crew in the game Honor seems appropriate.
  • Options
    Maybe merge Honor and Merit?
  • Options

If they were to give players the in game option to exchange all our excess items into honor, with all honor that someone players would gain in matter of few minutes allowing them to purchase crew and citations from honor hall, it would only be matter of few months and people like you would be bitching again about the excess amount of honor you have and nothing to do with it
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭

If they were to give players the in game option to exchange all our excess items into honor, with all honor that someone players would gain in matter of few minutes allowing them to purchase crew and citations from honor hall, it would only be matter of few months and people like you would be bitching again about the excess amount of honor you have and nothing to do with it

I, for one, would love the chance to complain about this. Sign me up!

Here here !
    Can I borrow your pen ?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well you don’t know me at all. I am certainly not on the forum as a complainer, and I’m certainly not saying give me 100,000 honor for my extra schematics. I would be totally cool with a little honor for alot of stuff. You should know someone before you spout off about who and how they are because you obviously have no clue. Even more so as who would complain about having excess honor? I’m wondering if you are in the wrong game forum Mr. Guest.

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you don’t know me at all. I am certainly not on the forum as a complainer...

Wow, the coolest and most positive "dog" on this forum a bitchy master complainer :o Grats to your new and well NOT deserved title bud...

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you don’t know me at all. I am certainly not on the forum as a complainer...

Wow, the coolest and most positive "dog" on this forum a bitchy master complainer :o Grats to your new and well NOT deserved title bud...

Ha! Thanks man. Yeah I’m that retired dude that lives next door who calls the cops when a kid steps on my lawn. Actually, I have those neighbors on both sides. Kinda like here I suppose.

• Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Great ideea
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Like the idea, and wish DB would do it. However, I feel we might have a better chance of seeing an Excalibur wielding Leprechaun riding a unicorn whilst hunting down a Yeti. But hey, stranger things have happened, right?

I don’t think I would complain about excess honor, but I’d love to experience that particular calamity.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the idea, and wish DB would do it. However, I feel we might have a better chance of seeing an Excalibur wielding Leprechaun riding a unicorn whilst hunting down a Yeti. But hey, stranger things have happened, right?

I don’t think I would complain about excess honor, but I’d love to experience that particular calamity.

That sounds like a fun non-canon version of Finnegan on the Shore Leave Planet to me.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭

I, for one, would love the chance to complain about this. Sign me up!

Me too. I often snicker at some of these complaints. Too much credits? Pass them along to me? Too many Chronitons? Have so much stored you can't use it? By all means, DB, let them pass the wealth to us lesser beings. Perspective is lost among the elite.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    I never have extras, I use them , extra schematics and items, to replicate especially difficult to get items I need. I Take advantage of the numbers of replications available every day. I noticed that nobody even mentioning this option, but I am sure you are doing this. Just thought I mention it for the benefit of beginners. True, honor would be great, but until....I use my extras in the best possible way.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never have extras, I use them , extra schematics and items, to replicate especially difficult to get items I need. I Take advantage of the numbers of replications available every day. I noticed that nobody even mentioning this option, but I am sure you are doing this. Just thought I mention it for the benefit of beginners. True, honor would be great, but until....I use my extras in the best possible way.

You get to a point where you just have way too much surplus to ever use in the replicator
  • Options

I use all 7 of my replications every single day. Between all the places that drop junk including Galaxy events. (All the junk you get farming for the stuff you actually need) I am at max capacity on many items. I bet you didn’t even know there was a max capacity. Yup 32k on every ship schems and training program and near max on incense and few others, and that with just grinding the monthly card for 2.5 years.

No one is asking to turn 40 databases into a legendary citation. But good game design is about giving players bits of incremental satisfaction. Just knowing that the piles and piles of items I have collected can have some use would be satisfying. I am not going to even propose a number because for me whatever the exchange rate would be, is irrelevant.
  • Options
    Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    kind a like the idea but i guess the exchange costs wouldn't be in my favour.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    take it a step further...make it a starbase room that ratchets up the amount you get in return ot lowers the amount needed for a turn in. OR you get 1-3 turns a day added to the VIP count.
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    I was hoping a new client update might bring us closer to this.
    Dreams shattered.
  • Options
    I think this would be a great idea! I hope you don't mind if I add it to my thread about acquiring/upgrading existing legendaries :)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be a great idea! I hope you don't mind if I add it to my thread about acquiring/upgrading existing legendaries :)

Not at all. Spread the word!!!