Home The Bridge
Options

What I really didn't like about this mega event

EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
I really didn't like that the 5* guys (with the exception of Darth Bashir) that you worked to get (or paid money for) were useless for the rest of the event. It's a lot more fun if get to use the guys that you got from the event, in the freeking event. I know a lot of people have said that they did not like DB choice of event guys but I can get past that and most of them were sort of cool esp. 8472 .... but like I said, it just makes the event less fun if you can't use your new guys.

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colour me confiused, why were they useless, because they weren't bonus? Gotta figure an immortal enemy lines Sisko would still be good for shuttles right now. I get what you mean that you'd like them bonus the whole event but I still don't think they were useless
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Colour me confiused, why were they useless, because they weren't bonus? Gotta figure an immortal enemy lines Sisko would still be good for shuttles right now. I get what you mean that you'd like them bonus the whole event but I still don't think they were useless

I know people buy collectors items and keep them in the package and put them on a shelf to look at.... I want to play with my new toys :P
  • Options
    Depends on your crew, but 5/5 Enemy Lines Sisko wouldn’t be used on my shuttles without a bonus... Compare this mega to the Mirror TNG one, where almost all of the legendaries had bonuses...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    Depends on your crew, but 5/5 Enemy Lines Sisko wouldn’t be used on my shuttles without a bonus... Compare this mega to the Mirror TNG one, where almost all of the legendaries had bonuses...

Plus that assumes that you got a 5/5 guy.... most people who got the 5* guy, only got 1,2 or if they were really lucky 3 copies of the card. Only one guy per event won a fully fused copy .... and that wasn't me lol
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is true that in the mirror mega, generally mirror universe or terran empire traits got bonus for all events which was very helpful
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it has been posted elsewhere- but wasn't the terran mega an exception to the general rule/trend of mega events?

Generally I think this mega has been ok, but like many players it's running out of steam.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it has been posted elsewhere- but wasn't the terran mega an exception to the general rule/trend of mega events?

Generally I think this mega has been ok, but like many players it's running out of steam.

Not really, but maybe its the 'new' trend.

Borg, there were a couple odd balls not Borg, but were all 4*.
    Klingon, same non bonus for full event were 4*
    Discovery vol1 - same
    Mirror - no real non- bonus
    Discovery vol 2 (Guest staring the Andorians) - 1 5* non bonus for rest of the event - Scotty, but it was also Scottys first event.
    Vulcan/Romulan - Non bonus for full event were 4*

So really, this one and Discovery Vol 2 have been the outliers but might be a new trend.

• Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    This mega event was very poor in comparison to previous ones. Yes, free legendaries are free legendaries, so I still welcome these events, but they have definitely been on a downward trend since the Mirror event (even with all of the drama surrounding it).

Darth Bashir was an uninspiring choice, basically a version of a card that we got only a few months previous, Prisoner Cornwell, and Guinan, and another Bashir who has been around a long time. So just didn't add that much for veteran players.

The reluctance of DB to just put in more Augments, presumably because they are trying to milk the collection.

And finishing with a poor, non-canon legendary in a ho hum 6 day snorefest. Really none of the legendaries from the event were that standout.

Highlights were Sarina, a nice Augment and overall excellent 4* that I imagine will remain useful for most players for quite a while and nope, can't think of anything else... Yet another Dax that's just a weaker Romulan Data? It is a pretty picture....
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    The OP is correct, look at the previous megas:

1) Borg month, all borg were bonus, all 5* cards throughout the month were borg
    2) Klingon - all klingons were bonus and all 5* cards were klingons
    3) Discovery I - all STD cards were bonus and all 5* cards were STD
    4) Mirror - all Mirror Universe were bonus and all 5*s had that trait
    5) STD II/Andorian - This started to have cards that weren't bonus such as Dress Uniform Scotty but most were bonus throughout the event
    6) Vulcan/Romulan - all vulcans and romulans were bonus and all 5* cards had one of those traits
    7) DS9/Augment - basically only Augments were bonus but only the O'Brien from this week has that trait. None of the other 5*s were bonus crew for the rest of the event

This event definitely stands out as a dud compared to the others when you look at bonus crew.

The other events had 4*s that didn't get event bonus.

Personally, I benefited from the fact that they kept the DS9 characters in the 5* slot and the Augments in the 4*. It allowed me to actually immortalize a large number and complete the Augment collection.
  • Options
    Making DS9 bonus cew would have solved the problem. Only species 8472 was not a DS9 5* and it’s been already discussed this Mega was a terrible place to drop in this character.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    The OP is correct, look at the previous megas:

1) Borg month, all borg were bonus, all 5* cards throughout the month were borg
    2) Klingon - all klingons were bonus and all 5* cards were klingons
    3) Discovery I - all STD cards were bonus and all 5* cards were STD
    4) Mirror - all Mirror Universe were bonus and all 5*s had that trait
    5) STD II/Andorian - This started to have cards that weren't bonus such as Dress Uniform Scotty but most were bonus throughout the event
    6) Vulcan/Romulan - all vulcans and romulans were bonus and all 5* cards had one of those traits
    7) DS9/Augment - basically only Augments were bonus but only the O'Brien from this week has that trait. None of the other 5*s were bonus crew for the rest of the event

This event definitely stands out as a dud compared to the others when you look at bonus crew.

The other events had 4*s that didn't get event bonus.

Personally, I benefited from the fact that they kept the DS9 characters in the 5* slot and the Augments in the 4*. It allowed me to actually immortalize a large number and complete the Augment collection.

Yes there were 4*s in all of the megas that weren't bonus crew the rest of the event but the OP was specifically talking about the legendaries. I'm perfectly fine with 4*s not being bonus if they fit with the theme/story of the event or at least have some tangential relationship to the mega (such as Amanda Grayson in Vulcan month).
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making DS9 bonus cew would have solved the problem. Only species 8472 was not a DS9 5* and it’s been already discussed this Mega was a terrible place to drop in this character.

Solved one problem but created others.

That would have been the biggest event crew, by far, in the history of any event. I, personally, enjoy narrower events and smaller event crews. Needing 100% bonus 100% of the time makes things really bland.

Plus, I don't welcome the debates over which versions of Worf/O'Brien are DS9 vs TNG.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Highlights were Sarina, a nice Augment and overall excellent 4* that I imagine will remain useful for most players for quite a while and nope, can't think of anything else...
    Roga. He's a bit less useful than Sarina, but despite my diverse 4* crew (with some 1/5 and even 5/5 to spice things up) he's solid enough Voyage option. Looks nice too. And fits nice, despite all the controversy.

Malik and Leeta though are just uninspiring Com/Dip/Sec. And DB botched their representation on top of that.