Home Ready Room
Options

Legendary Citation or save for Kahless?

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Ready Room
Preface: I'm terrible at saving these honor points up. I usually buy super rare citations on faction event characters, but I haven't had a reason to in a while, and so the honor is nearing 50k.

Guinan is my strongest diplomat, factoring in her proficiency. I have her at 4/5 and I've always regretted not immortalizing her. She's also NOT in any packs.

I've never saved up enough to buy Kahless. He constantly defeats me in the gauntlet. I have Mirror Picard and Admiral Nechayev to compete. Oh, and Mirror Worf if that's relevant.

Oh, and I don't want Captain Beverly Picard, if that matters.

Legendary Citation or save for Kahless? 28 votes

Award Guinan a citation and immortalize her.
67%
Data1001[QH] He-Who-Meows12345678 of 123456789PinkyfirstBanjo1012al103Gib - Admiral MarinersGhostStalkerIronagedaveCaptain CrouchyEmmett K[DC] Picard Loves RedsCSR _WaylanderDirk GundersonLegate Damar (FF) Joe240Seven of One guest_740707332268032]§[ Jonathan 19 votes
Keep saving and hope you don't blow any before you make it to Kahless.
21%
Jim SteeleMatt_DeckerTheJaneWaySuperAmdynAutomaton_2000Luc de Forte 6 votes
Something else. Explain.
10%
jackson992IrialJoeSage2 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say go for Guinan. As you said, she is no longer attainable, plus that extra star will do you good for Voyages. Any other legendaries you have can be obtained in the game.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I say go for Guinan. As you said, she is no longer attainable, plus that extra star will do you good for Voyages. Any other legendaries you have can be obtained in the game.

You're right, she's practically on every voyage as it is. Very good input, thank you.
  • Options
    I use mine a lot more for voyages than guantet which I'm surprised at.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Archer wrote: »
    I use mine a lot more for voyages than guantet which I'm surprised at.

The beauty part is you can use for both at the same time

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

You're right, she's practically on every voyage as it is. Very good input, thank you.

Also that 5th star is the biggest stat increase

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guinan isn't in packs. Plus she's the only one of your legendaries that you talked about
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Kahless is one of many COM/DIP/SEC Legendaries in the game. Guinan is a much rarer DIP/MED/SEC so she will see a lot more voyage usefulness.
  • Options
    Something else. Explain.
    I must be missing something lol. I don't see Guinan in Honor Hall
    Jack Mitchell
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    jackson992 wrote: »
    I must be missing something lol. I don't see Guinan in Honor Hall

She's not. As the OP said they're debating citing the one they already have or buying Kahless.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Something else. Explain.
    I am a fan of saving up Honor, and not spending it right away just because I have some. Which is not to say I am reluctant to use it if some type of relatively urgent need arises.

Like you @GhostStalker, I too have been spending 18,000 regularly over the past number of months each time I have needed to add a 4th Star to a new Faction Event Threshold Reward character so that they could be Immortalized (and frozen into the Cryostasis Vault).
    I have also spent 54,000 each time I have received one of the Voyages only characters (i.e., The Clown, Thot Gor, Jannar & Lucien).

I have never bought a Legendary citation to add a Star to a 5* character, as I have never felt this would provide me with a substantial benefit within the game. I say this because I do not think the resulting stat increase will make a meaningful difference regarding the success I can experience with Voyages. For example in your situation, how much would bumping up Guinan's 3 core skills by a total of about 400 increase the length your Voyages? Maybe 10 or 15 minutes? I am not really sure to be honest what the answer is, but I suggest you try crunching the numbers through the various calculators that exist on these Forums and find out how much benefit you would get, and what value you perceive this has for you.

Regarding Kahless, I have owned him for a long time, and feel I have received a good return on my 100,000 investment. This being said, I do not use him in the Gauntlet as much as I used to before, and in your circumstance, especially since you already own Nechayev, I could understand a decision to not focus on acquiring him now. I would more think of it as, if you had your Honor build up to over 200,000 (which is where I am currently), then it would probably make sense to spend half of it on Kahless.

Finally, regarding the possibility of getting your 5th Star for Guinan in a different way, let me remind you of a response @Admiral Prince gave to a question during the April '18 Q&A:

Will there be more chances to get Guinan and Locutus?
    Yes, old gauntlet jackpot crew will show up in the game at some point. For instance, there has been a pack that featured Locutus. That wasn’t enough, so we are talking about what our preferred method for introducing them to a larger population of players should be. We won’t be making it so that the time and effort people spent getting these characters out of the gauntlet is trivialised. So, at the very least, those crew will experience a period of exclusivity even after they are removed from the gauntlet.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I currently have Guinan at 4/5 and the next Citation I earn will go on her, I've always cited non portal and mega event, so far. Afterwards I could switch to Sarek or Mariachi Q but I think I will start taking my chances on Legendary beholds as I don't have many Legendaries.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO