Home The Bridge
Options

4 minute ad

Amy one else getting long ads that half freeze.
Uproxx or what ever documentary.

Sad panda.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't freeze for me, but it did ignore the mute setting on my iPhone (same as the Intel ads).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that prescription drug ads are both long (though not that long) and ignore muting.
  • Options
    Didn't freeze for me, but it did ignore the mute setting on my iPhone (same as the Intel ads).

That's most likely because it is another Intel ad. I saw it this evening. Nice little story about an Indie game developer that crowd sourced her game, which is still under development. But yea, 4 minutes is way too long. Can you do something about it DB? Like ban the ad from your pool or something?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have seen that ad several times in the past couple of days, too. It wasn't until it was a ways in (seemed like closer to a minute than 30 seconds, but I may be wrong), that there is a "Skip Ad" button that appears after it plays for awhile. I get spoiled with those ads that are only about 5 seconds. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Yes, though the prescription ads are at least more pleasant than those for other games, even if they are less relevant (sorry whimsical breast cancer prescription ad, I’m a male and my breasts are fine)
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    milamber42 wrote: »

That's most likely because it is another Intel ad.

LOL, yeah I just got it again and noticed it was an Intel ad. Once you get about a minute, minute and a half in there is a 'skip' option that takes you to the end and you can close the ad, don't have yo watch the whole thing to get credit.
  • Options
    If it’s a long ad, just close it prematurely and start up a new one.
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Doesn't let me close it. And when I force close stt it gives me the same ad 4 times in a row so far
  • Options
    I've had an unskippable 3min add come up constantly on my iPhone over the past few days. I usually put the phone down and go and make a brew while I wait for it to finish.

What is more annoying though, is an unskippable 'game' advert which forces me to make doughnuts and ice cream in in order to compete the ad-warp. It's very banal and takes a bit of concentration to complete.

Has anyone else had that pop up (it's only ever on my Android tablet)
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that most of those "play our mini game!" ads that comes up can actually just be waited out and eventually it will show a timer or an "X" in the corner. One that I've been getting a lot recently is not a game ad but I think for a computer chip (I pay absolutely no attention to the ad content, lol), which asks you to choose a correct answer from three choices — I just randomly hit one without looking and no matter whether it's true or false, it then brings up the "X" so I can close it — but I'm pretty sure that one requires you to tap buttons, as it won't end otherwise.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I've had an unskippable 3min add come up constantly on my iPhone over the past few days. I usually put the phone down and go and make a brew while I wait for it to finish.

What is more annoying though, is an unskippable 'game' advert which forces me to make doughnuts and ice cream in in order to compete the ad-warp. It's very banal and takes a bit of concentration to complete.

Has anyone else had that pop up (it's only ever on my Android tablet)

Yup. I immediately cancel it, and I can trigger another adwarp.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, though the prescription ads are at least more pleasant than those for other games, even if they are less relevant (sorry whimsical breast cancer prescription ad, I’m a male and my breasts are fine)

Just one thing in case you didn’t know: male breast cancer is a thing, so if you have an otherwise inexplicable pain in the chestal region you should go see your doctor. /psa
  • Options
    My favourite is the 3+ minute ad that starts with the words "you decide how this story ends". That's right, I do. It ends very abruptly (then I ad warp anew).
  • Options
    Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    It wasn't freezing for me either the first half dozen times it played. But just locked up my phone this time around. I had to restart the app.
    Data1001 wrote: »
    that there is a "Skip Ad" button that appears after it plays for awhile.
    I've not seen any "skip ad" button or any other button.

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    These sort of extended adverts have been annoying European, or at least UK players for a few weeks now. I posted about it in engineering as I saw it as a bug, and my post got tucked away into a general advert complaint thread.

I’ve tried cancelling the advert and trying again, and after 3 or 4 attempts it sometimes works, but other times it’s gone 10+ tries without displaying a reasonable advert.

I would push the matter further, but I’m hoping DB will respond when they see the drop in advertising revenue, rather than a longstanding player highlighting a real issue. As is the case with most things DB - don’t trust the players on important things, wait for the drop in earnings before actually giving a **tsk tsk**.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the 4 minute game developmemt ad this morning. It said "skippable after 30 seconds" at the top, but the option to skip did not appear until 50 seconds in.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    They changed something on the ad (likely after numerous complaints) making it more obvious what needs to be done to skip it after 30 seconds.

But it still comes up way too often. It isn't even an "ad", it is an infomercial.
  • Options
    It's the only ad I've gotten for more than two days now.