Home The Bridge
Options

Why are you like this, Cyrus Redblock?

Just, ugh. Honestly the worst character I've worked on equipping for quite some time because of all the faction items, and then his last four equipment slots are making me think I'll either hold off on finishing him or just replicate three 5* items.
wjih6h960zur.png

Like, what even is this? Why is he wearing two hats?
2e6k2hh8o1v7.png

And why is the recipe for his revolver the exact same recipe as that for his hat? What kind of scientific wizardry is this?
ru4yeuj9yylf.png

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The recipe for the revolver has been bogus since day one. And trust me when I say they are beyond awful to make the old-fashioned way; if I had to do it again I would just replicate the hat and revolver and be done with it. Plus, unless you’re starving for COM/DIP crew, he isn’t even that helpful on voyages anymore.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I know this pain all too well. I'm also stuck on those final few items on Redblock right now. Such a pain in the backside.
  • Options
    General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    Once I finally fully equipped and immortalized him, it was a great feeling....almost as good as immortalizing Doctor La Forge!
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    I just airlocked him from the 300k reward pull.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many 2* novels
  • Options
    Brunt, FCABrunt, FCA ✭✭✭
    Remember when Redblock had like the highest 4* CMD in the game and then they horrifically nerfed him a week later?
  • Options
    Still has a great voyage score for a 4*,but the skills are so common that he rarely gets used. How did they nerf him, that must have been before my time?
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Brunt, FCA wrote: »
    Remember when Redblock had like the highest 4* CMD in the game and then they horrifically nerfed him a week later?

I had to contact CS for that debacle.

I hate this character, airlock him whenever he shows up

• Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    So many 2* novels
    You worry about THOSE? Between Maquis shuttles for Encodes and being side dish on Cadets I have like 200 of those (199 actually).
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    So many 2* novels
    You worry about THOSE? Between Maquis shuttles for Encodes and being side dish on Cadets I have like 200 of those (199 actually).

There's more than one way to play the game, and some players have large numbers of items others can't seem to get enough of. I'll never understand why someone would respond to "I need so many widgets" with "I have ten billion lol". It just seems like you're unnecessarily rubbing it in.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just find humour in the fact that most, if not all, projectile weapons require alcohol of some sort to build.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    feeling better about airlocking him twice.
  • Options
    I just finished leveling Gangster Kirk and he needed a lot of the same items - used a lot of the replicator and swore every 10 levels when I saw then next 4 needed more of the same as the last. Cyrus has been languishing at level 1, 2/4 stars for ages and he'll probably stay there till I find 2 more of him stuffed in a cupboard on some distant outpost.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    I actually finished leveling him before i fully fuesed him. I got his 4th star from a basic 10x pull and thought "finally...FINALLY I can freeze this PITA!"
  • Options
    Ugh, that took forever. I did end up just replicating everything once I built my credits up a bit.

2xtpybfxkwqp.png
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    He was slightly worth it till they said "whoops he has kirks items!" And gave him copies without kirks name on them, and no stats also. After his limited pack was gone from the shop, that was another great moment in copy paste history.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    He was slightly worth it till they said "whoops he has kirks items!" And gave him copies without kirks name on them, and no stats also. After his limited pack was gone from the shop, that was another great moment in copy paste history.

I hadn't realized until I started this thread why people hated this guy so much. Sounds like another fun time to be a member of DB's customer service team.
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    I too posted about Cyrus recently. Replicate and move on. He is awful to complete and not worth the effort...
  • Options
    One of the tricks of keeping this game fun is to not obsess over finishing characters right away. Put them on the back burner, work on one item a week, whatever you feel you need to do -- just build components when you have excess items. There's no rush unless you're trying to be F2M (First to Max), then good luck.

I say that. I had someone maxed in 16 minutes and was already too late. So, yeah, Good Luck!

Redblock has some painful items to be sure, but one of the best things you can do is identify which items drop hard from factions and shop the store every day. Best use for merits there is, assuming you can find 3* alcohol, or 0* ancient films, etc. :smile:
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hats! The pistol!

Funniest thread ever
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/