Home The Bridge

It's a Faction event coming up - Time to ask if the Shuttles are fixed again

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
It has now been 2 months plus a full update to the shuttles module since we were told that a bug ticket on perhaps the most significant bug in the game as it relates to event competition was opened:

qyvdckdnbf4s.png

We were told that we would be communicated to about the outcome of this ticket as soon as there was information to share. Please DB, uphold your commitments to the community and let us know if this has been fixed so we know how to load up shuttles in the upcoming event. Preliminary data points to you already fixing this (yay!), just tell us so we know how to play the event.

We are not going to stop asking for this before every single event, and it will keep looking worse and worse the longer this is ignored.

Comments

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan do you have any updates on this? :smile:
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have an update, no.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also remember that re-runs tend to use old code for shuttles at that time so even if AND slots have been fixed now it doesn't mean anything for the re-run.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan is DB still committed to providing an update?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Also remember that re-runs tend to use old code for shuttles at that time so even if AND slots have been fixed now it doesn't mean anything for the re-run.

They reuse shuttle missions. I would be very surprised if the mechanics of shuttle pass/fail were ported from event to event in that fashion. It would be a very odd way to develop.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Are you declining to provide an update or is there no new information?
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably don't have the resources to fix the bug. Everyone is probably already busy creating new crew and new events. Those generate revenue. Fixing bugs doesn't
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably don't have the resources to fix the bug. Everyone is probably already busy creating new crew and new events. Those generate revenue. Fixing bugs doesn't

They have likely fixed the bug. That's what the data seems to indicate. They probably don't want to admit that the bug existed for a year and they continued to run faction events(selling crew, boosts, etc) while ignoring players constantly claiming there was an issue.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

Are you declining to provide an update or is there no new information?

To poorly quote Spock from TWOK :

There are two possibilities. They are unable to respond. They are unwilling to respond.

It's this.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or DB is unwilling and Shan is unable. A shame really.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

At least say what the expectations should be. Will we get a response? If not, why, if yes, when?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I view that as one and the same. Shan is the spokesperson for DB. Whatever she is saying is what DB wants her to say. I don't blame her for sticking to company line. I blame DB the company for it's lack of transparency and asking Shan to come here and dodge the questions.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I view that as one and the same. Shan is the spokesperson for DB. Whatever she is saying is what DB wants her to say. I don't blame her for sticking to company line. I blame DB the company for it's lack of transparency and asking Shan to come here and dodge the questions.

I've been tempted to send Shan flowers at times when things have gotten into full furball mode here. What says, "Hey I hope this brightens your day and thanks for putting up with the crap you have to deal with including your overmaster" without any other connotations?
  • Been monitoring my shuttles success chance vs actual result in a spreadsheet. Shuttles are still running about 15-20% off from the displayed success chance.

I've had friends quit the game because they saved up their dilithium to purchase the 4th shuttle and then felt very cheated by the shuttle mechanics. They couldn't succeed at faction events due to the fail rates. It's just not fun. It's why I won't upgrade my shuttle. Just not worth it. I just look at faction events as 'time off' from events.

Something is wrong here and DB has to figure it out. Either there's a bug somewhere that is causing the additional fail rates OR there is an issue in the displayed success chance. I don't know anymore. I thought it was related to which skill was first, but in the end, it's just messed up.
  • edited July 2018
    Does the bug also apply to galaxy events when it requires AND crew ?

juef9pcl2ube.jpg

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone has paid enough attention to notice if there is a bug.